Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Do You Feel About the Cats Taking a Knee for the Anthem ?
DISRESPECT!!! I am through until they apologize. Not the right place for such a display....what has our flag done for you and your family and friends.... think about it and I believe you can find more positives...
I personally don't like them kneeling for the anthem as I think there are other ways to show protest. BUT, this is the way they chose to do it as a team. If the whole team agrees to do something then let them do it. Let them speak their minds. I will continue to support the cats even though they are doing something I don't 100% agree with.
Well considering I played for a coach that played alongside Bobby knight and coached liked him I have great respect for hard line coaches. I do like like coaches that are soft. I enjoyed playing for a guy that would grab you by your neck if you stepped out of line. I had more respect for him than anyone. I would have ran through a wall for him, So I have no issue with coach Williams and if I had a so. I would encourage him to play for a man like him. You might actually learn something about yourself.
(01-11-2021, 01:20 PM)mr.fundamental Wrote: I personally care less if they stand or do not. That is on them. They have the right. I am just glad they were playing together and finally shooting the ball better.

Right on.  If they play together and play with passion and determination , I'm a happy camper.
Men and women have died so you can have the right to kneel, but that still does not mean it is not disrespectful.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlueSky's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
(01-11-2021, 11:03 PM)BlueSky Wrote: Men and women have died so you can have the right to kneel, but that still does not mean it is not disrespectful.

Those young African-American ball players apparently feel differently.  Maybe they know more about the history of Key and the anthem than the general population of Cat fans. F.S. Key would have seen Keion Brooks  as being only 3/5  the man of say, John Calipari or Mitch Barnhardt.
Hello everyone, I usually just get on here and read, this is first time posting and prob only time. I am a 16 year Navy SWO Tier 1 operator and I am so disappointed in the university of Kentucky for allowing this to happen. Everyone has their opinion I totally agree to that, that’s why my brothers and sisters of the military did and do what we do, but the American Flag and our National Anthem has nothing to do with what happened at the capital. They represent this great country and our Constitution. Being a tier 1 operator I have seen and done things for our country and freedom that these kids could never imagine. I have lost many close friends that never came home, so it disturbs me that that our university would let them and coach John Cal disrespect those who have sacrificed so much so they can even play a basketball game. I took a oath to defend and protect this country and the constitution and proudly did so, I don’t speak for all but I speak for many and we think Cal needs to get at least a suspension and give a apology for his role in this disrespectful activity. I know a lot of you will prob disagree with what I say here and I respect that, I don’t care if you respect me or not but please respect our flag and country that so many have gave so much defending it for you.
[-] The following 2 users Like GoNavy's post:
  • Hoot Gibson, jetpilot
(01-12-2021, 05:52 PM)GoNavy Wrote: Hello everyone, I usually just get on here and read, this is first time posting and prob only time. I am a 16 year Navy SWO Tier 1 operator and I am so disappointed in the university of Kentucky for allowing this to happen. Everyone has their opinion I totally agree to that, that’s why my brothers and sisters of the military did and do what we do, but the American Flag and our National Anthem has nothing to do with what happened at the capital. They represent this great country and our Constitution. Being a tier 1 operator I have seen and done things for our country and freedom that these kids could never imagine. I have lost many close friends that never came home, so it disturbs me that that our university would let them and coach John Cal disrespect those who have sacrificed so much so they can even play a basketball game. I took a oath to defend and protect this country and the constitution and proudly did so, I don’t speak for all but I speak for many and we think Cal needs to get at least a suspension and give a apology for his role in this disrespectful activity. I know a lot of you will prob disagree with what I say here and I respect that, I don’t care if you respect me or not but please respect our flag and country that so many have gave so much defending it for you.

I respect your words. Thank you for taking the time to write. I just respectfully disagree. I believe these young men are probably men of character who just believe strongly that the country's long history of tolerance for racial injustice disrespects them a hell of a lot more than they disrespect the flag or anthem by kneeling and bowing their heads.
Cats took a knee tonight, AFTER the game started.  

I think me and my arthritic knees could have driven to the basket on the Cats' non-defenders tonight.
Just because they have the right, that does not make it right..
(01-12-2021, 05:52 PM)GoNavy Wrote: Hello everyone, I usually just get on here and read, this is first time posting and prob only time. I am a 16 year Navy SWO Tier 1 operator and I am so disappointed in the university of Kentucky for allowing this to happen. Everyone has their opinion I totally agree to that, that’s why my brothers and sisters of the military did and do what we do, but the American Flag and our National Anthem has nothing to do with what happened at the capital. They represent this great country and our Constitution. Being a tier 1 operator I have seen and done things for our country and freedom that these kids could never imagine. I have lost many close friends that never came home, so it disturbs me that that our university would let them and coach John Cal disrespect those who have sacrificed so much so they can even play a basketball game. I took a oath to defend and protect this country and the constitution and proudly did so, I don’t speak for all but I speak for many and we think Cal needs to get at least a suspension and give a apology for his role in this disrespectful activity. I know a lot of you will prob disagree with what I say here and I respect that, I don’t care if you respect me or not but please respect our flag and country that so many have gave so much defending it for you.
Thank you for your service, sir. I have had the privilege of working as a civilian in a position supporting the Army's active and reserve components for more than 10 years, I could not agree more. What Coach Calipari and many other college coaches are doing is pandering to recruits instead of working to build the character of young men proud to be Americans and eager to become a part of one of the top athletic programs in the country. I want to see Kentucky win but a coach should be able to win without abandoning the principles that made this country great.

Thank you for your service GoNavy!

Please post more often.  Whether or not everyone agrees with you, it's important to share your thoughts and opinions.  I appreciate the respectful way you chose to share yours.
(01-10-2021, 04:18 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: It’s my alma mater too Hoot, and I am proud that we have people in charge of our flagship athletic programs like Cal and Stoops who will let their players stand (or kneel as the case may be) for what they believe. And Spud, I hear you man, but I would be willing to bet that 99% or more of those folks that say they are never watching again never are right back watching as soon as the next game is played.
My alma mater as well and the kneeling disgusts me. These pampered sissies have no clue the sacrifices families make to pay their way there. Not to mention they can't play a lick. And I like Cal but I've had enough of him for ten verrrrry long lifetimes.
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Hoot Gibson, WideRight05