Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 2021
(07-09-2021, 03:02 AM)bac2369 Wrote: Rams got any 5th year guys staying back?
Not that I know of
Anyone else close know?
As far as i know, theres no 5th year football players. I have heard rumblings of some underclassmen taking advantage of the bill, but they are at the jr high and grade school level.

We will have experience at the skill positions and alot of potential at the QB spot. But upfront will be the question mark offensively. Defensivley, we will be as good if not better this year and should be much faster sideline to sideline, which was our biggest issue last year against better teams.
^ thanks trying to get some information if any of there seniors stayed back, So I can see if I need to change my perspective on where they should be.I think the Raceland offense is gonna be ahead of the defense to start the season from looking at what I have down for them. Defensively from what I have they lost there top 5 in tackles from last season.
Rams return all but 2 starters on offense . From what I have heard all but 2 Juniors from last years team took advantage of the sb128. So Rams will only have 2 seniors on this team . Also several Sophomores and Freshman did as well . The offense should be as good as they have had in a long time . Experience upfront and playing the Freshman and Sophomore in the backfield last year should pay off big time this year . I have not seen him in person yet but I hear the new QB has great potential. Rams could have a big season in my opinion
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ramfan02's post:
  • Ramcat77
Rams have been given a gift with the watered down class A system. All the heavy hitters have moved to 2-A but yet they haven’t brought home the hardware yet. Tick tock tick tock …..time is running out for the Rams.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • Ramcat77
(07-12-2021, 12:36 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: Rams have been given a gift with the watered down class A system. All the heavy hitters have moved to 2-A but yet they haven’t brought home the hardware yet. Tick tock tick tock …..time is running out for the Rams.

As long as Salmons is head coach Raceland will never bring home the hardware.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jarons's post:
  • RAMDAD50
(07-12-2021, 12:36 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: Rams have been given a gift with the watered down class A system. All the heavy hitters have moved to 2-A but yet they haven’t brought home the hardware yet. Tick tock tick tock …..time is running out for the Rams.
not all...
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • 2000PHS, PHS DYNASTY
The problem with Raceland is for whatever reason a culture exists here that has no respect for the fact that other programs are good.  After the 06 season when KY went to 6 classes I remember a lot of people around town saying that Raceland would  be in the championship game every year after finally getting away from the NKY region and here we are 15 years later with only 1 title game appearance where we got throttled.

I really hope we have a good season this year but past experience makes me skeptical about getting that elusive championship.  Perhaps I am a bit disillusioned about the hype that our program likes to give itself but after years of it “being our year” and falling flat, it is hard to buy in to the hype anymore.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Orange Blaze's post:
  • RAMDAD50
I agree blaze. I will always be behind the Rams. As i know you will to. If 75, 88, 95, 2006, 2007(underrated team), 2008 played in this system...we would have multiple titles. Not just appearing in, but winning state titles. That being said, ifs and buts aint candies and nuts. Hopefully this is the year it all falls together instead of falling through. Expectations are high...but are they achievable?
(07-12-2021, 05:14 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote:
The problem with Raceland is for whatever reason a culture exists here that has no respect for the fact that other programs are good.  After the 06 season when KY went to 6 classes I remember a lot of people around town saying that Raceland would  be in the championship game every year after finally getting away from the NKY region and here we are 15 years later with only 1 title game appearance where we got throttled.

I really hope we have a good season this year but past experience makes me skeptical about getting that elusive championship.  Perhaps I am a bit disillusioned about the hype that our program likes to give itself but after years of it “being our year” and falling flat, it is hard to buy in to the hype anymore.
I came to terms years ago Blaze. Our programs are good  and we have a very healthy environment for young men to play and learn the sport of their choice. We simply are not a championship program. At the end of the day we all need to appreciate the things this small school has. We are seeing schools dismantle their programs and some can barely filed a team. We have a amazing campus and it’s about to get even better. It usually takes influences from outsiders to be able to win a ring at a small school and I’ve said for years….I would rather lose with our kids then to win with someone else’s kids.
^^^Wow Raceland never has transfers on the field! Good to know
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • 2000PHS
(07-13-2021, 03:06 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^Wow Raceland never has transfers on the field! Good to know
Jet…it’s way to soon to be trolling hahah ….go crash somewhere else! Hahah
(07-13-2021, 10:04 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(07-13-2021, 03:06 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^Wow Raceland never has transfers on the field! Good to know
Jet…it’s way to soon to be trolling hahah ….go crash somewhere else! Hahah
Never too soon to call out obvious BS
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • PHS DYNASTY
(01-23-2021, 11:32 PM)E's Army Wrote: Can anybody in 1A play with the Rams

No one for several years can play with Raceland….. But, we have seen if you can keep it close 90% of the time Mike is going to choke.