Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
coin flip? Really?
Can someone please explain to me how this prevents ANYTHING? I have adapted to most if not all of the guidelines to this COVID 19 pandemic but his is BY FAR the most ridiculous "adjustment" I have saw! please someone smarter than me explain the logic behind this method!
The KHSAA has decided during the 2020-2021 high school basketball season to not begin games with a jump ball but rather a coin toss. The home team will make the call. Also, another similarity to the football coin toss, the team which wins the coin flip will get the option of going on offense or defense. Should a game go into overtime, the visiting team will call heads or tails and if the game goes into multiple overtimes, the ball goes to which team has the alternating possession arrow. Very interesting really don't see the need for this personally. The kids are going to be standing close together on free throws and inbound possessions really don't see the worry about jump balls myself.
Just be thankful the kids get a chance to play. Does it really matter or does it matter if it makes sense? Make the most of what’s going on.
This one of the most stupid things I have ever seen.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(09-23-2020, 02:33 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: Just be thankful the kids get a chance to play. Does it really matter or does it matter if it makes sense? Make the most of what’s going on.
the point is it doesn't make any sense so is there going to be social distancing when a man is guarding his man or what about loose balls or fighting for position in rebounds. I get safety first trust me I do but coin flip instead of tip balls a jokeSmile
The coin flip isn’t for the players. It’s for the officials. A lot of officials are older and most certainly have a high chance of death if they contract COVID-19. They can keep their distance from players the rest of the game. The only time an official has to be within 6 feet of a player is a jump ball. Not saying that it is a smart or dumb rule. But I get why they did it.
Poor officials guess they won't be handing ball to player for throw in, getting between players to stop fights, or handling the ball that all the players sweat all over. Good news is they will have an excuse to not talk to all those potentially infected coaches. But bottom line this change is dumb! But if they stop here with dumb changes it be ok, just hope one dumb thing don't lead to more.
I don't care if they cut cards or draw numbers to play, just so they get to play.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JustThinking's post:
  • HCS
(09-23-2020, 04:09 PM)The_best63 Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 02:33 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: Just be thankful the kids get a chance to play. Does it really matter or does it matter if it makes sense? Make the most of what’s going on.
the point is it doesn't make any sense so is there going to be social distancing when a man is guarding his man or what about loose balls or fighting for position in rebounds. I get safety first trust me I do but coin flip instead of tip balls a jokeSmile

But does it matter?
Does this mean no man-to-man defense?
Does this mean no dunking the basketball cause Ms. Rona only resides in gyms about 8 to 10 feet in the air?
Does this mean that those who are allowed in the gym will have to sit in a seat below the rim height?

Of all the possible basketball scenarios, the jump ball action usually lasts less than five seconds.... somebody please articulate how this specific action is so dangerous that it is being removed.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
(09-23-2020, 10:47 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 04:09 PM)The_best63 Wrote:

But does it matter?
I mean technically no it doesn't matter but it defeats the purpose IMO
Unreal how people get so worked up over something so trivial in the big picture. I just want to see them play.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HCS's post:
  • FootballFan1999
(09-24-2020, 11:29 AM)HCS Wrote: Unreal how people get so worked up over something so trivial in the big picture. I just want to see them play.
No this is the problem with society today SOFT people! Make one statement, literally asking a question and I cant  get an Adult response other than negativity and missing points! Its football season the h3ll with basketball forum!  smh
(09-24-2020, 12:09 PM)The_best63 Wrote:
(09-24-2020, 11:29 AM)HCS Wrote: Unreal how people get so worked up over something so trivial in the big picture. I just want to see them play.
No this is the problem with society today SOFT people! Make one statement, literally asking a question and I cant  get an Adult response other than negativity and missing points! Its football season the h3ll with basketball forum!  smh

I've seen what seems like hundreds of people flip out over a jump ball on Facebook etc...
I don't know how saying it's not a big deal to let the jump ball go for a year makes society soft. The bigger problem is people overreacting and turning everything into the end of the world as we know it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HCS's post:
  • FootballFan1999
(09-23-2020, 04:58 PM)JustThinking Wrote: I don't care if they cut cards or draw numbers to play, just so they get to play.
I agree.  I just want to see them play.  Definitely beats the alternative.