Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auburn 66 Kentucky 59
Final from Auburn.
Let the losses keep coming and the Cal excuses keep flowing.
When you can't shoot, winning is moot...
If they don't start dunking they're going to keep flunking
[-] The following 1 user Likes Oledad92's post:
  • Old School Hound
Sarr and these Five-Stars have me wanting to hit the bars...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Oledad92
What did cal say in postgame? Didn’t even feel like watching him.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(01-16-2021, 06:53 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Sarr and these Five-Stars have me wanting to hit the bars...
Big Grin

(01-16-2021, 07:02 PM)Spud6 Wrote: What did cal say in postgame? Didn’t even feel like watching him.
I didn't watch it either
He said you wasn’t playing Allen cause he didn’t want other guys to lose heart. That meaning Boston
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(01-16-2021, 08:01 PM)Spud6 Wrote: He said you wasn’t playing Allen cause he didn’t want other guys to lose heart. That meaning Boston

Really? He really said that?
(01-16-2021, 08:06 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(01-16-2021, 08:01 PM)Spud6 Wrote: He said you wasn’t playing Allen cause he didn’t want other guys to lose heart. That meaning Boston

Really? He really said that?

Not word for word. But he said they was running Allen plays and he wasn’t shooting the ball.
#BBFL
Get rid of the five star trash and give me 10 to 12 of Allan. He’s a Ky kid and actually will play for heart and play for his home state
BJ Boston was suppose to be one of cals prize players only to find out the kid can't make shots at the next level. He's selfish. & taking Allan out of the game so that Boston dont lose heart is just dumb.
Boston is getting all those minutes but, has he actually earned them? My guess is cal is more focused on getting certain players to the NBA. Smh
I don't get many opportunities to watch UK, even if I did I probably wouldn't watch them very much because I can't stand Calipari. I don't follow recruiting in any sport. What is so special about Allen? Why does everyone want him to play more?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(01-16-2021, 10:46 PM)Jarons Wrote: I don't get many opportunities to watch UK,  even if I did I probably wouldn't watch them very much because I can't stand Calipari. I don't follow recruiting in any sport. What is so special about Allen? Why does everyone want him to play more?

He’s the only one who can shoot and I mean the only one when he shoots it you think it’s going in.
#BBFL
Cals excuse of not wanting to take someone’s heart today had to be one of the most lame excuses I’ve ever seen. Allen and Toppin was leading the points at halftime and not only did they not start the 2nd half but they barely seen the floor at all. Cal is so quick to pull his best shooter and sit him, but let’s the turnover machine Boston play 40 minutes. Cal’s goal isn’t to win titles, he has said this many times, his goal is to get players drafted (his words). Well he won’t have to worry about playoffs or a title this year, and by the looks of things, getting this bunch drafted may be harder, so what’s he gonna do? He’s gonna sacrifice wins in the hopes someone in the NBA will overlook all the turnovers and bad play just to get them drafted. Good thing some bonehead gave him a lifetime contract.
(01-16-2021, 10:46 PM)Jarons Wrote: I don't get many opportunities to watch UK,  even if I did I probably wouldn't watch them very much because I can't stand Calipari. I don't follow recruiting in any sport. What is so special about Allen? Why does everyone want him to play more?

He’s a KY kid and he’s the best shooter on the team. It took the fans complaining enough to convince Cal to play him because he’s not a 5 star and cal only has interest in those that he can ship off to the NBA after one season. Against Auburn he led in points at the half but didn’t start the second half, he barely seen the floor in the second half. Why you ask? Because Cal needs the 5 star turnover machine in there and Cal couldn’t take him out because he said it would break the kids heart. UK basketball is a joke this season, and Cal couldn’t care less. As he’s said, it’s about the draft, not titles and wins.
(01-16-2021, 10:34 PM)Oledad92 Wrote: BJ Boston was suppose to be one of cals prize players only to find out the kid can't make shots at the next level. He's selfish. & taking Allan out of the game so that Boston dont lose heart is just dumb.
Boston is getting all those minutes but, has he actually earned them? My guess is cal is more focused on getting certain players to the NBA. Smh

Yeah Cal’s always said you have to earn minutes to play. I’m guessing that only applies to anyone that’s not a lottery pick with 5 stars by their name. Boston would be lucky to stand out on a high school team, but you can believe Cal will give him his 40 minutes, meanwhile the best shooter on the team is riding the pine. I truly hope Allen transfers so he can shine like he deserves. Go to WKU, the best team in KY this year.
(01-17-2021, 05:46 AM)Demarcus ware Wrote:
(01-16-2021, 10:34 PM)Oledad92 Wrote: BJ Boston was suppose to be one of cals prize players only to find out the kid can't make shots at the next level. He's selfish. & taking Allan out of the game so that Boston dont lose heart is just dumb.

Yeah Cal’s always said you have to earn minutes to play. I’m guessing that only applies to anyone that’s not a lottery pick with 5 stars by their name. Boston would be lucky to stand out on a high school team, but you can believe Cal will give him his 40 minutes, meanwhile the best shooter on the team is riding the pine. I truly hope Allen transfers so he can shine like he deserves. Go to WKU, the best team in KY this year.
Boston's is probably looking at g league right out of the gate right along with a few others, me I hope Allen stays. Would hate to see a kid like him go all because cal don't mind benching him just to give bj "brick city" Boston minutes. Something better change or cal will be pushed out the door
(01-17-2021, 12:12 PM)Oledad92 Wrote:

Boston's is probably looking at g league right out of the gate right along with a few others, me I hope Allen stays. Would hate to see a kid like him go all because cal don't mind benching him just to give bj "brick city" Boston minutes. Something better change or cal will be pushed out the door
Cal is not much of a judge of talent, IMO. He has probably cost UK at least one title when he decided that Devin Booker and Tyler Ulis were not good enough to start over the Harrison twins. IMO, Booker was the best player ever to play at Kentucky who never cracked the regular starting lineup.

A head coach owes it to his team to award playing time based on performance and both Ulis and Booker had earned more playing time that the Harrisons did by mid-season and should have been starting in the tournament.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • jax
I often wonder anymore if the coaches like Cal who seemingly only want “top 50” ranked prospects bother to really watch these guys play, or if they are just basically accepting of whatever the recruiting “gurus” throw out there. I mean, come on, who are these geniuses that can tell the small details that separate a guy from being ranked, say 12th overall vs. a guy ranked 86th? And do the coaches worry about how the pieces will fit together, or do they just swing for the fences to have a top-ranked recruiting class, then assume they are so great at coaching they can make it work? Someone made a great point earlier, Nick Saban, for years a defense-first guy, has admitted the football game had changed, and went out and started building an elite offense. And he just won his 7th national championship! The coaches that are willing to change as the game evolves stay successful. The ones that won’t—-I’m afraid we are seeing the result of that in Lexington right now.
(01-17-2021, 01:10 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(01-17-2021, 12:12 PM)Oledad92 Wrote:

Cal is not much of a judge of talent, IMO. He has probably cost UK at least one title when he decided that Devin Booker and Tyler Ulis were not good enough to start over the Harrison twins. IMO, Booker was the best player ever to play at Kentucky who never cracked the regular starting lineup.

A head coach owes it to his team to award playing time based on performance and both Ulis and Booker had earned more playing time that the Harrisons did by mid-season and should have been starting in the tournament.
I do agree with you on that one Kentucky should have finished 40-0 that year. I was sick for days after that.

I think that college hoops should change the one and done rule its obvious to the entire NCAA that veteran teams trump one and done so why not change the rules and preserve the game its self at the next level? In football players can't enter the NFL until after 3 years, IMO if that is applied to basketball too, its a win win for everyone & in turn, Kentucky may end up with more championships.
(01-16-2021, 11:26 PM)Spud6 Wrote:

He’s the only one who can shoot and I mean the only one when he shoots it you think it’s going in.

because he is a KY kid.   KY kids play harder for our state.   They understand what it means to us - the fans.   Give me kids that know what our tradition and history stand for and will play for.   The so called 5 star recruits don't give a shit about our history or our tradition.   They are selfish
Lets wake up and smell the roses.... we are what we are this year. No balance, very little defense, weak shooting, and very little knowledge on how to play the game... lost the best assistant coach in the country, one that teaches, and a great listener!!! Can we get better, of course we can, but may not matter.... we may see a great exit by several players... lots of bad PR.... and a Hall of Fame on the verge of leaving.... but for now they are our CATS, and we need to support them.....
no sir. as soon as they took a knee. as soon as they made things about race instead of focusing on playing basketball at the greatest school in the NCAA. And a coach that wears a BLM shirt one day and another wears a shirt that has the twin towers on one side and a cross on the other. Well then they lost that right. They knew what they were getting themselves into when they signed there names on the dotted line to play at UK or the G League. But as soon as they made that choice they deserve nothing accept to shut up and play ball and appreciate where they are and what that represents. They can apologize that is what they can do. Cal can apologize. That is what they they can do OR they can all leave.
(01-17-2021, 04:29 PM)BlueSky Wrote: Lets wake up and smell the roses.... we are what we are this year.  No balance, very little defense, weak shooting, and very little knowledge on how to play the game... lost the best assistant coach in the country, one that teaches, and a great listener!!! Can we get better, of course we can, but may not matter.... we may see a great exit by several players...  lots of bad PR.... and a Hall of Fame on the verge of leaving.... but for now they are our CATS, and we need to support them.....

No thanks
The game has changed massively in the past five years and Cal is coaching/recruiting like it’s still 2013. The game has changed to prioritizing shooting and spacing. You need at least 3 shooters on the court at all times. Cal refuses to recruit pure shooters and then does not play the shooters we do have (Baker, Juzang, and now Allen). His offense has so little movement and is really slow to develop until he changes that it doesn’t really matter what 5 stars we recruit.