Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No public school has ever won the Volleyball State Title
Of the possible forty-one state volleyball championships, all forty-one have been won by a private school.

Assumption (22):
1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2017, 2018 & 2019.

Notre Dame (8):
1979, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1987, 1989, 1991 & 1994.

Mercy (7):
1985, 1986, 1988, 1990, 2008, 2009 & 2014.

Sacred Heart (2):
2003 & 2016.

St. Henry District (1):

Villa Madonna (1):
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
That’s insane! Assumption needs a 30 for 30 on their dominance!

They are an all girls school as well as Notre Dame?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
^ Yes they are. I imagine it will remain this way for many years to come.
I'm not saying that this is a perfect example of why some sports needs a public/private split.... but the numbers don't lie.

From 1982 to present day, only four teams have won state titles. Of course all four are private schools, one from Covington & three from Louisville.

Just like with Boys Swimming. The St. Xavier swimming team has won every team state title from 1989 through the 2019 season. Even thought that is an insane dynasty that will never be topped in any sport in Kentucky, these two examples of why some sports need a public/private split.
^ I am not sure what the answer is... some (from Louisville/NKY area especially) will come on here and make their comments about how "you just have to get better", etc... when you mention a public/private split.

I don't think people outside of Eastern KY have any clue as to what the folks outside these larger metro areas face on a daily basis. If you can afford to pay $50K plus for your child's HIGH SCHOOL education, then you truly have no clue... Kids in our region have to travel 2+ hours if they want to play on a quality National level club team, not to mention the cost to play on said team. If you are from an area that has a average income of $25K a year, do you think it's as easy as, "get better" when you are competing against kids that can pay $50K for their high school tuition, plus thousands of dollars a year in club tuition/coaches fees/travel expenses???
Creeker Wrote:^ I am not sure what the answer is... some (from Louisville/NKY area especially) will come on here and make their comments about how "you just have to get better", etc... when you mention a public/private split.

I don't think people outside of Eastern KY have any clue as to what the folks outside these larger metro areas face on a daily basis. If you can afford to pay $50K plus for your child's HIGH SCHOOL education, then you truly have no clue... Kids in our region have to travel 2+ hours if they want to play on a quality National level club team, not to mention the cost to play on said team. If you are from an area that has a average income of $25K a year, do you think it's as easy as, "get better" when you are competing against kids that can pay $50K for their high school tuition, plus thousands of dollars a year in club tuition/coaches fees/travel expenses???

i 1,000% agree with everything you said.

The "you need to get better" argument, IMO, is an easy cop-out reply because they know this argument is valid, but they don't want to admit it
Doesn’t assumption play their home games at Valley, site of the state tournament? Also wondering when state will be played at a venue other than a high school?
^ No idea where Assumption plays their home games, but I always thought it would be cool for the tournament to be held at Memorial.