Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 43 Wayne County 06
Final.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Hound05
Way to go Hounds!
Congrats to Hounds
Defense lights out. Offense catching fire. Very Proud of these boys. Go Redhounds.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Hound05
(10-24-2020, 12:00 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Defense lights out. Offense catching fire. Very Proud of these boys. Go Redhounds.

(10-24-2020, 12:00 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Defense lights out. Offense catching fire. Very Proud of these boys. Go Redhounds.

Offense started out suspect until it finally opened up, somebody needs to quit trying to play it so conservative and just go with it, way to many horses to try and keep them in a stall
[-] The following 3 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!, Hound05
Mediocre first half. Pretty good 2nd. But these boys better not let it go their head. A dynamic player like Sloan changes up a lot of situations. Now I still think we would have won. But dynamics will change when he’s present.

Defensively I thought we played good, not great, but good with room for improving. We left a couple WR’s in space that need tightening up, and some stupid penalties. Overall all though, it was almost like last week, bend don’t break but on a whole much better level. We had some good interceptions, got through the line and made some sacks.

Offense. First half was mehhh. But we did enough to get up to a comfortable lead, thanks in part to the defense. The play calling was a lot better this week than last week. But there were still a couple head scratchers, and that wasn’t just me, even in the stands people were kind of wondering. But general sentiment, much better than last week. We spread it around and got people involved! And you see the result of that. We have to many weapons to just give it mills on runs all night (not knocking him! Because he’s ran good, but that statement was in reference to last week). We also built confidence by spreading it around. Look, D. Patterson is a weapon down field, but he don’t have the speed to do a WR reverse, I hope they realize that now. He does need to work on getting separation from the DB when the ball is close, because he’s not gonna out run many DB’s. He needs to use his size and talent to get it. But he had a good game for the most part. As did mills, Wells, combs, Botner, etc. to many to mention. Our line did very good as well, especially run blocking. There was a couple pass plays they let the pocket collapse or people came through untouched. But that can be fixed and worked on. All and all good job.

Special teams- great job outside of the blocked kicked. Or looked like it was. Baker is the unsung hero of the past couple games. He kept them pinned in their own territory and gave us the field advantage!! We returned a kick after the break, almost blocked some punts, i could go on and on. They will be key in our next matchup so keep up the great work.

I’d still like to see some different looks passing the ball. Either we are keeping our playbook tight for the playoffs, or this is just Elams extent. Which I think most would be disappointed. But I think we’ll see some more looks when the playoff start. He was a head coach at the NAIA level so surely we can do more than rocket screens, come backs, and posts. I HOPE!!!

I haven’t seen it, and probably won’t, but a friend called at halftime to see when we are gonna start, and he was very complimentary about the FREE live stream WC broadcasts. So thanks to you guys for doing so for the people who couldn’t make it, or weren’t allowed to make it I guess.

I’m gonna get dry (forgot the umbrella) and look forward to next week at the Briarpatch. Should be a good one if we show up!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!
(10-24-2020, 12:31 AM)Hound05 Wrote: Mediocre first half. Pretty good 2nd. But these boys better not let it go their head. A dynamic player like Sloan changes up a lot of situations. Now I still think we would have won. But dynamics will change when he’s present.

Defensively I thought we played good, not great, but good with room for improving. We left a couple WR’s in space that need tightening up, and some stupid penalties. Overall all though, it was almost like last week, bend don’t break but on a whole much better level. We had some good interceptions, got through the line and made some sacks.

Offense. First half was mehhh. But we did enough to get up to a comfortable lead, thanks in part to the defense. The play calling was a lot better this week than last week. But there were still a couple head scratchers, and that wasn’t just me, even in the stands people were kind of wondering. But general sentiment, much better than last week. We spread it around and got people involved! And you see the result of that. We have to many weapons to just give it mills on runs all night (not knocking him! Because he’s ran good, but that statement was in reference to last week). We also built confidence by spreading it around. Look, D. Patterson is a weapon down field, but he don’t have the speed to do a WR reverse, I hope they realize that now. He does need to work on getting separation from the DB when the ball is close, because he’s not gonna out run many DB’s. He needs to use his size and talent to get it. But he had a good game for the most part. As did mills, Wells, combs, Botner, etc. to many to mention. Our line did very good as well, especially run blocking. There was a couple pass plays they let the pocket collapse or people came through untouched. But that can be fixed and worked on. All and all good job.

Special teams- great job outside of the blocked kicked. Or looked like it was. Baker is the unsung hero of the past couple games. He kept them pinned in their own territory and gave us the field advantage!! We returned a kick after the break, almost blocked some punts, i could go on and on. They will be key in our next matchup so keep up the great work.

I’d still like to see some different looks passing the ball. Either we are keeping our playbook tight for the playoffs, or this is just Elams extent. Which I think most would be disappointed. But I think we’ll see some more looks when the playoff start. He was a head coach at the NAIA level so surely we can do more than rocket screens, come backs, and posts. I HOPE!!!

I haven’t seen it, and probably won’t, but a friend called at halftime to see when we are gonna start, and he was very complimentary about the FREE live stream WC broadcasts. So thanks to you guys for doing so for the people who couldn’t make it, or weren’t allowed to make it I guess.

I’m gonna get dry (forgot the umbrella) and look forward to next week at the Briarpatch. Should be a good one if we show up!!

You’ll be hard pressed to find a bigger Corbin goober than me, so it pains me to say this especially after the win tonight but if our kids don’t find each other and some coaches don’t bring their play book, next Friday night could be a long one for the Hounds!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
(10-24-2020, 02:11 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(10-24-2020, 12:31 AM)Hound05 Wrote: Mediocre first half. Pretty good 2nd. But these boys better not let it go their head. A dynamic player like Sloan changes up a lot of situations. Now I still think we would have won. But dynamics will change when he’s present.

You’ll be hard pressed to find a bigger Corbin goober than me, so it pains me to say this especially after the win tonight but if our kids don’t find each other and some coaches don’t bring their play book, next Friday night could be a long one for the Hounds!!!
I know. I know. Some of these kids don’t seem to play for each other right now or the C on their helmet. But they our strongest groups are Jr, So, and fresh so they can mature very quickly if THEY want too!! Now the coaches, I have no excuse other than they might be sandbagging, and I hope to the lord above they are! Haha. Especially offensively. 

I know I’ve been hard on these kids. But watching practice and knowing them personally, I know they can be so much better than what they are. Most people wouldn’t complain about a running clock on a top 10 team in their class, but it’s the way they are playing is what I look at. We’ve seen glimpses of it, but not a full game.
  • Bull got out!

Somerset is banged up enough that I doubt that you'll see their quarterback,  best wide receiver or several other starters.   It looks like the Hounds will get to play teams missing their best players in back to back weeks.
No mention of Longmire. Is he the forgotten man on offense?
(10-24-2020, 11:25 AM)E's Army Wrote: No mention of Longmire. Is he the forgotten man on offense?

He exploded for a huge TD last night around 40 or 50 yards. Defensively, he is all over the field. He caught passes for nice yardage. Looked fine to me.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • HighViz, TD Hounds
(10-24-2020, 11:25 AM)E's Army Wrote: No mention of Longmire. Is he the forgotten man on offense?

He’s been moved more to a receiver role from what I can tell, which I think suites him more. Kid is very talented but for whatever reason he’s struggled coming out of the backfield. He had a couple catches last night maybe even a TD but there’s so much talent I don’t think you’ll see one kid having video game numbers if that’s what your looking for.
(10-24-2020, 11:17 AM)Walt Longmire Wrote:

Somerset is banged up enough that I doubt that you'll see their quarterback,  best wide receiver or several other starters.   It looks like the Hounds will get to play teams missing their best players in back to back weeks.

Get those Somerset boys healthy and win that District. Sloan could have played but there making sure he is ready to go. Corbin won’t get any respect this year till we beat a Boyle County team or a Johnson Central type team anyways.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Hound05
We never do! But that’s fine with me. Our competition is a little better than what JC has faced IMO. Boyle, I’m undecided. They have some big names on their, but it’s just names, not what they were in the past, but the other names on there are horrible. So it could be debated either way. I just want the RPI.
  • Bull got out!
If Sloan played last night this game would have been whoever had the ball last.
(10-24-2020, 07:35 PM)smoke1015 Wrote: If Sloan played last night this game would have been whoever had the ball last.

I hope he does play, if they make it back to us. No excuses. I’d rather beat the best with the best. I like Sloan.
(10-24-2020, 07:35 PM)smoke1015 Wrote: If Sloan played last night this game would have been whoever had the ball last.

It was a running clock in the 3rd quarter, Sloan is no doubt a unbelievable athlete but he don’t play defense, what your trying to say is a stretch.
Smoke I always value your opinion. But I’ll have to disagree with you on this one. I admit the dynamic of the game would have changed. But, I don’t think it would have been enough to make your statement true. In all honesty it could have been worse. Our offense went run heavy to kill the clock after we ran it back for a TD to open up the half. Then we took our 1’s out. But we can debate it all night, I’d say more than likely we Will see that situation play out in a few weeks.
(10-24-2020, 10:56 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
Smoke I always value your opinion. But I’ll have to disagree with you on this one. I admit the dynamic of the game would have changed. But, I don’t think it would have been enough to make your statement true. In all honesty it could have been worse. Our offense went run heavy to kill the clock after we ran it back for a TD to open up the half. Then we took our 1’s out. But we can debate it all night, I’d say more than likely we Will see that situation play out in a few weeks.

It’s exactly the reason I wanted to see Sloan play, it gives people like him something to try and hang their hat on. Still waiting on the glorious day he promised all of us a couple years ago when he was gonna say exactly what was on his mind.

New defensive team 2020 in Corbin Smoke1050. I promise they are loaded on the defensive side.
I love how you guys can go from undecided and won’t make a prediction, depends on which coaching staff/team shows up. To, we aren’t gonna get respect till we play JC and Boyle. That’s foolish talk. Either of those teams would put a running clock on us. Our offense is terrible. Our defense is ok, but not great. You can’t thump your chest when you play Wayne without Sloan. What about the better teams we were supposed to play and didn’t.
(10-25-2020, 11:12 AM)HighViz Wrote: I love how you guys can go from undecided and won’t make a prediction, depends on which coaching staff/team shows up. To, we aren’t gonna get respect till we play JC and Boyle. That’s foolish talk. Either of those teams would put a running clock on us. Our offense is terrible. Our defense is ok, but not great. You can’t thump your chest when you play Wayne without Sloan. What about the better teams we were supposed to play and didn’t.

There is no “We” or “Us” with you and me, I didn’t become Corbin over a particular coaching staff and I don’t quit when they leave. Kick rocks and leave the rest of us to our Redhound ways!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Hound05, Single Wing 77
(10-25-2020, 01:09 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(10-25-2020, 11:12 AM)HighViz Wrote: I love how you guys can go from undecided and won’t make a prediction, depends on which coaching staff/team shows up. To, we aren’t gonna get respect till we play JC and Boyle. That’s foolish talk. Either of those teams would put a running clock on us. Our offense is terrible. Our defense is ok, but not great. You can’t thump your chest when you play Wayne without Sloan.  What about the better teams we were supposed to play and didn’t.

There is no “We” or “Us” with you and me, I didn’t become Corbin over a particular coaching staff and I don’t quit when they leave.  Kick rocks and leave the rest of us to our Redhound ways!!!
His logic don’t even make sense. Well heck yea it depends on which team/coaching shows up. Everyone that’s seen them play can OBJECTIVELY say that we can be a top team when we want to be. And the same people can say we can get knocked out early if they show up like a Jv team. So it might not make sense to you, but those with a football sense can def understand it. No team is going to put a running clock on us in 4A. And I don’t want any respect. They didn’t respect us in 2017 or 2018. We made it to the title both years and knocked out the defending state champs in the process.
[-] The following 3 users Like Hound05's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115, Bull got out!, TD Hounds