Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A change made to basketball for middle school
Just a random question :

Does basketball need an association much like football to help track and monitor scoring etc so that when we get to the state tournament that seeding is important to your actual tournament play versus just random “luck of the draw”?

Or maybe not an association like KYMSFA because of the sheer number of records to be kept but something g to that effect?

I’ve seen great teams get seeded against great teams out of the gate and hurt them In the tournament thus making the regular season insignificant.

Thoughts? Ideas?
The idea is great in theory but to make it happen would require the KHSAA caring about anything below varsity level competition. Me personally, I wish they would class and district middle school sports into regions like they do high school and host state tournaments.
I have thought about this as well. But it would take people stepping up to start an organization that would track games, create playoff, create seeding protocol, and take all the blame for when someone doesn't get the seed they think they deserve.

KHSAA doesn't and didn't really want to have anything to do with the middle school football. if they don't make money off of it, they don't want it.

I think it could possibly make basketball better in the long run but again, it would take a group to start it up.
You gotta beat them all to win it. What’s the difference if it’s the first game or last game?
Lexington Middle Schools seeds their teams based on how they are ranked at the end if the season. They post a weekly ranking for ppl to follow so that all involved will know how the season is going and who they may play come tournament time. So at the end of the season the number one and two ranked teams get a first round bye. Maybe other district could follow this model and develop a website that will post the teams weekly rankings.