Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bracket Predictions
Who you got in each bracket to win the big hardware?

Lots of teams I haven’t seen so it’s difficult but I’ll say :

D1 - North Laurel
D2 - Paducah
D3 - Shelby Valley
7th grade - Northern Pulaski

Feel confident in most of it but like I’ve said, some sleeper teams out there and unsure who they may be.
These new brackets are not very easy to read when you put them on forums.

If someone can email me that wants to take the time to mess with them to get them to post on here I will gladly send them to you.
plantmanky Wrote:These new brackets are not very easy to read when you put them on forums.

If someone can email me that wants to take the time to mess with them to get them to post on here I will gladly send them to you.

Seems to be an issue when emailing them too or texting them. They pixelize oddly.
CowboyDad Wrote:Seems to be an issue when emailing them too or texting them. They pixelize oddly.

Good, its not just me then, lol.
Brackets
In D3, it's crazy that Shelby Valley beat both Belfry and Pikeville in the regular season, yet somehow get seeded behind them both in the state bracket.

Somehow head-to-head results should factor in to these things.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Shelby Valley should be a 1 seed. Also, Belfry should be D2 with all other AAA teams.
More Cowbell Wrote:In D3, it's crazy that Shelby Valley beat both Belfry and Pikeville in the regular season, yet somehow get seeded behind them both in the state bracket.

Somehow head-to-head results should factor in to these things.

Head to head only comes into play when points averages are tied.

Its all base on accruing up points.
kywvfan Wrote:Shelby Valley should be a 1 seed. Also, Belfry should be D2 with all other AAA teams.

Belfry's enrollment is only 16 more than Valley, They are division-ed properly.
This is all fun and all for the kids and picks up extra games and experience to prep them for the high school level, but IMO only.... this is not a true state championship without Louisville, Lexington and some of the northern KY middle schools. Of course folks I would never water it down to a player or program if they win state. Just saying and I also know that other schools refuse to jump in to this tournament.
FBfan4life Wrote:This is all fun and all for the kids and picks up extra games and experience to prep them for the high school level, but IMO only.... this is not a true state championship without Louisville, Lexington and some of the northern KY middle schools. Of course folks I would never water it down to a player or program if they win state. Just saying and I also know that other schools refuse to jump in to this tournament.

While I agree with the argument, I also know the KYMSFA would take all those schools. Having an organization that puts together a tournament is a start, the rest have to join in.

My only issue (and it’s just nit picky) is that there seems to be more emphasis on FBU Team Kentucky than the programs in the association itself. If teams are paying 300 bucks and surrendering a ton in playoff structures, I’d be all about the teams they serve over all else.

But that’s just me.
Anyway, back to picking some winners, y’all! Who ya got?
Raceland wins D-3
Idk about enrollment numbers at middle school, or how all this works, but for what it's worth it was said belfry's high school could have dropped to 2a this year and decided against it.
trublu1024 Wrote:Idk about enrollment numbers at middle school, or how all this works, but for what it's worth it was said belfry's high school could have dropped to 2a this year and decided against it.

See that’s one thing on the HS level I don’t agree with. If the state moves you up or down because of travel and budgets for small or poorer schools, that’s one thing. But a team electing to do so is another. I know they can’t elect to play down but can up. Some do this to avoid other teams. Not saying belfry is at all. But teams do, and that’s not right. Or fair to other teams when they do so
Hound05 Wrote:See that’s one thing on the HS level I don’t agree with. If the state moves you up or down because of travel and budgets for small or poorer schools, that’s one thing. But a team electing to do so is another. I know they can’t elect to play down but can up. Some do this to avoid other teams. Not saying belfry is at all. But teams do, and that’s not right. Or fair to other teams when they do so

I agree, and although I'm a Pirate faithful, I'd venture to say that's what happened here. 3a is arguably weaker than ever right now.
fbfan4life Wrote:this is all fun and all for the kids and picks up extra games and experience to prep them for the high school level, but imo only.... This is not a true state championship without louisville, lexington and some of the northern ky middle schools. Of course folks i would never water it down to a player or program if they win state. Just saying and i also know that other schools refuse to jump in to this tournament.

😳🤔😬
trublu1024 Wrote:I agree, and although I'm a Pirate faithful, I'd venture to say that's what happened here. 3a is arguably weaker than ever right now.

Oh 3A is def down compared to last year when the top 4/5 teams were solid! But I’m not gonna say that’s what belfry did, because I don’t see Haywood running away from anyone. Now maybe the AD? Or someone in the school? Maybe, yeah. But either way I don’t think a SCHOOL should have that option.
The realignment was just done this year. There was a list released at the same time of teams choosing to play up a class. Belfry was not on that list.
Panther88 Wrote:The realignment was just done this year. There was a list released at the same time of teams choosing to play up a class. Belfry was not on that list.

This was just some talk I heard going around, that Belfry Highs numbers could have set them in 2a this year but they decided to stay in 3a. Thought that may explain why the Middle School is in D3.
Just a theory of mine based on talk going around. Idk anything for sure.
kywvfan Wrote:Shelby Valley should be a 1 seed. Also, Belfry should be D2 with all other AAA teams.

To my knowledge HS enrollment has nothing to do with their middle school classification. It’s based on the students they have in that school. I could be wrong
CowboyDad Wrote:D3 - Shelby Valley

Not so fast, my friend!....😜
You know the more I see them play, because I wouldn’t have said this at the start of the year or even half way, I tbink corbin has a real shot to win the D2. Especially if they play to their ability. We’ve got a good draw for the most part, great coaches, and I see streaks in them at times that makes me think there isn’t many others in D2 that could bring them down. Now I’m not saying they would dominate basically like our title winners from a couple years ago did, but they show spurts of greatness when they play hard and focused. At the same time, they’ve also shown spurts of just a decently good team. Their destiny is def in their hands.
Going to be very honest on this one. All that I have heard the past week from the Bell staff is how soft Corbin truly is. The kids believe they are going to dominate the line of scrimmage and simply overpower Corbin. Bell believes they are better than Corbin on all parts of the field, and believe they're simply the much better team...

All the kids are saying this week is how Corbin is full of "soft, city kids".. after stopping by and watching Corbin last Saturday I believe they may be right!

Bobcats-40
Corbin-14
🤣🤣🤣
BigontheBobcats Wrote:Going to be very honest on this one. All that I have heard the past week from the Bell staff is how soft Corbin truly is. The kids believe they are going to dominate the line of scrimmage and simply overpower Corbin. Bell believes they are better than Corbin on all parts of the field, and believe they're simply the much better team...

All the kids are saying this week is how Corbin is full of "soft, city kids".. after stopping by and watching Corbin last Saturday I believe they may be right!

Bobcats-40
Corbin-14

Well after being curb stomped 46-8 by the soft city kids what does it say about Fell Co...more of the same all show and no go...
BigontheBobcats Wrote:Going to be very honest on this one. All that I have heard the past week from the Bell staff is how soft Corbin truly is. The kids believe they are going to dominate the line of scrimmage and simply overpower Corbin. Bell believes they are better than Corbin on all parts of the field, and believe they're simply the much better team...

Bobcats-40
Corbin-14

Well at least you got close number wise with the score Confusednicker:

Could you imagine how bad corbin would have smashed them if they weren't soft? It would have been so bad that a middle school game would have had Dudley running up to the stands...........again.
CowboyDad Wrote:Who you got in each bracket to win the big hardware?

Lots of teams I haven’t seen so it’s difficult but I’ll say :

D1 - North Laurel
D2 - Paducah
D3 - Shelby Valley
7th grade - Northern Pulaski

Feel confident in most of it but like I’ve said, some sleeper teams out there and unsure who they may be.

So far, 3 teams I’ve picked are still alive.

Maybe I should go into the prediction business. Big Grin
Seems like the majority forgot Belfry