•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County Coaching Search
😂 what a Mess!
His 5 rosters were 56,68,61,71,66. I know for a fact that was one thing the administration told him. Get the numbers up.
bcpc Wrote:😂 what a Mess!
Tell us about the mess...I haven't read any of the Whitley County threads so I have no clue.
Congrats on another stellar season TongueirateSho
I hate to see Coach Chappell go but he will amazing wherever he lands.
Strikeout King Wrote:https://www.thenewsjournal.net/chappell-...gh-school/

Nice cover up, been rumored that Lawson wasn't happy with him and Siler probably wanted to bring in (their guy). Hopefully this new coach want be a past player and no way will he be more liked. I'd say the numbers (players and attendance) will take a nose dive. Afraid our better players returning will transfer if that's an option for them. Siler not been on the job but a few months and he and Lawson already accomplished setting the football program back. Hopefully those two birds will resign and leave the County. Any of you other schools have an opening for a principal, wannabe football coach, and a community upsetter in Lawson??? Just my opinion on the matter from a Colonel fan but man this just ticks be off. No way they find a better person than Chappell period! Maybe it was his decision but what I've heard talking to others in the community it wasn't. Have no clue how close Chappell and his coaches was off the field but if I would have been on the staff I would have told Lawson to shove it.
As I read this, it is evident that this is a cover up.... “the grind”. They just ground him and his family. Typical EKY politics...
Rainingthrees Wrote:Nice cover up, been rumored that Lawson wasn't happy with him and Siler probably wanted to bring in (their guy). Hopefully this new coach want be a past player and no way will he be more liked. I'd say the numbers (players and attendance) will take a nose dive. Afraid our better players returning will transfer if that's an option for them. Siler not been on the job but a few months and he and Lawson already accomplished setting the football program back. Hopefully those two birds will resign and leave the County. Any of you other schools have an opening for a principal, wannabe football coach, and a community upsetter in Lawson??? Just my opinion on the matter from a Colonel fan but man this just ticks be off. No way they find a better person than Chappell period! Maybe it was his decision but what I've heard talking to others in the community it wasn't. Have no clue how close Chappell and his coaches was off the field but if I would have been on the staff I would have told Lawson to shove it.

Being a nice guy doesnt mean wins.

The guy couldn't win. He was never going to win.
Colonel Fan Wrote:I hate to see Coach Chappell go but he will amazing wherever he lands.

Corbin using bob barkers voice over:

“Josh Chappell, come on dowwwwwn”
pjdoug Wrote:I call hiring the best coach and letting him do his job doing things right instead of sneaking around to hire your friend or family. We know the one that just left wasn't done right.

Heck no he wasn’t done right. I have nothing at all against Whitley. I want to see them succeed! But even from the outside looking in taking away all the politics. It looks like if you have 1 average season you lose your job! Now who would want to go there that’s not from around here and doesn’t know the “workings” of Whitley county with that in mind. Granted when they ask they’ll find out its politics not one average season as to why the previous was fired. But still that’s gonna turn a lot away. They “know” what they’re doing when it comes to running it how they want. I’m mad and I don’t even have anything to to with Whitley. From everything I’ve heard the kids LOVED Chappell??!!
Hound05 Wrote:Corbin using bob barkers voice over:

“Josh Chappell, come on dowwwwwn”

It’s jason, not josh, at least get his name right
I hear they are going after Bert Browne.
Bob Lawson just accepted the head coaching job, John Siler is defensive coordinator
There is not any successful proven winner out there that is going to work under Lawson. Sorry just the facts. Winners know they have to have control of their program. That is the obstacle that cannot be overcome. Right now I don’t know if Siler understands this. Hard place to be in.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:I hear they are going after Bert Browne.

I doubt he leaves Georgia high school football to come to the friendly confines of Whitley County High School. Plus the Head coach at his school just retired so he may be the next coach at Elbert County.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:I hear they are going after Bert Browne.
Mark Dixon
pjdoug Wrote:Mark Dixon

He and Coach Chappell good friends. No way he comes to Whitley.
2face Wrote:It’s jason, not josh, at least get his name right

Hahahaha. You are the last person on here that can ever correct anyone on absolutely anything. FACT
footballfever Wrote:He and Coach Chappell good friends. No way he comes to Whitley.

I was being sarcastic Smile
Bosss Wrote:Bob Lawson just accepted the head coaching job, John Siler is defensive coordinator

You made a new account to post that?
pjdoug Wrote:Mark Dixon

Throw the dang ball BertConfusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:I was being sarcastic Smile

You are so shrewd and knowledgeable I just didn’t know.
TheColonel Wrote:There is not any successful proven winner out there that is going to work under Lawson. Sorry just the facts. Winners know they have to have control of their program. That is the obstacle that cannot be overcome. Right now I don’t know if Siler understands this. Hard place to be in.

Of course he doesn’t if he did or had any different beliefs they’d have never appointed him the Super. There has to be a new culture brought in and it starts at the top with the school board. They all need to go and the people who replace them can’t simply be puppets who vote the way they’re told or swap votes for favors. I’d love to see Whitley start doing what’s right, I’ve got life long friends that went to Whitley born and raised with them and watched them get screwed over consistently because they and they’re families weren’t in the click. It’s not hard if the right people are in charge the ones who have a conscience and want to do the right thing for all the kids, not just a select few. There’s no reason with all the resources and talent at that school that they shouldn’t be competing in every sport on the curriculum.
Hound05 Wrote:Hahahaha. You are the last person on here that can ever correct anyone on absolutely anything. FACT

Amen
Whitley County is getting ready to stepped backward 15yrs. Run the ball up the gut boys that’s the way we uses to play. Old schools :Sad04:
I may lose... But I’d Bet anything that Dudley Hilton would NOT get a Job in the Corbin School system. Maybe earlier in his career, but not now... From my View and how I base this Judgment is that Corbin Football is about the town, the team of kids, the school. Pride and tradition and all this trumps 1 person. Dud is out for ole number 1. He wants cash, jobs.. Jobs equal more cash. That simply wouldn’t fit there. They would run him out of there FAST.. maybe I am wrong, someone correct me if so.
Does he know how to motivate kids, teach kids the belly, counter, blast, veer, and trap. Yes, he has won quite a few games. But he is Isn’t much of a leader, I wouldn’t want my kid to learn what he teaches.. Poorest of the poor when it comes to attitude and sportsmanship. I’ll quit talkin about him now, he loves his name, good or bad..
bcpc Wrote:I may lose... But I’d Bet anything that Dudley Hilton would NOT get a Job in the Corbin School system. Maybe earlier in his career, but not now... From my View and how I base this Judgment is that Corbin Football is about the town, the team of kids, the school. Pride and tradition and all this trumps 1 person. Dud is out for ole number 1. He wants cash, jobs.. Jobs equal more cash. That simply wouldn’t fit there. They would run him out of there FAST.. maybe I am wrong, someone correct me if so.

Who cares? What’s that got to with this thread?
bcpc Why would you post this? Let me help, you want to bad mouth Hilton any way possible. Who has even mentioned Hilton to Corbin? NO ONE! But you want to post and attack. There are several things I don't agree with when it comes to Hilton, but one thing is undisputable ……...he is a proven winner. He has three State Championships at two different schools, second on wins list with 370 and counting. Let me say this if he had work at CHS those years he would have more titles and wins. When he was here last time in his last year he average 10 wins per season for over 30 years. Think about it. So if they wouldn't hire him at Corbin I think that speaks more of for a lack of a better term, "stupidity" on their part than what Coach Hilton does. Haddix has very big shoes to fill if you want to make that comparison. Not just the last couple years.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next