Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County @ Belfry 11/27 (CANCELLED)
Lawrence County is not making it in this game. So does this mean Pike County Central is stepping in for this game?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(11-22-2020, 05:01 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Lawrence County is not making it in this game. So does this mean Pike County Central is stepping in for this game?
From what I have gathered it will be counted as a 2nd Round BYE for Belfry and they advance to the 3rd Round.
(11-22-2020, 05:01 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Lawrence County is not making it in this game. So does this mean Pike County Central is stepping in for this game?

That is how it was explained to me.  If that is indeed the way it works, would Pike Central want to play this game?  Also does Pike Central have to quarantine now as well?
So I got clarification. The replacement teams are only for the semi-finals and finals. So belfry will get a bye.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
What are the reporting protocols and such?  There have been several players on several teams that are in contention that have tweeted they have had it and it has not been reported because the teams have not had to quarantine.  Hate this for the kids but respect those in charge for having the balls to report it knowing the consequences.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

(11-22-2020, 06:15 PM)CovidSucks Wrote: What are the reporting protocols and such?  There have been several players on several teams that are in contention that have tweeted they have had it and it has not been reported because the teams have not had to quarantine.  Hate this for the kids but respect those in charge for having the balls to report it knowing the consequences.

I know at Betsy Layne. We had a staff member on the sideline test positive days after the game. So that put us in quarantine for two weeks. I don’t know what they official protocol is though as far as if someone tests positive on the team what has to be done.
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Poseidon
(11-22-2020, 05:08 PM)Spud6 Wrote: So I got clarification. The replacement teams are only for the semi-finals and finals. So belfry will get a bye.
Yes this is correct. I watched that whole boring board meeting. No defeated teams will take the place of a drop out until semis and title
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Spud6
Running clock in 1Q at the 9 minute marked. Write it down!!!!!

Belfry 64
Bye Week 00
Just an ugly result.

Your heart breaks for the LC Seniors who do not get the chance to finish their season on their terms.

You heart breaks for the parents of those Seniors who get the closure and opportunity to hug their kids after the game for the last time.

I don't think anyone expected LC to beat Belfry, but Belfry really needed this game after not playing three weeks and facing a Magoffin team who we can bluntly say was awful at tackling. Lawrence was at least going to make Belfry work and break a sweat, now it will essentially be 5 weeks since the Pirates last had a team compete with them physically.
so Belfry Gets Winner of Ashland/Russell--i take it will be Ashland,so where would that gane be played?
Belfry will host the winner of Bell County vs Rockcastle County
thats not what it shows on the 2020 Class 3A 2020 UK Orthopaedics/KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl Brackets,but ok
My son plays for Belfry and that’s what he told me unless something has changed
(11-25-2020, 01:40 AM)cuppett777 Wrote: thats not what it shows on the 2020 Class 3A 2020 UK Orthopaedics/KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl Brackets,but ok
The bracket is just shown in numerical order District 1-8 for all classes.

Remember the RPI is in effect so for Round 3 each Semi-State will seed the District Champions 1-4 based off their end of season RPI.

The winner of Ashland vs. Russell is guaranteed the 1 seed as they both have higher RPI's than Belfry. Belfry is guaranteed the 2-seed which means they will play the 3-seed which is guaranteed to be either Bell or Rockcastle since they have the next two best RPI scores. The winner of Fleming County and Pendleton County will travel to Ashland/Russell.

Once Round 3 commences, the remaining four teams in the Semi-State will then be re-seeded 1-4 for the Semi-Finals regardless if they are East or West. There is no scenario where Belfry would host a playoff game. They will be on the road somewhere in Round 4, but way too many variables at this time to know where.
After taking a glance at the bracket, it appears that if Belfry is still alive in round 4 that the Mercer County/CAL game that is played this Friday would play a big factor in where Belfry plays at round 4. Belfry is ranked behind Mercer County in RPI but ahead of CAL. Mercer beat CAL 31-28 earlier in the season. Barring any unexpected major upsets, Belfry will be AWAY round 4. If Mercer County beats Cal then Belfry will probably travel to Elizabethtown round 4 and Mercer County will go to Ashland but if CAL wins then Belfry will most likely travel to Putnam Stadium for round 4 and Elizabethtown will host CAL. This would change though if there is any upsets such as Bardstown beating Elizabethtown Friday night but I don't see that happening.
The funny thing is positive test have ended several teams season but not other teams season. That is what I find extremely unfair to the kids that have had their season ended to Covid.
[-] The following 1 user Likes IntheZone's post:
  • Poseidon
(11-25-2020, 04:34 PM)IntheZone Wrote: The funny thing is positive test have ended several teams season but not other teams season. That is what I find extremely unfair to the kids that have had their season ended to Covid.

And for the most part the competitors for a title have stayed out of having to quarantine.  Its the teams they were scheduled to play, ect... that forfeit and such. It is a shame that the kids are going through what they are as far as sports and Covid, but its also not fair for some programs to be playing while having known Covid cases on their team just because they will not report it because they want to play a "game."
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Now this is the thing that gets me. Everyone across Kentucky's counties health department's do the whole process completely different. Here in Floyd we had a person on the sideline who wasn't even a coach test positive but they shut our entire team down for two weeks. But I've seen other counties do absolutely nothing about an exposure like this or something even more serious.
#BBFL
(11-24-2020, 12:22 AM)Belfry fan 75 Wrote: Belfry will host the winner of Bell County vs Rockcastle County

(11-25-2020, 10:06 AM)EKUAlum05 Wrote:
(11-25-2020, 01:40 AM)cuppett777 Wrote: thats not what it shows on the 2020 Class 3A 2020 UK Orthopaedics/KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl Brackets,but ok
The bracket is just shown in numerical order District 1-8 for all classes.

Remember the RPI is in effect so for Round 3 each Semi-State will seed the District Champions 1-4 based off their end of season RPI.

The winner of Ashland vs. Russell is guaranteed the 1 seed as they both have higher RPI's than Belfry. Belfry is guaranteed the 2-seed which means they will play the 3-seed which is guaranteed to be either Bell or Rockcastle since they have the next two best RPI scores. The winner of  Fleming County and Pendleton County will travel to Ashland/Russell.

Once Round 3 commences, the remaining four teams in the Semi-State will then be re-seeded 1-4 for the Semi-Finals regardless if they are East or West. There is no scenario where Belfry would host a playoff game. They will be on the road somewhere in Round 4, but way too many variables at this time to know where.
I forgot about the RPI, and was just looking at it like regular normal bracket