Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brackets
FoSho Wrote:I get it but do you really expect another middle school to take Corbin's feelings into consideration when doing what they feel is best for their team?

I agree once you schedule you should play unless there are some extinuating circumstances. And I don't have any idea why you were kicked out of your conference. Maybe all the schools that were should make your own conference and maybe Corbin could do a split squad too? I mean I understand Corbin wants to beat the crap out of everyone and win every middle school championship they can by 100 points but it won't get you a KHSAA State Championship in HS.

Too many times people get hung up on winning and not preparing for when it counts.
Come on dude, preparation is the key to winning no matter the sport. And last time I checked every team wants to win every game they play period or at least the ones who like being competitive. And you’re right no one cares about corbins feelings when doing what’s best for there team. Corbin just wants to play football and they work extremely hard at being the best they can be on and off the field. Never seen or heard of Corbin cancelling or forfeiting to a team that was scheduled. Nor have I seen any corbin team middle or high school try to run the score up to 100 or even close. At this point I would love to see that happen but Corbin has class acts for coaches that would never do a team like that even if they could. Corbin is just as beatable as any team out there but most don’t know that because they won’t play them. Goodnight!! Some of us gotta get up at 4:00am to go to work..
PlayCaller Wrote:Come on dude, preparation is the key to winning no matter the sport. And last time I checked every team wants to win every game they play period or at least the ones who like being competitive. And you’re right no one cares about corbins feelings when doing what’s best for there team. Corbin just wants to play football and they work extremely hard at being the best they can be on and off the field. Never seen or heard of Corbin cancelling or forfeiting to a team that was scheduled. Nor have I seen any corbin team middle or high school try to run the score up to 100 or even close. At this point I would love to see that happen but Corbin has class acts for coaches that would never do a team like that even if they could. Corbin is just as beatable as any team out there but most don’t know that because they won’t play them. Goodnight!! Some of us gotta get up at 4:00am to go to work..

Seems like we're barking up the same tree. Don't know the solution. Success is great but tough scheduling is the result. It happens on every level, believe it or not.
I'm not trying to put onus on anyone by asking, but I assume the KYMFSA has a commissioner? If so, have they looked into what the reasons are when teams struggle to find games by actually speaking to the teams that cancel? Just curious.

Seems easy to call folks out but sometimes there may be other underlying circumstances? I'm reaching here...
CowboyDad Wrote:I'm not trying to put onus on anyone by asking, but I assume the KYMFSA has a commissioner? If so, have they looked into what the reasons are when teams struggle to find games by actually speaking to the teams that cancel? Just curious.

Seems easy to call folks out but sometimes there may be other underlying circumstances? I'm reaching here...

From personal experience and looking the fool a time or two, they CANNOT control who plays who. They are not over conferences and or scheduling. I honestly can’t believe what’s going on, but coaches have to start doing contracts period. If not it’s on them for not having games. Teams wether it be fear or jealousy have been putting it to Corbin for the last couple years, last year it made us better team by playing powerhouses but this year the jury is still out. I only say jury is still out cause they are still playing and have not won tourney yet, but I believe they will. It may not be as easy as it could have been due to lack of reps and experience due to shortened playing time in games who knows. It is just sad that schools allow grown men to cancel games and discredit their programs. The coaches at Corbin are first class teachers of young men and teach them as much about life as they do football. If anyone needs a gut check moment and learn more about them watch the video from sams vision about the 8th grade team. You will see coach Jackson Coaching with all heart and passion, and he instilled that in his players. They play with that passion and I think that’s why opponents won’t play, they can’t make there’s match it and they don’t have it.
Warrior1213 Wrote:Who have they played that other teams don’t??
Bowling green is down.

Belfrey
Johnson 8th
Pikeville
You played them correct??

Man there is a thread on here coach Jackson placed his email and personnel cell numerious times begging for someone to play them and even stated we would come to them. So it’s not like the invite wasn’t sent to any and all. I have a feeling your about to get your feelings hurt that’s why you have an attitude like you have about them.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:From personal experience and looking the fool a time or two, they CANNOT control who plays who. They are not over conferences and or scheduling. I honestly can’t believe what’s going on, but coaches have to start doing contracts period. If not it’s on them for not having games. Teams wether it be fear or jealousy have been putting it to Corbin for the last couple years, last year it made us better team by playing powerhouses but this year the jury is still out. I only say jury is still out cause they are still playing and have not won tourney yet, but I believe they will. It may not be as easy as it could have been due to lack of reps and experience due to shortened playing time in games who knows. It is just sad that schools allow grown men to cancel games and discredit their programs. The coaches at Corbin are first class teachers of young men and teach them as much about life as they do football. If anyone needs a gut check moment and learn more about them watch the video from sams vision about the 8th grade team. You will see coach Jackson Coaching with all heart and passion, and he instilled that in his players. They play with that passion and I think that’s why opponents won’t play, they can’t make there’s match it and they don’t have it.

AD's & Principals wont sign contracts so its a valid conversation with no real end game.
plantmanky Wrote:81 Registered members so far.

I would guess that leaves about 140-150 teams not in. I would think the main reason would be because of the early start and finish to the season.
footballfever Wrote:I would guess that leaves about 140-150 teams not in. I would think the main reason would be because of the early start and finish to the season.

NKY Conference has 14 Teams not in
Fayette County has 12 teams not in
JCPS has 19 teams not in

From there its just random teams not in at that point roughly 81 that I can come up with

so 126 non members, 81 members = roughly 207 teams in the state
plantmanky Wrote:so 126 non members, 81 members = roughly 207 teams in the state

Is this considered an average year for membership? Up year? Down?

There will always be teams that don't join,I'm sure, due to finances-travel etc.
CowboyDad Wrote:Is this considered an average year for membership? Up year? Down?

There will always be teams that don't join,I'm sure, due to finances-travel etc.

Average if you exclude JCPS from prior years memberships.
@plantmanky , I feel like I could ask a bazillion questions and wear your feed out. Thanks for the responses
CowboyDad Wrote:@plantmanky , I feel like I could ask a bazillion questions and wear your feed out. Thanks for the responses

Keep them coming.
plantmanky Wrote:NKY Conference has 14 Teams not in
Fayette County has 12 teams not in
JCPS has 19 teams not in

From there its just random teams not in at that point roughly 81 that I can come up with

so 126 non members, 81 members = roughly 207 teams in the state

Further review looks like 220 or so teams give or take a few.
plantmanky Wrote:Further review looks like 220 or so teams give or take a few.

what can be done to get others to participate? I really like the setup and it strongly helps at the high school level imo. I truly believe the ones that are over this have a good thing going and put on great tournaments, I just feel disappointed by such a large number of nonparticipating schools. I didn’t realize it was so high. What a shame
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:what can be done to get others to participate? I really like the setup and it strongly helps at the high school level imo. I truly believe the ones that are over this have a good thing going and put on great tournaments, I just feel disappointed by such a large number of nonparticipating schools. I didn’t realize it was so high. What a shame

I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin. 😉
FoSho Wrote:I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin. 😉

Numbers don’t lie
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Numbers don’t lie

I really think the early start is a big reason. Teams are playing 1st game Aug 3-4. Another thing I don’t like is teams that don’t go to playoffs or lose 1st round are starting basketball this week.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Numbers don’t lie

My point is, I've been saying there are a lot of teams not included.
FoSho Wrote:My point is, I've been saying there are a lot of teams not included.

But my point is they have the opportunity and choose not to play. We both have valid points. There just isn’t a fix unless extend season and kids play one sport till it runs out then move on.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:But my point is they have the opportunity and choose not to play. We both have valid points. There just isn’t a fix unless extend season and kids play one sport till it runs out then move on.

Agreed. FWIW I think Corbin is more than likely the best team in the state in maybe both 7&8 grade. Boyle Co is up there too in 8 grade (Top 5).

I wish everyone luck (and good health most importantly) in the tourney.
chs crazy Wrote:That’s known as knowing half the story, did you also know that Highlands scheduled a game with Corbin 8th grade the same day they played the 7th (their bowl game which is used to fund the program) and then backed out with all the kids they have and the playing time they are trying to get them? Of course people are taking exception when it seems they’re trying to down play the 7th grade win, if it was Boyle you’d be no different...
Here is the other half...HHS has/had two 8th grade teams with about 17 kids each team, one called the blue team the other the white, same as 7th. From what I understand both 8th grade teams suffered from a bad case of the injury bug and could no longer field 2 teams. So, that week they had 2 games and had to cancel one of them and were only able to field one team for the rest of the season.
Schedule who you want. Don't schedule teams you don't want to play. But once you schedule a game honor that and show up.
IAM22 Wrote:Here is the other half...HHS has/had two 8th grade teams with about 17 kids each team, one called the blue team the other the white, same as 7th. From what I understand both 8th grade teams suffered from a bad case of the injury bug and could no longer field 2 teams. So, that week they had 2 games and had to cancel one of them and were only able to field one team for the rest of the season.

And from what I understand you where canceling a month and a half ahead of schedule :eyeroll: Good luck to the rest of your season I’m done arguing nothing can come of it now but accusations and excuses...
FoSho Wrote:Agreed. FWIW I think Corbin is more than likely the best team in the state in maybe both 7&8 grade. Boyle Co is up there too in 8 grade (Top 5).

I wish everyone luck (and good health most importantly) in the tourney.

I don’t disagree with a whole lot of your opinion other than not all of us have the conference Boyle has been blessed with to play in.. I think it helps our kids in the long run because of the teams like Boyle that we’d normally never get to play if not for the tournament. I’m taking nothing for granted we’ll discuss Corbin and Boyle when the game is actually gonna happen... good luck
e's army Wrote:schedule who you want. Don't schedule teams you don't want to play. But once you schedule a game honor that and show up.

👍👍
footballfever Wrote:I really think the early start is a big reason. Teams are playing 1st game Aug 3-4. Another thing I don’t like is teams that don’t go to playoffs or lose 1st round are starting basketball this week.

Games dont start any earlier now than they did 15 years ago. Dont buy it.
Basketball has been a killer to baseball especially for summer baseball. Maybe schools think they have a better shot in basketball and choose to go ahead and start there season instead of taking a chance in playoffs. I don’t like the fact that kids can’t play everything, but they do fall behind and I am sure some coaches hold it against the kids. I don’t know, just disappointing that many don’t play. It doesn’t change my opinion that this is a special tournament for the kids and programs. Best of luck to all except against the hounds.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Basketball has been a killer to baseball especially for summer baseball. Maybe schools think they have a better shot in basketball and choose to go ahead and start there season instead of taking a chance in playoffs. I don’t like the fact that kids can’t play everything, but they do fall behind and I am sure some coaches hold it against the kids. I don’t know, just disappointing that many don’t play. It doesn’t change my opinion that this is a special tournament for the kids and programs. Best of luck to all except against the hounds.

I hate basketball with a passion.

Every parent thinks their kid is the next Michael Jordan and they act like such idiots. Football is such a better sport to learn about overcoming hardships, responsibility, teamwork and the thrill of accomplishing something with a group of brothers.

Basketball has been destroyed by AAU and summer leagues attitude. It's not about teamwork...it's me me me. I hate it.
FoSho Wrote:I hate basketball with a passion.

Every parent thinks their kid is the next Michael Jordan and they act like such idiots. Football is such a better sport to learn about overcoming hardships, responsibility, teamwork and the thrill of accomplishing something with a group of brothers.

Basketball has been destroyed by AAU and summer leagues attitude. It's not about teamwork...it's me me me. I hate it.

I like your thoughts on this. Lol common ground.
plantmanky Wrote:Games dont start any earlier now than they did 15 years ago. Dont buy it.

When did association start playoffs? Middle schools did not play regular season games 1st week of Aug 15 years ago. I coached middle school in 90’s and didn’t start till 1st monday of August.