Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset 41 Russellville 9
Somerset with the win on the road.
Long drive. Nice win for Bunnies ?
Nice win? Well..it was a sloppy win.

It was 12-6 and then a couple turnovers and scores for Somerset blew it out to 34-6. Scoreless third for both teams.

This Somerset team has its problems they’ll need to correct before the district starts. Gonna have to get it right before Hazard and then on to face Danville.
[-] The following 1 user Likes CowboyDad's post:
  • Deuce8
(09-26-2020, 12:41 AM)CowboyDad Wrote: Nice win? Well..it was a sloppy win.

It was 12-6 and then a couple turnovers and scores for Somerset blew it out to 34-6. Scoreless third for both teams.

This Somerset team has its problems they’ll need to correct before the district starts. Gonna have to get it right before Hazard and then on to face Danville.
Yes ... you’re absolutely right Somerset played terrible ... if they play like that against LCA they might get a clock put  on them . By far the sloppiest game I’ve seen in years !! Bad all around ....
It was very sloppy, but also that 3rd qter should of been a embarrassment for officials. If you don't know the rules of the game don't officiate. When both sides are screaming let them play, kids were fed up both sides all momentum was lost by both sides, fans on both sides frustrated. Also how can the KHSAA aloud Russellville to use a field were 20 percent of the endzone is straight uphill and completely unsafe. Either way a sloppy win, but that 3rd qter killed that game. I'm just glad we won one, know one was hurt, and still not sitting in Russellville in the thrid quarter. Lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes foozeball80's post:
  • Deuce8
I worry about this team. It's not just the penalties or the mistakes, it's their demeanor. It just seems like they don't have the excitement or the fire that the 2019 team had. No celebrating or congratulating each other for big plays, almost like they are just going through the motions at this point. Maybe they are just lethargic from the off-season still, but they'll need to snap themselves out of it because it hasn't been hard to notice that there are other players in the 2A title race, two of them in our own district.

Nothing to discredit Russellville's effort though. They're trending in the right direction and have some nice looking kids. Hopefully them and Crittenden can add some spark in the Western half of 1A this season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoShamBo's post:
  • Deuce8
By what I see I agree, but not so much the seniors more the underclassmen. They've got to get more serious. But I do know that these seniors have never been over flashy with celebrations as far as I can remember. So I wouldn't buy into it that much they've always seem to be more business type.