• 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County Coaching Search
Craze JACKET man Wrote:Mike Campbell-

A big emphatic NO !
TheColonel Wrote:Whitley County administration would never hire him.

I hope not.
I have also heard the Mills rumor.
Chappell and Haddix are neighbors....could Chappell join the Corbin staff?
Trade Mills for Chappell.
Bobby Petrino
Willie Turnover Wrote:Bobby Petrino

:gtfo: I hope you lose your next game 41-6.
E's Army Wrote:Trade Mills for Chappell.
Trade you to Lynn Camp.
campbellfield Wrote:I have also heard the Mills rumor.
Chappell and Haddix are neighbors....could Chappell join the Corbin staff?

Chappell is a good guy and coach. I wouldn’t mind him at Corbin at all as an assistant.
I stick by my assessment that the front runner from what I've heard is a former player and alumni who also played college ball.
IMO it's the wrong move and wrong personality with no experience.

Whitley needs to find them a winner. Somebody who has done it before. Take there time and go across the country if needed. Dont settle for what certain board members and other political players want you too.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I stick by my assessment that the front runner from what I've heard is a former player and alumni who also played college ball.

Whitley needs to find them a winner. Somebody who has done it before. Take there time and go across the country if needed. Dont settle for what certain board members and other political players want you too.

If it’s the former player I heard, and I suspect it is, got good source that he’s staying put as his career goals aren’t necessarily in education or coaching going forward.
fridaynightfights Wrote:If it’s the former player I heard, and I suspect it is, got good source that he’s staying put as his career goals aren’t necessarily in education or coaching going forward.

One look at his social media tells you hes big into other things besides coaching and teaching.
I dont think he would come back to Williamsburg but I just dont know what this admin has cooking
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:One look at his social media tells you hes big into other things besides coaching and teaching.
I dont think he would come back to Williamsburg but I just dont know what this admin has cooking

It would be a mistake, he’s been successful but just from what little I know and was told, he’s probably not old enough or prepared enough to be the head man yet, that said I’ve seen administrations do dumber things.
Whitley County would love to have a coach like Wayne Mills. He knows how to win. Took a horrible Knox Central team when he first took the job, to making them play for a regional championship consistently. Would be a great hire for the colonels...
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I stick by my assessment that the front runner from what I've heard is a former player and alumni who also played college ball.

I don't want to see that. His whole family is already in the school system.
Any one of Corbin's assistants would do a good job. They have all been successful as head coaches.
colonelfan944 Wrote:Whitley County would love to have a coach like Wayne Mills. He knows how to win. Took a horrible Knox Central team when he first took the job, to making them play for a regional championship consistently. Would be a great hire for the colonels...

Will not happen. Mills , Russell will not get this job. This administration will not hire them.
TheColonel Wrote:Will not happen. Mills , Russell will not get this job. This administration will not hire them.

That then tells you how dumb they are. Mills would be the worker and face of that program thats under achieved for years. Sorta like how Knox was when he took over that program. If I were someone of influence in Whitley I would do what it took to lure Mills out of Corbin.
I’m not sure Mills would take the job, but if they have a chance to hire him and they don’t they are crazy.
pjdoug Wrote:I don't want to see that. His whole family is already in the school system.
That just means his assistants are already in place :truestory:
insideinfo Wrote:I’m not sure Mills would take the job, but if they have a chance to hire him and they don’t they are crazy.

wasnt he fired from bell for mooning a manager or something like that
2face Wrote:wasnt he fired from bell for mooning a manager or something like that

You should know about peopl getting kicked out of programs
I hope both programs ( Mboro, Whitley ) get quality coaches. I think both administrations will be surprised how very few quality coaches are interested in these jobs!
E's Army Wrote:Any one of Corbin's assistants would do a good job. They have all been successful as head coaches.

bull butter.
Trenches07 Wrote:That then tells you how dumb they are. Mills would be the worker and face of that program thats under achieved for years. Sorta like how Knox was when he took over that program. If I were someone of influence in Whitley I would do what it took to lure Mills out of Corbin.

Hire him at your school since you're so smart. We don't want him.
insideinfo Wrote:I’m not sure Mills would take the job, but if they have a chance to hire him and they don’t they are crazy.

He wants the job and ain't getting it. Worry about your own school. Whitley County is doing something right when people that are not even from the county start whining.
chs crazy Wrote:That just means his assistants are already in place :truestory:

right.
2face Wrote:wasnt he fired from bell for mooning a manager or something like that

That's one of the most intelligent comments that you've ever posted. lol
footballfever Wrote:I hope both programs ( Mboro, Whitley ) get quality coaches. I think both administrations will be surprised how very few quality coaches are interested in these jobs!

both can get a quality coach if they do things right.
pjdoug Wrote:both can get a quality coach if they do things right.

Let’s just talk Whitley. What do you consider “do things right”?
footballfever Wrote:Let’s just talk Whitley. What do you consider “do things right”?

I call hiring the best coach and letting him do his job doing things right instead of sneaking around to hire your friend or family. We know the one that just left wasn't done right.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next