Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Pre-Season Rankings
With most teams starting to get things going (minus basketball players), Who do you see being the favorite?

1.  Estill
2.  PCC
3.  Hazard
4.  Knott
5.  Breathitt
6.  Leslie
7.  Letcher
8.  Powell
9.  Wolfe
10.  Lee
11.  Buckhorn
12.  Cordia
13.  Owlsey
14.  Jackson City
Estill's schedule will help them. They've added Henry Clay and will end the season against them. Breathitt is back on the schedule as well as Madison Central and Rockcastle County and Harrison County. Estill will play both Hazard and Perry Central twice this season. Estill will play both Hazard and PCC at PCC. Estill will host Hazard and will play PCC in a tournament at Montgomery County.
Estill was suppose to play Frederick Douglass but game was scratched due to a schedule conflict. Suppose to be playing LCA but no confirmation on that.
Knot has a tough schedule this year. If games get play. Bryan Station, Rowan. Clay county, Lawrence, Pikeville, Pulaski, Estill, East Carter, Montgomery. A good schedule for this team. Heard Duff left Perry and went to Hazard.
Estill is interchangeable in the field, have to nail down a 3rd baseman. Pitching on paper is pretty solid with 5 if they take care of arms and watch pitch counts early and stay healthy. Estill has got to average 5-8 runs, play some small ball so the meat of lineup can drive in runs. Engineers must make routine plays in the field to support pitching staff. Tough scheduule.

Estill, Hazard, Breathitt, PCC, Knott
Jacobcody, Duff doesn't play baseball. Hasnt in a few years.
(01-31-2021, 12:28 PM)Upthemiddel Wrote: Estill is interchangeable in the field, have to nail down a 3rd baseman.  Pitching on paper is pretty solid with 5 if they take care of arms and watch pitch counts early and stay healthy.  Estill has got to average 5-8 runs, play some small ball so the meat of lineup can drive in runs. Engineers must make routine plays in the field to support pitching staff.  Tough scheduule.

KCC 5th? That is low for KCC. I don’t know if they are 5th in region.
(01-31-2021, 10:52 PM)jacobcody2 Wrote:
(01-31-2021, 12:28 PM)Upthemiddel Wrote: Estill is interchangeable in the field, have to nail down a 3rd baseman.  Pitching on paper is pretty solid with 5 if they take care of arms and watch pitch counts early and stay healthy.  Estill has got to average 5-8 runs, play some small ball so the meat of lineup can drive in runs. Engineers must make routine plays in the field to support pitching staff.  Tough scheduule.

KCC 5th? That is low for KCC. I don’t know if they are 5th in region.
What would your pre-season rankings be?
I think Knott be 3rd behind Estill, Hazard, KCC, PCC and Breathitt. Seen Hazard played during some summer league last year and not for sure what they will have this year. I put them second because of their head coach. One of the best to coach baseball around here.
(01-26-2021, 01:33 PM)catsrule Wrote: With most teams starting to get things going (minus basketball players), Who do you see being the favorite?

1.  Estill
2.  PCC
3.  Hazard
4.  Knott
5.  Breathitt
6.  Leslie
7.  Letcher
8.  Powell
9.  Wolfe
10.  Lee
11.  Buckhorn
12.  Cordia
13.  Owlsey
14.  Jackson City
Any new names we should keep an eye on in the region sophomores , freshman ?
(02-24-2021, 12:45 PM)Bulldogfan7 Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 01:33 PM)catsrule Wrote: With most teams starting to get things going (minus basketball players), Who do you see being the favorite?

1.  Estill
2.  PCC
3.  Hazard
4.  Knott
5.  Breathitt
6.  Leslie
7.  Letcher
8.  Powell
9.  Wolfe
10.  Lee
11.  Buckhorn
12.  Cordia
13.  Owlsey
14.  Jackson City
Any new names we should keep an eye on in the region sophomores , freshman ?
David Brock, a freshman for my Eagles should make a big impact for us. Throwing high 70's to low 80's on the mound and a solid bat.
Not real famliar with the 14th region as a whole but from the 54th district I would say the best Sophomores are Max Johnson, Braxton Davidson, and Hank Pelfrey from Hazard, Wyatt Hensley from Leslie is very talented, Jacob Daniels, Nolan Wooton, and Mason McAlarnis are real good players from Perry Central, Andrew Combs and Issac Bellamy from Breathitt County. Im sure Estill, Powell, Letcher and several other teams have some good talent.
Sources in the southern 14th Region say Estill returns Seniors R Hix, K Powell, A Elam and I Napier along with Jr fire baller Lucas Flynn and infielder T Niece. Solid Sophomore Pitcher/
Infielder T Forehand and Catcher B Waddell
Who are top pitchers in region going to be this year?
Hix from Estill will probably be the best pitcher in the region. I'm assuming he'll get the nod to start the season against Madison Central here in couple weeks.
(03-07-2021, 03:02 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: Hix from Estill will probably be the best pitcher in the region. I'm assuming he'll get the nod to start the season against Madison Central here in couple weeks.
(03-07-2021, 04:51 PM)Upthemiddel Wrote:
(03-07-2021, 03:02 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: Hix from Estill will probably be the best pitcher in the region. I'm assuming he'll get the nod to start the season against Madison Central here 
Insiders say Hix, Elam, Forehand and Flynn could be a rotation to watch in 14th.
Breathitt has an 8th grader Sebastian Howard that everyone should keep an eye on. Kid has a very bright future well beyond high school ball