Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County Head Coaching Search
They need to go to Danville and bring a coach back with them Smile
Give Clay a job and let him help build this program Smile
(02-15-2021, 01:42 AM)pjdoug Wrote: Give Clay a  job and let him help build this program Smile
He’s doing to be the DC at Boyle
(02-15-2021, 01:02 PM)UCfan1 Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 01:42 AM)pjdoug Wrote: Give Clay a  job and let him help build this program Smile

of course he's going to be.
Wow didn’t see that coming
(02-15-2021, 10:28 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
You can tell I don't make the decisions, or I'd be trying to bring this young man back to Williamsburg.
(02-16-2021, 01:23 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
You can tell I don't make the decisions, or I'd be trying to bring this young man back to Williamsburg.

The administration needs cleaned out and some new people brought in to clean up all the nepotism.  Facilities aren’t great but they aren’t bad either, definitely the wherewithal to have a very competitive program
(02-16-2021, 12:08 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

The administration needs cleaned out and some new people brought in to clean up all the nepotism.  Facilities aren’t great but they aren’t bad either, definitely the wherewithal to have a very competitive program
it has been cleaned out hasn't it? What's wrong with the facilities besides not having  fancy locker rooms and indoor practice facility?
(02-16-2021, 09:24 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 01:02 PM)UCfan1 Wrote: He’s doing to be the DC at Boyle

it has been cleaned out hasn't it? What's wrong with the facilities besides not having  fancy locker rooms and indoor practice facility?

Facilities are nice, how they are ran not so much. Pj wants a indoor training facility, use your baseball fields all summer by hosting travel baseball tournaments to pay for it. Easy enough. Now build a football field house, next summer do the same thing, baseball tournaments with Whitley facilities could pay for everything in a couple years time. Then each team has there own, problem is administration won’t support it, so they have all these nice fields, but no place to get them ready for them.
(02-15-2021, 01:02 PM)UCfan1 Wrote: He’s doing to be the DC at Boyle

You don’t really believe that do you?  Nothing is wrong with the facilities besides the an indoor practice facility or fancy locker rooms but that just so happens to be what kids these days wanna see, plus fancy uniforms and a feeling that they can compete and win.  A coach that can convince kids that they can win will win football games.  With the bingo money a lot of the facility issues should be automatic, that is if the money is actually being used as intended  Wink
(02-17-2021, 11:20 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 10:28 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: Wow didn’t see that coming

You don’t really believe that do you?  Nothing is wrong with the facilities besides the an indoor practice facility or fancy locker rooms but that just so happens to be what kids these days wanna see, plus fancy uniforms and a feeling that they can compete and win.  A coach that can convince kids that they can win will win football games.  With the bingo money a lot of the facility issues should be automatic, that is if the money is actually being used as intended  Wink

Lots of new faces in administration in past few years. I didn't search each person's family tree  Smile . I didn't say there is nothing wrong. I asked a question and asked what is wrong with facilities. fancy uniforms are not facilities. I see lots of championships won without neon jerseys. I was asking what they need besides good coaching. I wished for them to get a coach such as a Danville coach that can use bingo and other things to build the program. I can't figure out how to get on hiring committee to bring in the top coaches and improve the facilities.
(02-16-2021, 09:51 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 10:28 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: Wow didn’t see that coming

Facilities are nice, how they are ran not so much.  Pj wants a indoor training facility, use your baseball fields all summer by hosting travel baseball tournaments to pay for it.  Easy enough.  Now build a football field house, next summer do the same thing, baseball tournaments with Whitley facilities could pay for everything in a couple years time.  Then each team has there own, problem is administration won’t support it, so they have all these nice fields, but no place to get them ready for them.
I want a top notch coach in full control and give him the facilities and what it takes to win and stay out of his way and let him build the program. I know what it takes to win, but the people that have been in control don't seem to want the same things that  I do .
(02-18-2021, 02:29 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(02-16-2021, 01:23 AM)pjdoug Wrote: You can tell I don't make the decisions, or I'd be trying to bring this young man back to Williamsburg.

Facilities are nice, how they are ran not so much.  Pj wants a indoor training facility, use your baseball fields all summer by hosting travel baseball tournaments to pay for it.  Easy enough.  Now build a football field house, next summer do the same thing, baseball tournaments with Whitley facilities could pay for everything in a couple years time.  Then each team has there own, problem is administration won’t support it, so they have all these nice fields, but no place to get them ready for them.
I want a top notch coach in full control and give him the facilities and what it takes to win and stay out of his way and let him build the program. I know what it takes to win, but the people that have been in control don't seem to want the same things that  I do .

I wish that for you pj. Coaches will have there hands tied till they hire one that doesn’t have to abide by their “ways”. If I was ad there I would host travel baseball tournaments every weekend, free labor from baseball team. You all can host ages 17-7 eight teams per age group, 400 per team, could clear 15k per weekend plus concessions . Use that money to build field houses, and whatever so bingo money supports the teams. I just don’t understand why they don’t use those 6 fields in the summer to make money.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bossdaddy 4115's post:
  • pjdoug
They probably would’ve been able to land a more seasoned coach had they not made it clear their hands were gonna be tied from the start..
(02-18-2021, 03:49 AM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 02:29 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(02-16-2021, 12:08 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: The administration needs cleaned out and some new people brought in to clean up all the nepotism.  Facilities aren’t great but they aren’t bad either, definitely the wherewithal to have a very competitive program

I wish that for you pj.  Coaches will have there hands tied till they hire one that doesn’t have to abide by their “ways”.  If I was ad there I would host travel baseball tournaments every weekend, free labor from baseball team.  You all can host ages 17-7 eight teams per age group, 400 per team, could clear 15k per weekend plus concessions . Use that money to build field houses, and whatever so bingo money supports the teams.  I just don’t understand why they don’t use those 6 fields in the summer to make money.
I think that's a good idea. I think they should do that and go get that young coach that knows how to take care of business. How can we get them to listen? lol
(02-18-2021, 11:05 AM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: They probably would’ve been able to land a more seasoned coach had they not made it clear their hands were gonna be tied from the start..

Why are their hands tied?
(02-18-2021, 11:52 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 11:05 AM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: They probably would’ve been able to land a more seasoned coach had they not made it clear their hands were gonna be tied from the start..

Why are their hands tied?

Being told which assistants to hire and not hire, being told what kind of scheme to run. All this coming from people who’s never played the game before, just in positions of power.
I’m pretty sure the plans are in place to build a big field house.  I think construction begins this spring.
(02-18-2021, 01:08 PM)OldColonel Wrote: I’m pretty sure the plans are in place to build a big field house.  I think construction begins this spring.
50 yards with fancy locker rooms and turf? Smile
(02-18-2021, 01:34 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 01:08 PM)OldColonel Wrote: I’m pretty sure the plans are in place to build a big field house.  I think construction begins this spring.
50 yards with fancy locker rooms and turf? Smile
I haven’t seen the plans but that sounds good.
(02-18-2021, 02:25 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(02-16-2021, 01:23 AM)pjdoug Wrote: You can tell I don't make the decisions, or I'd be trying to bring this young man back to Williamsburg.

Lots of new faces in administration in past few years. I didn't search each person's family tree  Smile . I didn't say there is nothing wrong. I asked a question and asked what is wrong with facilities. fancy uniforms are not facilities. I see lots of championships won without neon jerseys. I was asking what they need besides good coaching. I wished for them to get a coach such as a Danville coach that can use bingo and other things to build the program. I can't figure out how to get on hiring committee to bring in the top coaches and improve the facilities.

I hate to break it to you but the neon uniforms are fancy nowadays (yeah I know) but it’s kinda of like the orange cars, kids think they’re cool or whatever.  Coaches of Clevengers caliber want to see a commitment from the administration, such as newer facilities, equipment, and ability to hire who they want and they don’t want to be told the plays they need to run and the players they’re gonna play.  This new coach maybe Whitley’s huckleberry, I hope he is but from what I’ve been hearing it’s the same ole song and dance, it was paused for a minute while Irwin was there but started back right before he left.  Good luck your commitment to your team is inspiring wish you all well.

Hope so for the kids, they deserve it
(02-19-2021, 04:57 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(02-16-2021, 12:08 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: The administration needs cleaned out and some new people brought in to clean up all the nepotism.  Facilities aren’t great but they aren’t bad either, definitely the wherewithal to have a very competitive program

I hate to break it to you but the neon uniforms are fancy nowadays (yeah I know) but it’s kinda of like the orange cars, kids think they’re cool or whatever.  Coaches of Clevengers caliber want to see a commitment from the administration, such as newer facilities, equipment, and ability to hire who they want and they don’t want to be told the plays they need to run and the players they’re gonna play.  This new coach maybe Whitley’s huckleberry, I hope he is but from what I’ve been hearing it’s the same ole song and dance, it was paused for a minute while Irwin was there but started back right before he left.  Good luck your commitment to your team is inspiring wish you all well.

I want them to want to hire a coach that won't put up with crap. I want them to improve the facilities and stay out of the way. I want the best for the kids and know they can have a program to be proud of if taught properly. Who else besides me want this? How can it be turned around? I know you can't keep doing the same things and expect a different result.
(02-20-2021, 12:19 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(02-16-2021, 09:24 PM)pjdoug Wrote: it has been cleaned out hasn't it? What's wrong with the facilities besides not having  fancy locker rooms and indoor practice facility?

I want them to want to hire a coach that won't put up with crap. I want them to improve the facilities and stay out of the way. I want the best for the kids and know they can have a program to be proud of if taught properly. Who else besides me want this? How can it be turned around? I know you can't keep doing the same things and expect a different result.

If they hired a coach that didn’t put up with their crap they’d run him off or fire him in a year.  The only way it could possibly change is with the school board, brand new faces who are committed to changing not just the administration but the culture.  I wish you the best of luck I cheer for the colonels in every game but one
(02-21-2021, 04:16 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(02-20-2021, 12:19 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 11:20 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: You don’t really believe that do you?  Nothing is wrong with the facilities besides the an indoor practice facility or fancy locker rooms but that just so happens to be what kids these days wanna see, plus fancy uniforms and a feeling that they can compete and win.  A coach that can convince kids that they can win will win football games.  With the bingo money a lot of the facility issues should be automatic, that is if the money is actually being used as intended  Wink

If they hired a coach that didn’t put up with their crap they’d run him off or fire him in a year.  The only way it could possibly change is with the school board, brand new faces who are committed to changing not just the administration but the culture.  I wish you the best of luck I cheer for the colonels in every game but one

I can't believe a non-player, pretend to be fan hasn't attempted to insult me for giving my opinion. lol... I know the board has at least a couple sports fans on it, and the superintendent was a good basketball player.seems like they'd love a top notch football program for the community Smile
still no updates?
eff u jobu. lol
(02-24-2021, 11:37 PM)pjdoug Wrote: still no updates?
From what I’m hearing, still no new coaches have been hired.
MURPHY HAGEN

newest addition carrolton, ga by way of university of the cumberlands.
Hes close to eire and jewell, played dline with coach brandon lawson befor e being a grad assistant.
Heard they're up to three confirmed coaches now. Eire, Jewell, and Hagen.
(03-02-2021, 11:07 AM)KEEPITREAL Wrote: MURPHY HAGEN

newest addition carrolton, ga by way of university of the cumberlands.
Hes close to eire and jewell, played dline with coach brandon lawson befor e being a grad assistant.
Is he going to be a coordinator or a position coach?