Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike County baseball.
What teams should lead the way this year? Any big additions or losses from last year's teams?
I look for Pikeville to dominate the area.
Pikeville recieved two good transfers from Belfry. Both should play
vobra281 Wrote:What teams should lead the way this year? Any big additions or losses from last year's teams?
I look for Pikeville to dominate the area.

Even though they are the defending county champions, I don't look for Shelby Valley to contend this year. That team was 8th grade heavy and graduated a lot of talented players. Expect Valley to struggle this season, as they will be forced to play a lot of younger kids.

Like most years, Pikeville starts off as the favorite until someone else shows otherwise.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Was told Belfry will be down as well. Not only lost the two transfers to Pikeville but a couple of younger kids who could tributed last year.
Phelps lost several older kids as well. District down as a whole. Pikeville will walk away with the title in my opinion this year.
East Ridge might be the surprise team this year. If I remember correctly, they were almost all 7th-graders last year. Barring any transfers out, the Warriors should have a good team.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Will Central middle be any kind of a threat this upcoming season?