Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Danville 28 Wayne County 24
I haven't heard much on Danville this year. But I know that the young man at tailback in Wayne is almost impossible to stop. To hold Wayne to only 24 (or whatever the final was is impressive). Danville seems to be on the upswing from last year's somewhat down season, or the last couple of somewhat down seasons (for them). "Title Town" may be back in business sooner than I would have thought?
What was the score?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(09-26-2020, 02:41 AM)smoke1015 Wrote: I haven't heard much on Danville this year. But I know that the young man at tailback in Wayne is almost impossible to stop. To hold Wayne to only 24 (or whatever the final was is impressive). Danville seems to be on the upswing from last year's somewhat down season, or the last couple of somewhat down seasons (for them). "Title Town" may be back in business sooner than I would have thought?
 The final score was 28-24 Danville. The ADS looked better than Wayne in the second half but the first half was a struggle. Danville’s first possession was a turnover on downs after clevenger tried a fake punt. Thought it was gonna be a long game from there but the ADS fought back from a 13 point deficit to get the win. Danville will be competitive this year but they are still a ways out from showing us their true potential in my opinion. Sloan is a beast but he seemed to be Wayne’s only option that was consistent and they’re play calling became predictable. It Was a great game! I’m just glad to have high school football back!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Elite Eagle's post:
  • smoke1015
Congrats ADS!
Congratulations to Danville
Congratulations to Danville!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • smoke1015
(09-26-2020, 09:41 AM)Elite Eagle Wrote:
(09-26-2020, 02:41 AM)smoke1015 Wrote: I haven't heard much on Danville this year. But I know that the young man at tailback in Wayne is almost impossible to stop. To hold Wayne to only 24 (or whatever the final was is impressive). Danville seems to be on the upswing from last year's somewhat down season, or the last couple of somewhat down seasons (for them). "Title Town" may be back in business sooner than I would have thought?
 The final score was 28-24 Danville. The ADS looked better than Wayne in the second half but the first half was a struggle. Danville’s first possession was a turnover on downs after clevenger tried a fake punt. Thought it was gonna be a long game from there but the ADS fought back from a 13 point deficit to get the win. Danville will be competitive this year but they are still a ways out from showing us their true potential in my opinion. Sloan is a beast but he seemed to be Wayne’s only option that was consistent and they’re play calling became predictable. It Was a great game! I’m just glad to have high school football back!
I would have loved to have watched that. I think the guys that have spent years traveling and supporting high-school ball should get some kind of Corona-pass. Lol. I mean I'll strap on a N95 and suffer through no breath if I can get in some of these games. I'm a big fan of Sloan, a big fan of the Ads, and a big fan of Coach Thompson at Wayne as well, as well as Danville. Just a lot of class right there, in my opinion.

(09-26-2020, 09:41 AM)Elite Eagle Wrote:
Jack Lambert  did I ever tell you the time we beat Boyle county in youth league? :-)

Sorry I quoted myself, lol.
[-] The following 1 user Likes smoke1015's post:
  • Hatz
Wayne other then Sloan isn't the Wayne of the past right now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes foozeball80's post:
  • smoke1015
(09-27-2020, 06:03 PM)foozeball80 Wrote: Wayne other then Sloan isn't the Wayne of the past right now.
Oh I know. A few years ago Wayne had one of the better QB's 4A and under, and had a receiving core that was crazy. Their defensive line was quick and super strong. IMO, they were going to win a state title until running into Belfry. They were still overall good, and have been solid the past few years. And now, they aren't the "same Wayne", but Sloan may be the best player (arguably) they've ever had. I have seen him beat good teams, and have good yardage against the best teams. The other player I remember who did this in smaller schools, recently, was Waynedale Robinson a few years ago. He single handedly kept his squad in a game with Boyle, until he just didn't have any energy left. I don't think Sloan is that gifted with speed, as Robinson was, but he's stronger, and he runs through tackles a little better. Wayne has had a pretty good run, and WAAAYYYY better than they used to be. Wayne has been a program that has gotten better in recent years, since maybe 2012 or 13, something like that. I remember when they struggled to beat anyone, just like my team. Coach Thompson has turned them around, along with some good players.