Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Georgia 63 Kentucky 62
Final from Stegman Coliseum .

Dogs close on a 7-0  run  .    Cats with some typical terrible plays down the stretch.
I only see 2 problems.... MENTALLY and PHYSICALLY
I've have a stat that's gonna blow your boxers off .  Tonight's loss to a bad Georgia team was the  28th  loss to an unranked team since  2016.
That really does blow my mind.... WOW
Jackson just catches that ball instead of blocking it to look cool. We win the game. That’s a young kid making a stupid mistake.

And then Cal runs a man to man defense under the goal with 3 seconds left. Blows my mind.

We were up 62-56 with 2 minutes left in the game and we end up losing.

Sad sad night for Kentucky basketball and describes this season perfectly.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(01-21-2021, 12:09 AM)Spud6 Wrote: Jackson just catches that ball instead of blocking it to look cool. We win the game. That’s a young kid making a stupid mistake.

And then Cal runs a man to man defense under the goal with 3 seconds left. Blows my mind.

Inexcusable for a GA player to be allowed to break open with a path to the basket in that situation. Those are the kinds of things that losing teams do.
Spud6 Wrote:Jackson just catches that ball instead of blocking it to look cool. We win the game. That’s a young kid making a stupid mistake.

That was exactly what my friend and I that I was watching the game with said as soon as it happened.  I'm telling you, with the SEC schedule we have left, plus Texas, we may be looking at something like a 7-19 regular season.  Unfathomable.
jesus cal is a aweful coach. Please up and quit after the season and take all these 5 start recruits with you. Then lets bring in a coach that knows 1. how to coach x and o's. 2. will bring players in that want to be here and not just use us. 3. maybe actually bring in some KY kids. There are some good ones. I mean they play at UofL and other schools.

But primarily please Cal just leave. Most of us are now over you.
We’re terrible. Just isn’t a good team. Everyone goes for Cals head and yells about playing KY kids etc etc Dontaie Allen isn’t very good either. The team doesn’t have a lot of talent. Boston was the best player on the court. And now if comes out Allen is asking Cal not to start him. Almost like the coach knows his team.
(01-22-2021, 05:28 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: We’re terrible. Just isn’t a good team. Everyone goes for Cals head and yells about playing KY kids etc etc Dontaie Allen isn’t very good either. The team doesn’t have a lot of talent. Boston was the best player on the court. And now if comes out Allen is asking Cal not to start him. Almost like the coach knows his team.
No team having the #1 ranked recruiting class is lacking talent. Poor coaching can make talented players look bad. ESPN ranked 6 Kentucky recruits in their top 100 players in the 2020 class. Recruiting experts are sometimes wrong, so let's give Calipari the benefit of doubt and assume that he only had the fifth best recruiting class in the nation.

Talent is not the issue. This is the same coach who started five players ahead of Devin Booker a few months before Booker averaged 13.8 points per game against NBA competition and finished 4th in Rookie of the Year voting. Coach Calipari takes players who would often be first round NBA draft picks with no college experience and produces first round draft picks.

Calipari has had arguably the best talent any Kentucky coach has ever had during his career at the school and he still trails Adolph Rupp 4 to 1 in NCAA titles. He has the same number of titles as Tubby Smith, Joe B. Hall, and Rick Pitino. Compare the raw talent on the current team to Rick Pitino's first UK team, which posted a 14-14 record, and it is no contest.
Cal is a snake oil salesman. He's only a good coach because of the great coaches he has next to him. We all know that Kenny Payne made Cal.

heres some facts on Cal that we have all seen many years now. Cal is not a X and O's coach. Cal can not make adjustments. Cal always gets out coached by by better coaches and then makes excuse after excuse.

My favorite excuse is this. We are so young, yada yada yada. Well coach you wouldn't be young is you stopped running off players for the pros. If you want to coach in the Pros then go pro. No wait for it. You weren't very good there either.