Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019/2020 Wrestling Season
For those of you that follow high school wrestling, who are the favorites at each weight class this year.

I know Union County will probably be in the hunt for another team state title.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Don't know much about wrestling because my son just started his freshman year. Now he's a senior and he broke Belfry's all time wins record last year in the heavy weight class in just his 2nd meet into his junior season.

But I will say this, I know a little about Region 8 and, in my opinion, Coach Matney is the best coach I myself have ever seen. So to me JC will be right up there. I'm just glad Byron Pierce has moved on! Lol! Ethan finished 4th in the region last year and went 2-2 at state. Hopefully he can do even better this year now that Big Byron is no longer at JC.

The favorite in Region 8 as far as heavyweights, I think John Stone of Ashland is. But I'd put my boy right up at the top as well. In the preseason rankings, Stone is ranked #4 and Ethan is ranked #10 in the state. At least that's the way it was in the rankings I saw. The other classes I have no idea about.

Can't wait for wrestling season to kick off. It has quickly become one of my favorite sports. I'll be cheering for all the mountain teams this year. Good luck!
I know how you feel. My son held or holds the all time winning record at Belfry. I don’t know if anyone has broke his record. But give your son my best. Records are to be broken. Matney is the best. I got to know him in wrestling great guy. My older boy wrestled for Belfry and then ref. for Matney during his tournaments.