Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brackets
FoSho Wrote:I don't consider it a true state title. Not sure if they hung a banner or display the trophy and I don't care.

My opinion might be more popular than you think.

Its Not
Trophies still look good in the trophy case.
FoSho Wrote:They looked at our transfer and it took forever, same process as high school.

If you are talking about the Boyle Middle running back the KHSAA not any other organization never looked into our player transferring. Not only did they never look into Kayden transferring, the kid didn’t transfer he literally moved into the district.

As someone who has coached college, high school, and middle school football, the middle school state championship is a great run tournament and a true state championship. Our kids rather or not we won or lost last season appreciate and loved every second of that tournament last season.
CoachGivhan Wrote:If you are talking about the Boyle Middle running back the KHSAA not any other organization never looked into our player transferring. Not only did they never look into Kayden transferring, the kid didn’t transfer he literally moved into the district.

As someone who has coached college, high school, and middle school football, the middle school state championship is a great run tournament and a true state championship. Our kids rather or not we won or lost last season appreciate and loved every second of that tournament last season.

Now theres a man with some knowledge !!!
CoachGivhan Wrote:If you are talking about the Boyle Middle running back the KHSAA not any other organization never looked into our player transferring. Not only did they never look into Kayden transferring, the kid didn’t transfer he literally moved into the district.

There we go! Sensible, and honest. The whole KHSAA doesn’t sponsor it is pretty weak.
Doesn't change my views. 😂
Any updates to brackets after games yesterday October 6th?
Posts to twitter and Facebook are fastest ways to keep updated till new bracket is released
Good luck FoSho hope you all win every game till our boys strap up in Lexington, would love to get to see it even if I have to watch it over the internet!!
chs crazy Wrote:Good luck FoSho hope you all win every game till our boys strap up in Lexington, would love to get to see it even if I have to watch it over the internet!!

I don't think there is much standing in he way of either team until Lexington. Hope things are good.
PlayCaller Wrote:Corbin 7th Grade played and beat Bowling Green 34-0, Johnson Central 28-0, Norris Tennessee Senators cancelled, Lexington Christian Academy 14-0 (LCA forfeited in 2nd Quarter). Meece 36-6, Highlands 35-14, Clay County Cancelled, Southern Pulaski cancelled, Northern Pulaski 14-12. South Laurel forfeits first game in playoffs against Corbin..

Corbin beat half of the Highlands team...they played a complete split squad, two separate 7th grade teams all regular season long. For the playoffs they combined into one team.
IAM22 Wrote:Corbin beat half of the Highlands team...they played a complete split squad, two separate 7th grade teams all regular season long. For the playoffs they combined into one team.
OK, and your point is? Either you’re saying Corbin beat the Worst squad Highlands had or Corbin beat the best of two combined teams? Either way Corbin played and defeated Highlands in a very good game. I find it hard to believe Highlands or anyone else would put a team on the field that wasn’t as good as another team they have on hand that’s better especially against a good Corbin squad!! Looked at Bracket five minutes ago. Not gonna be easy for any team in this to win the State Championship!!
How many teams are members of the Middle school association?
I was part of it several years ago and I thought it was very well ran. There is always going to be some seedlings people won’t agree with. I think the season starts to early and basically ends in 2 months for most schools.
I am amazed at how personal people take it when someone questions the KYMSFA or it's "state tourney".

The guy from Highlands simply explained how they run their middle school program. The split their team so ALL kids get experience/playing time. And some Corbin MS Football fanatic takes exception like Highlands owes him something. Herein lies the problem with this "state tourney". Not everyone views it or middles school football the same. Boyle Co and their conference play an A and a B team......regardless of grade, the best kids are on the A Team. B Team is for development against other B Teams in the conference.

Not having everyone on the same page or all teams not participating is a HUGE flaw in the format. But by all means continue the love fest, don't mind me or a differing opinion.
FoSho Wrote:I am amazed at how personal people take it when someone questions the KYMSFA or it's "state tourney".

The guy from Highlands simply explained how they run their middle school program. The split their team so ALL kids get experience/playing time. And some Corbin MS Football fanatic takes exception like Highlands owes him something. Herein lies the problem with this "state tourney". Not everyone views it or middles school football the same. Boyle Co and their conference play an A and a B team......regardless of grade, the best kids are on the A Team. B Team is for development against other B Teams in the conference.

Not having everyone on the same page or all teams not participating is a HUGE flaw in the format. But by all means continue the love fest, don't mind me or a differing opinion.

Note enough like buttons for this post.
FoSho Wrote:I am amazed at how personal people take it when someone questions the KYMSFA or it's "state tourney".

First off, I don’t think anyone owes me anything. I shared my opinion just like you or the person from highlands. I’ve got a lot of respect for Highlands and all the coaching staff. The comment came across to me that they have two teams during the regular season and combine them in the playoffs to make them even better. I don’t have an issue with that all. And as far as KYMFSA and state championship. My opinion is that they do a great job with putting on this playoff system that crowns a state championship period. As far as being a fanatic well that’s an opinion. My only issue is people are questioning this championship as legit on here and because Corbin tends to win it a lot then all of a sudden it’s not worthy of being recognized as such. Again, KYMFSA does a great job with this period.
I'm sure the KYMSFA does a great job. I never said they didn't. Kudos to them.

I've never said it wasn't a fantastic accomplishment for the teams that win or do well. Kudos to them.

People last year gave me hell and made comments about how Boyle Co was scared in the past because we didn't participate, blah blah blah. In the past I've addressed why we didn't and why I'm not a big fan of it.

All I've said about the tourney is that IMO it's not a TRUE state champion unless everyone is on the same page.

I'm not going to beat a dead horse and continue peeing in everyone's Cheerios. Good luck to all the teams left in the tourney and Go Eagles!
footballfever Wrote:How many teams are members of the Middle school association?
I was part of it several years ago and I thought it was very well ran. There is always going to be some seedlings people won’t agree with. I think the season starts to early and basically ends in 2 months for most schools.

81 Registered members so far.
PlayCaller Wrote:Corbin 7th Grade played and beat Bowling Green 34-0, Johnson Central 28-0, Norris Tennessee Senators cancelled, Lexington Christian Academy 14-0 (LCA forfeited in 2nd Quarter). Meece 36-6, Highlands 35-14, Clay County Cancelled, Southern Pulaski cancelled, Northern Pulaski 14-12. South Laurel forfeits first game in playoffs against Corbin..

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Nobody wants the beating

IAM22 Wrote:Corbin beat half of the Highlands team...they played a complete split squad, two separate 7th grade teams all regular season long. For the playoffs they combined into one team.

PlayCaller Wrote:OK, and your point is? Either you’re saying Corbin beat the Worst squad Highlands had or Corbin beat the best of two combined teams? Either way Corbin played and defeated Highlands in a very good game. I find it hard to believe Highlands or anyone else would put a team on the field that wasn’t as good as another team they have on hand that’s better especially against a good Corbin squad!! Looked at Bracket five minutes ago. Not gonna be easy for any team in this to win the State Championship!!

My point was pretty obvious, your hanging your hat on scores, I gave some insight to one of the game scores.
Highlands did not spilt into two teams to have a good one and bad one. They were split as close to even as you could get, so that both teams would be extremely competitive. They have almost 60 7th grade players, so the feeling was to maximize playing time during the season, two evenly split teams would benefit the players the most.
IAM22 Wrote:My point was pretty obvious, your hanging your hat on scores, I gave some insight to one of the game scores.
Highlands did not spilt into two teams to have a good one and bad one. They were split as close to even as you could get, so that both teams would be extremely competitive. They have almost 60 7th grade players, so the feeling was to maximize playing time during the season, two evenly split teams would benefit the players the most.
Gotcha!! Must be great to have that kind of luxury to have that many to choose from. Definitely not hanging hat on scores for sure. A lot of good teams out there for sure.
Being we have some loud mouths in here.....(that's meant in all fun and kidding) I need an announcer for Oct 20th regional at Bryan Station. Any takers? It pays.
plantmanky Wrote:Being we have some loud mouths in here.....(that's meant in all fun and kidding) I need an announcer for Oct 20th regional at Bryan Station. Any takers? It pays.

How much it pay? Lol

That’s known as knowing half the story, did you also know that Highlands scheduled a game with Corbin 8th grade the same day they played the 7th (their bowl game which is used to fund the program) and then backed out with all the kids they have and the playing time they are trying to get them? Of course people are taking exception when it seems they’re trying to down play the 7th grade win, if it was Boyle you’d be no different...
chs crazy Wrote:That’s known as knowing half the story, did you also know that Highlands scheduled a game with Corbin 8th grade the same day they played the 7th (their bowl game which is used to fund the program) and then backed out with all the kids they have and the playing time they are trying to get them? Of course people are taking exception when it seems they’re trying to down play the 7th grade win, if it was Boyle you’d be no different...

You think you're the only school that has had teams cancel games? Danville has't played us in three years in JV or Freshmen. BCMS had a game cancelled a few years back on game day and our youth league has even gotten the shaft.

Poop happens.
FoSho Wrote:You think you're the only school that has had teams cancel games? Danville has't played us in three years in JV or Freshmen. BCMS had a game cancelled a few years back on game day and our youth league has even gotten the shaft.

Poop happens.

Chill and listen, half the schedule big guy, our kids have played like 5 games, I understand poop happens but 5 times in the same season. Highlands has two teams of 7th graders and they can send one down on a bus to play but they can’t play the 8th grade? That’s fine but why post it on here when you already know it’s in peoples feelings.. Like I said if it had been Boyle you’d have been upset too and sure as Christ made little apples it would have been posted on here..
chs crazy Wrote:Chill and listen, half the schedule big guy, our kids have played like 5 games, I understand poop happens but 5 times in the same season. Highlands has two teams of 7th graders and they can send one down on a bus to play but they can’t play the 8th grade? That’s fine but why post it on here when you already know it’s in peoples feelings.. Like I said if it had been Boyle you’d have been upset too and sure as Christ made little apples it would have been posted on here..

Chill and listen to me.

Poop happens. So your middle school team struggles to find games?!?! So what? All you can do is try and get people to play you and if they won't they're doing what's best for them or they're scared (still what's best for them).

This happens on all levels. BCHS can't find games from anyone around us. It happens when you win. It's typical. But let's face it, like Boyle on the high school level, there isn't many teams around you that can compete with Corbin at all. Should they risk the safety or the confidence of their teams just to please you? Of course not. Middles school football is to prepare for high school. Nothing more nothing less.

You got kicked out of your conference, right? Why is that?
FoSho Wrote:Chill and listen to me.

Poop happens. So your middle school team struggles to find games?!?! So what? All you can do is try and get people to play you and if they won't they're doing what's best for them or they're scared (still what's best for them).

This happens on all levels. BCHS can't find games from anyone around us. It happens when you win. It's typical. But let's face it, like Boyle on the high school level, there isn't many teams around you that can compete with Corbin at all. Should they risk the safety or the confidence of their teams just to please you? Of course not. Middles school football is to prepare for high school. Nothing more nothing less.

The bottom feeders from two conferences combined to make one leaving Corbin, Northern Pulaski, Wayne Co, and Knox Central on the outs, guess you could calling it getting kicked out I call it running like a bunch of little girls!!
FoSho Wrote:Chill and listen to me.

Kicked out of conference? Sounds like you know what’s going on or might have happened. Please enlighten us! We all got our opinions about every aspect of Football. You mentioned middle school Football was for getting the players ready for high school more or less, right? If you honestly feel that way then why can’t you see that teams cancelling, forfeiting or just flat won’t play Corbin does nothing to help Corbin, right? So saying that, everyone else plays there games all season and Corbin middle school plays half or less during regular season. I guess that’s a pretty good strategy from teams that don’t want Corbin to succeed..but, when teams cancel or forfeit guess what. Corbin still competes...Bottom line is win lose or draw, schedule games and play them. Don’t refuse to play Corbin or any other team because of fear. That’s not right to do players that way and only hurts the high school program in long run. Man up, lace them cleats up tight and go out and compete no matter the name on jersey!!
PlayCaller Wrote:Kicked out of conference? Sounds like you know what’s going on or might have happened. Please enlighten us! We all got our opinions about every aspect of Football. You mentioned middle school Football was for getting the players ready for high school more or less, right? If you honestly feel that way then why can’t you see that teams cancelling, forfeiting or just flat won’t play Corbin does nothing to help Corbin, right? So saying that, everyone else plays there games all season and Corbin middle school plays half or less during regular season. I guess that’s a pretty good strategy from teams that don’t want Corbin to succeed..but, when teams cancel or forfeit guess what. Corbin still competes...Bottom line is win lose or draw, schedule games and play them. Don’t refuse to play Corbin or any other team because of fear. That’s not right to do players that way and only hurts the high school program in long run. Man up, lace them cleats up tight and go out and compete no matter the name on jersey!!

I get it but do you really expect another middle school to take Corbin's feelings into consideration when doing what they feel is best for their team?

I agree once you schedule you should play unless there are some extinuating circumstances. And I don't have any idea why you were kicked out of your conference. Maybe all the schools that were should make your own conference and maybe Corbin could do a split squad too? I mean I understand Corbin wants to beat the crap out of everyone and win every middle school championship they can by 100 points but it won't get you a KHSAA State Championship in HS.

Too many times people get hung up on winning and not preparing for when it counts.

Not to step in a big pile of crap here but what you all do is a and b team with best on a and rest on b. Team a competes and team b tries to gain experience cause no one but the kicker smith is getting offers in 8th grade lol. What highlands done was only sent one because there 8th grade team must not be much, the guy earlier stated they had two 7th grade teams not a team a and b. Technically it sounds like they have three teams one 8th and a couple 7th. So they differ from Boyle and some others. Ok everyone back to eye gouging and hating, just browsing trying to see what time Corbin plays Saturday or if they will get to because of cancellations. Heck at this rate they may get to Lexington and not even get off the bus till then.

Also need to add that the teams that are not part of it is cause there choice, they ones in control CANNOT force them to play in it.