Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Way too many title belts in WWE
[COLOR="Red"]WWE Universal championship.
Raw Women's championship.
Intercontinental championship.
Raw Tag Team championship.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]WWE championship.
United States championship.
SmackDown Live championship.
SmackDown Live Women's championship.
[/COLOR]

205 Live championship.

I realize each brand is separate from the others (duh)... but nine championships on the main roster is insane. Not too mention the seven NXT championships. That's sixteen championships in one promotion.
Has the "every child gets a trophy" syndrome filtered in to the world of professional wrestling?

This many titles prove that the WWE isn't 'Pushing' talent like they should because the WWE is relying on championship belts to 'Get Over' talent rather than the talent 'Getting Over' on their own. We've all heard that VKM, Triple H and the rest of the creative team only Push who they want.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
That's what happens when you have several different brands. I'm fine with it.

Each brand deserves it's own major title.belt plus women's title belt.

The IC and US have been around for ever.

The women tag teams deserve tag title belts as well.

The WWE doesn't have tooany belts.
Strikeout King Wrote:That's what happens when you have several different brands. I'm fine with it.

Each brand deserves it's own major title.belt plus women's title belt.

The IC and US have been around for ever.

The women tag teams deserve tag title belts as well.

The WWE doesn't have tooany belts.

This, if anything, they dont have enough.
How would you do it, Pulp?
And how much more money would you make?
zaga_fan Wrote:How would you do it, Pulp?
And how much more money would you make?

I'm good with the brand split.

I would have one belt for each current title.
- World title
- IC/US title
- Tag Team
- Women's title
- Women's tag team

Giving the belt holder the ability to go back and forth between shows. I think this would make seeing a championship defended or even the champ cut a promo that more meaningful. I know as well as anybody how scripted pro wrestling is...… but it's still hard to buy in to and respect a title when we see so many belts twice a week.

I know my name isn't Vincent Kennedy McMahon and I'll probably never be the head writer for WWE creative, but this is one thing I would change.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I'm good with the brand split.

I would have one belt for each current title.
- World title
- IC/US title
- Tag Team
- Women's title
- Women's tag team

Giving the belt holder the ability to go back and forth between shows. I think this would make seeing a championship defended or even the champ cut a promo that more meaningful. I know as well as anybody how scripted pro wrestling is...… but it's still hard to buy in to and respect a title when we see so many belts twice a week.

I know my name isn't Vincent Kennedy McMahon and I'll probably never be the head writer for WWE creative, but this is one thing I would change.

And do what for NXT and 205 Live?

Your putting a lot on the champions. They'd have to have a match on back to back nights every week and every PPV. The way it is now is fine.