Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Holcomb to Madison Central
Long time Breathitt County coach Mike Holcomb is expected to be named Madison Central head coach later this week. Per WBON TV Richmond's very own news station.
That's a huge hire for the Indians.
Been looking for a 6A team for 50yrs , Congratulations Coach Mike Holcomb and my friend.
Congrats to Coach Holcomb!
Congratulations Mike. Home Run hire for Madison Central.
Yes it is.
Kind of reminds me of Ed Miracle going to Madison Central in the 70s after winning four state titles with Lynch.
Holcomb is a great football coach and Madison Central is a school with a lot of potential.

Wish him the best of luck!
Great Hire for Madison Central lots of Athletes!!
Congrats to Coach Holcomb! Great coach and man
Who his assistant is will be just as important as him being hired. A head man is only as good as the people who are around him. It’s never a one man show.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Congratulations to Coach Holcomb. Good luck in your next step in your career. If anyone can take the program to the next level, he is the man.
Great hire. Holcomb is one of the most talented coaches in the state. Very few coaches are willing to completely change their offense to suit the talent available. You never knew from year to year if Breathitt would be a 5 wide or a wishbone team, yet they were always competitive. Excellent hire.
Wow, didn’t see this
Holcomb is a living legend, if the kids buy into his culture & the way he does things. Madison Central could very well be a very very good program out of the blue. The talent pool out yonder is wide open. Good luck coach!
Has anyone heard who Coach Holcomb brought with him for his staff?
(12-15-2020, 07:06 PM)Westside Wrote: That's a huge hire for the Indians.

it wont take them long to be contenders if he sticks around.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Westside
Where is John Paul Chapman at? Figured hed be helping Coach Halcomb.
Holcomb is a great coach, but it often doesn't work out as well at a different school. I don't think Miracle had any major success there after winning four state titles at Lynch. Holcomb didn't win at the same level at Letcher. The potential is there, but it's far from automatic.
(01-22-2021, 03:20 PM)HCS Wrote: Holcomb is a great coach, but it often doesn't work out as well at a different school. I don't think Miracle had any major success there after winning four state titles at Lynch. Holcomb didn't win at the same level at Letcher. The potential is there, but it's far from automatic.

Nothing against Letcher I think they definitely have talent coming up but Madison Central has some major talent coming up and Holcomb’s gonna pull some kids...Will they compete in 6A? I wouldn’t bet against him guy knows how to win.
Former Belfry grad Corey Chapman, Class of 2007, is the strength/conditioning coach and will be a position coach on D.

He’s been on Madison Southers’s staff the past couple of years.
This guy is a traveling sales man. Hasn’t he been a little bit of everywhere as of lately
no