Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 season?
Will there be a 2020 season?
Surely to goodness this will be over and back to normal by August... if not, I give up folks! lol
Don’t know about that. Hope so, but KHSAA cancelled sweet 16 and all spring sports this morning.
At this point, with the circus that is going on in Frankfort, there will likely be no fall sports... Hearing kids will do well to be back in school by September at this point.
Here's a thought - If COVID numbers settle out and go on the decline and testing becomes more prevalent, I look for the 2020-21 sports season to be a complete jumble. I think we'll see non contact sports such as golf, track, bowling, Cross country, bass fishing and the sort start in August when/if school starts and if numbers continue to decline we'll see other sports start to be played via a reduced schedule as time goes on. I think Volleyball Soccer Baskeball and Football may not be played until the late winter spring of 2021. If school is delayed sports will not start back... Just a crazy thought.
Just saw that all coaches and band directors in Laurel Co. had been pink-slipped. Also heard the same in Montgomery Co. Any more?
^ this is where I see this all going, personally. Governor/KHSAA is going to put so many restrictions on fall sports, that schools are going to be forced to let coaching staff go and cancel fall sports. If you are restricted from having spectators, that means no gate, concessions, etc... no funding.
You may well be right, creeker. But I did see that Laurel rescinded the pink slips.
Maybe we’ll know more after the board of control meeting today.
Agreed.
A lot of teams are practicing right now, using the guidelines from KHSAA - I can see volleyball having a season, football though I am not so sure about.
Tackett said today we’re still planning on having fall sports...board meets Friday to talk more about it.
The more I read and listen to related to this subject and what Kentucky "sports writers" share of their opinions... The goal appears to be to have football and there is little concern with other sports.
If they try to have football, but not volleyball, would that be a title 9 issue?