Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's the Best Squad?
loves2cheer Wrote:GRC [traditional] they have had some very good standing tumbling in the past. And very unique routines.
Dunbar is a very good team. They have very good stunting skills. However, Sometimes I think its just the name : PLD.
Estill is a team I've seen stand out. They've made it to state many times. They constantly get disrespected & they pull through. They also have many talents from stunting to tumbling.
Lee County's cheerleaders dont compete KAPOS however I think the should. They have great talent and have great spirit on the sidelines at ballgames. They are very friendly girls. I think we should encourage them to start competing KAPOS. I think there would be a very good outcome.
Madisonville North Hopkins is also a good team. They have competed medium in the past however it think they competed small this year and got 2nd. They have very good tumbling also.
Madison Central has a good team that represents the small division very well.
Powell is still working there way up. Last year was their first year making it to state in a while. Very good. Didnt get to see them compete at state but I did at regions. They done well there. I think at state they recieved 7th in the Traditional division. Havent seen them this year, I've heard good & bad comments. We'll just have to wait until football season.

CONGRATS TO ALL TEAMS AND BEST WISHES FOR THE 2007-2008 SEASON!

I have to completly agree with this post.
#1 Cheerleader Wrote:there are a few squads that i think are good
Powell:They are a good team. They are working their way up and I idea that i have heard that they are doing for their rountine is really unique. I hope it works out for them. They have a good number of tumblers. For there squad it is required for them to attend gymnastics this year, so I'm pretty sure that they will have more gymnastics this year. Their stunts from state were pretty tough to do like the one where they pushed the girl up and down three times. I must have been hard. Good luck pirates!! Hope to see you girls at state again.
Estill: Estill is a good squad. They have very strong tumblers. They do get disrespected alot because they put down other teams. What is with the fued between estill and powell? I didn't particulary like there theme last year. Weren't they going to do another category?
Lee: Lee is a squad in the rising. they have not competed in the previous years but i look for them to start to.
Owsley: Is another squad in the rising. Good luck to them

Why do people always have to put something in there post about Estill putting down other teams..this is just not true. There is this little thing called rivalry and I think it is good but after games and competition it should be over. Estill does not diss other teams this is just not true....:mad:
Has anyone seen McCreary Central this year?
cheerforblue Wrote:Why do people always have to put something in there post about Estill putting down other teams..this is just not true. There is this little thing called rivalry and I think it is good but after games and competition it should be over. Estill does not diss other teams this is just not true....:mad:

They just complemented Estil..I have seen Estill put down teams before when the other teams were trying to be nice. Example last year at districts...Powell girls went to pray with them and wish them good luck and they just turned their backs and started cheering again.
Either keep it on topic or it will be closed. This thread is about the "Best Squads"...... please ..... NO inconsiderate posts will be tolerated!!

It is being closely monitored!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Graves County, no need to say more, their kapos and National title trophies speak for themselves
Pike Central definitely.
If...Then Wrote:It shouldnt even be called cheerleading anymore, its more of a gymnastics thing. They already dropped pom poms and squads are moving from skirt uniforms to t-shirts and short shorts.

i have to agre ........ cheerleading is just that....cheerleadinggymnastics and dance aren't really cheerleading, i just mean chering is to cheer for your team and get the crowd involved. All of the dance and gymnastics are for show and they should be left out of cheering(personal opinion). If the girls want to dance or do gymnastics then they should compete or become a member of one of those teams. Cheerlading was originally cheering and stunts not all of the stuff you see today. I like to watch it but as far as cheering for a sport , should be exactly that,if you add all of the oter stuff , then you need to be an on all- star team because that's what they do, just put on a show , not cheer for a team. i know alot of people aren't going to lik this , but i'm entitled to my opinion too. But i will say good luck next year to all of the squads and always remember the main thing is to be safe and have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!TongueirateSho
Back to the title of the thread.....I get more excited watching Johnson Central's middle school squad than I do any other squad in the 15th region....even Pikeville. Belfry is also exciting to watch....they may not be the cleanest squad but they always have a lot of energy and you can tell they have fun. Or at least they pretend to...lol.
stride2 Wrote:i have to agre ........ cheerleading is just that....cheerleadinggymnastics and dance aren't really cheerleading, i just mean chering is to cheer for your team and get the crowd involved. All of the dance and gymnastics are for show and they should be left out of cheering(personal opinion). If the girls want to dance or do gymnastics then they should compete or become a member of one of those teams. Cheerlading was originally cheering and stunts not all of the stuff you see today. I like to watch it but as far as cheering for a sport , should be exactly that,if you add all of the oter stuff , then you need to be an on all- star team because that's what they do, just put on a show , not cheer for a team. i know alot of people aren't going to lik this , but i'm entitled to my opinion too. But i will say good luck next year to all of the squads and always remember the main thing is to be safe and have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!TongueirateSho

i just had to explain how cheerleading is supposed to be and forgot the topic but as for the best squad...........every team out there is unique in their own way , so i have to say that all squads are the best. i know that doesn't make since but one squad may be better at tumbling than another and that squad may have better stunting than the one with tumbling etc. and so forth.............i say that all squads have their strengths and weaknesses so i'm not gonna go with any particular squad because they are all special in their own way.................kudos to all cheerleaders
cheerforblue Wrote:Why do people always have to put something in there post about Estill putting down other teams..this is just not true. There is this little thing called rivalry and I think it is good but after games and competition it should be over. Estill does not diss other teams this is just not true....:mad:

Lets not turn another thread into one about Powell/Estill. Lets just keep it on topic so it don't get closed. I don't feel like reading another thread that deals with Powell and Estill getting in an arguement.
How does this thread even exist without Greenup being mentioned over and over again?
lawrence county is real good. especially after all they've been through this year. Those girls have had alot of ups and downs this year with loosing people and gaining people and starting all over. But they've kept their heart through it all and it's showing. Keep up the work girls!

BELIEVE!
Lawrence County is real good. Especially after all they have been through. Those girls have had a lot of ups and downs this year with loosing girls and gaining girls and starting all over. But they've kept heart through it all and it really shows. Keep it up girls!

BELIEVE!
Kosar Wrote:How does this thread even exist without Greenup being mentioned over and over again?

I noticed that too. I love Greenup. They are better than Dunbar in my book
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:I noticed that too. I love Greenup. They are better than Dunbar in my book

Yeah, really weird (or not) how Greenup has not been mentioned much in this thread. May I ask, do you all on here not like Greenup?
well north laural is always good.
dunbar lacked off a little last year on there stunts and messed up a little.
i havent saw them this year but im planing to go visit. lol
estill county yeah there pretty good.

i hope breathitt does good this year.
good luck to all teams at kapos this year.
knott county central cheerleading is fully loaded this year....there already kicking some butt with awesome stunts, tumbling and spirit...watch out guys for em
ballard bruins, louisville central
magoffin county.. they are great. the new girls are good too.
Johnson central

nough said
sheldon clark is lookin pretty great this year.
=]
I attended the Morehead Showcase today and I have to say I was quite impressed. The rest of the nation better look out for KY squads. All Pikeville teams were absolutely perfect!! Very proud of them.

Graves County was flawless! Boyd County looked promising, Barren County did quite well, McCreary did good. But I have to say that North Laurel stole the show in the school divisons! I can't wait for state.

And I saw Morehead coed and all girl, UK, and NKU's nationals routines. I still have chills. I love KY cheerleading! I'm proud of all of them
I heard Dunbar "wallered" in a few stunt sequences.... Everyone needs to remember... anything can happen on any given day... everyone should try to put their best foot forward @ comps and leave it all out on the mat!
Its that time of the year again, when the megaphones and poms are flying. Just be warned,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if you see maroon and white heading your either get on board or get out of the way. The power is the Panther. Wanna bet!!!!!:flame:
IISnakE Wrote:I heard Dunbar "wallered" in a few stunt sequences.... Everyone needs to remember... anything can happen on any given day... everyone should try to put their best foot forward @ comps and leave it all out on the mat!

Yes, Dunbar had a tough day. I think 1 of 4 stunts hit. I noticed their behavior before they performed and I could tell that they weren't taking it seriously. I understand that this wasn't a real competition, but exhibition or not, you need to put 100% into all performances. Especially if you have a squad of that prestige.

I saw them warm up and everything was perfect, but it kind of fell apart on the mat. They pulled it together though and it still looked good.

Overall everyone did great. I was very proud of Pikeville and I know that they will do awesome at KAPOS as well as Nationals
IISnakE Wrote:I heard Dunbar "wallered" in a few stunt sequences.... Everyone needs to remember... anything can happen on any given day... everyone should try to put their best foot forward @ comps and leave it all out on the mat!

If you can or ever been as good as Dunbar, you would have the right to talk, to be catty, I doubt you have ever been a state or national champion. Dont worry be Happy:Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead
I didn't mean my post in a "catty" way... just telling you what was seen. Don't get your poms in a wad...LOL... :confused:
Dunbar is always a contender and therefore people expect their performances to be error free. It terribly stressful to walk around with that type of target on your back... but then these girls understand that.
Ya know, comps don't give awards for reputation either... so maybe it's getting close to time for everyone to find their "big girl panties" and get ready for some fun!
Happy Cheerz back @ ya!:party2:
Bring it On Wrote:If you can or ever been as good as Dunbar, you would have the right to talk, to be catty, I doubt you have ever been a state or national champion. Dont worry be Happy:Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead

I am positve that she wasn't being 'catty'. She was simply stating what happened for those who were not there. And she gave some pretty good advice too. Just because you're good doesn't mean you don't have to try. Your name alone can't get you a trophy. You have to put effort behind it.

And she/he actually does have the right to talk! You know nothing about her/him so I guess you have no right to talk then either. Please don't jump to conclusions about people. Thanks.
well I didn't get to go to regionals ..but if Dunbar wollared as Snake II said they did...then what squad has he/she coached to be SO GOOD.....and kept them from wollaring onto the floor!

GO belfry I think they will make an EXCELLENT showing at KAPOS!!Cool