Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brackets
plantmanky Wrote:Everyone makes there own choices right?

Rumor has it that the JCPS city championship has had 5 teams forfeit the tournament already.

Let's cut the crap. It's a great middle school tourney, the biggest and best in KY, but it's not a state championship and never will be until the KHSAA runs it.
FoSho Wrote:Let's cut the crap. It's a great middle school tourney, the biggest and best in KY, but it's not a state championship and never will be until the KHSAA runs it.

Honest question, how would the KHSAA running it make it a true state tournament?
Any word or progress on a site for the Meece/Williamsburg game?
plantmanky Wrote:Honest question, how would the KHSAA running it make it a true state tournament?

It is the governing body of high school and now middle school athletics. Your tournament is nothing more than a group of guys putting on a tourney like the KBA.

No offense intended.

Again, it's a great tourney that is quite an accomplishment to win.
So again how will having the KHSAA name on the KYMSFA State Championship make it a "real" state title?

Also, you do realize that the KYMSFA is strictly VOLUNTEER? From what I have been told, the KHSAA wants nothing to do with middle school football, they don't want to have to force teams to play, deal with transfers, and do all the stuff they HS does.

If they did want to, then teams would probably need to expect a hire membership fee. Right now 6A schools pay $1500 to be a member of the KHSAA.

I am pretty sure the KYMSFA would accept any thoughts and opinions on how to get more (all) state middle teams involved.
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:So again how will having the KHSAA name on the KYMSFA State Championship make it a "real" state title?

Also, you do realize that the KYMSFA is strictly VOLUNTEER? From what I have been told, the KHSAA wants nothing to do with middle school football, they don't want to have to force teams to play, deal with transfers, and do all the stuff they HS does.

If they did want to, then teams would probably need to expect a hire membership fee. Right now 6A schools pay $1500 to be a member of the KHSAA.

I am pretty sure the KYMSFA would accept any thoughts and opinions on how to get more (all) state middle teams involved.

It's my understanding the KHSAA now IS over KY middle schools sports and monitoring, games, transfers, etc.
Hound05 Wrote:^^^THIS!! Not to mention the ones that met up behind our backs to kick us out of the conference before the season started. But that’s ok. The games we have to schedule now only help us further our goals for a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!

But yea it’s funny how you have to guilt teams to reschedule you after they canceled. We need contracts and fines. I guarantee you one thing when we have down years those same teams will fight each other to play us!

What games are you scheduling to get your “goals” that the teams in the old conference are not, you still scheduled clay and southern.
Who did you play besides a “down” bowling green team this year????
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I feel bad for the teams that have run from corbin all year.
I know he wont do it, but I'd like to see Coach Jackson put up 100 on them

Hard to do that when you beat northern by two points. IMO
Warrior1213 Wrote:What games are you scheduling to get your “goals” that the teams in the old conference are not, you still scheduled clay and southern.
Who did you play besides a “down” bowling green team this year????

Have you seen corbins schedule?
That's an ignorant statement.
FoSho Wrote:It's my understanding the KHSAA now IS over KY middle schools sports and monitoring, games, transfers, etc.

You sir are totally incorrect ... Ask Julian Tackett if the KHSAA is over middle schools right now. 😁
badbunton Wrote:You sir are totally incorrect ... Ask Julian Tackett if the KHSAA is over middle schools right now. 😁

They are definetly over transfers.
starts early my man, rather than pacifiers as a bay, Corbin issues mouth pieces at Birth!!
You really think the KHSAA is worried and looks into middle school transfers when they can barely cover the HS transfers?

The KHSAA is only over middle school in name alone. they don't look at schedule, transfers, anything. They just took the guidelines that were already in place and tagged there name on them and mad a tab on there website.
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:You really think the KHSAA is worried and looks into middle school transfers when they can barely cover the HS transfers?

The KHSAA is only over middle school in name alone. they don't look at schedule, transfers, anything. They just took the guidelines that were already in place and tagged there name on them and mad a tab on there website.

They looked at our transfer and it took forever, same process as high school.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Have you seen corbins schedule?
That's an ignorant statement.

Who have they played that other teams don’t??
Bowling green is down.

Belfrey
Johnson 8th
Pikeville
You played them correct??
I like FoSho and he has always be truthful with me and respect his opinion most of the time but it may not be affiliated with Khsaa. But to these young men it’s a great event for them and it is their state championship. I personally think it’s great thing for them. I can remember when it was only a county thing and the kids took pride in that but now I think it’s really helped the high school programs. Gives these kids something to work for and try to better themselves. Just an opinion of an old goat that didn’t even have grade school football when I played and don’t say it FoSho we did have helmets.
Everybody has the opportunity to play. It is a state championship.
I may have missed this but why is Belfry in the small school bracket? Is Belfry middle enrollment down or can teams just choose which bracket?
Patriot1 Wrote:I like FoSho and he has always be truthful with me and respect his opinion most of the time but it may not be affiliated with Khsaa. But to these young men it’s a great event for them and it is their state championship. I personally think it’s great thing for them. I can remember when it was only a county thing and the kids took pride in that but now I think it’s really helped the high school programs. Gives these kids something to work for and try to better themselves. Just an opinion of an old goat that didn’t even have grade school football when I played and don’t say it FoSho we did have helmets.

You may have had helmets but they were leather.

😳
E's Army Wrote:Everybody has the opportunity to play. It is a state championship.

Ummmmm....no it's not. Nobody has proven otherwise. If it's not sanctioned by the KHSAA it is merely a statewide tourney. But not every team can/will participate for various reasons.

Boyle has another great shot at it and if they win, my feelings won't change.
If Boyle wins, will they claim a State Title or just a “tourney championship”?
FoSho Wrote:Ummmmm....no it's not. Nobody has proven otherwise. If it's not sanctioned by the KHSAA it is merely a statewide tourney. But not every team can/will participate for various reasons.

Now fosho, in your opinion in may not be a state championship and I still don’t understand why. Every school in Kentucky does have the opportunity to be involved. If they elect to not participate, that is like a high school team dropping out of a district and not being eligible it is the programs choice. There is really no difference in what kmfsa does and khsaa except you have three classes in middle school and 6 classes in high school. In your defense I do not like the fact some programs do a combined 7th and 8th grade team, to me that takes away. But remember that when belfry went on the high school run they had a group that every class had won a state title in middle school. It is a excellent feeder system for high school and is a state championship in my opinion. It prepares them for what a fight it is and be rewarded in a championship that will just increase the hunger for when they get to high school. At Boyle you all haven’t competed in kmsfa except last year that I am aware of and it didn’t stop you’ll from winning the title in high school and that is probably cause your coach and tradition helps. It is whatever works for the kids, coaches, and programs. But to win it is a great accplishment that shouldn’t be discredited because it’s not about you, me or anyone else on here posting it is about the kids that fight from July to November and get to celebrate. I learnt more about kmsfa last year, I got down on them about the scheduling and us getting removed from our conference. I soon learned they didnt sanction conferences, I felt like a a$$ for some of the rants I went on. I got caught up more in that then I did What was really going on around my youngest son, and at the point we played in Lexington and I saw him holding that trophy and how much he has grown as a player may have been one of the best memories I can take away from middle school. My oldest has won titles to, but the fact that everyone booted Corbin out of district was the best thing that couldve happened. Now they play tougher teams and still dominate and our freshman team is undefeated, jv has one loss by 4 pts. My point being it works for Corbin and we hope to bring home TWO more STATE TITLES this year. I usually agree with most you say man, but I think your wrong about this not being a title.
FoSho Wrote:Ummmmm....no it's not. Nobody has proven otherwise. If it's not sanctioned by the KHSAA it is merely a statewide tourney. But not every team can/will participate for various reasons.

That’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it. You’re in the VAST minority, which means that in the grand scheme of things your opinion means next to nothing. I do agree that high school titles are superior, but these are legit state titles and are very hard to earn. Answer this question for me. Do you claim Boyle county’s 2016 middle school baseball state championship? Is the trophy somewhere in the school? Because the same arguments you’re making against the kymsfa tourney can be made against that tourney. I can tell you this much. Those kids from Boyle sure claimed it, and those kids from Corbin that they beat sure felt like they had lost a state championship.
It’s a state tournament and state championship. One persons OPINION don’t change it.
Corbin 7th Grade played and beat Bowling Green 34-0, Johnson Central 28-0, Norris Tennessee Senators cancelled, Lexington Christian Academy 14-0 (LCA forfeited in 2nd Quarter). Meece 36-6, Highlands 35-14, Clay County Cancelled, Southern Pulaski cancelled, Northern Pulaski 14-12. South Laurel forfeits first game in playoffs against Corbin..
Warrior1213 Wrote:Who have they played that other teams don’t??
Bowling green is down.

Belfrey
Johnson 8th
Pikeville
You played them correct??

Maryville TN a top 3 program in the state of TN
Highlands
Belfry
Johnson Central
N Pulaski
Taylor
Etc.

Your comments are foolish.
You just hate corbin.
I dont know if anyone has played a tougher schedule than corbin.
PlayCaller Wrote:Corbin 7th Grade played and beat Bowling Green 34-0, Johnson Central 28-0, Norris Tennessee Senators cancelled, Lexington Christian Academy 14-0 (LCA forfeited in 2nd Quarter). Meece 36-6, Highlands 35-14, Clay County Cancelled, Southern Pulaski cancelled, Northern Pulaski 14-12. South Laurel forfeits first game in playoffs against Corbin..

Nobody wants the beating
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:If Boyle wins, will they claim a State Title or just a “tourney championship”?

No idea. Doesn't change my belief.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Now fosho, in your opinion in may not be a state championship and I still don’t understand why. Every school in Kentucky does have the opportunity to be involved. If they elect to not participate, that is like a high school team dropping out of a district and not being eligible it is the programs choice. There is really no difference in what kmfsa does and khsaa except you have three classes in middle school and 6 classes in high school. In your defense I do not like the fact some programs do a combined 7th and 8th grade team, to me that takes away. But remember that when belfry went on the high school run they had a group that every class had won a state title in middle school. It is a excellent feeder system for high school and is a state championship in my opinion. It prepares them for what a fight it is and be rewarded in a championship that will just increase the hunger for when they get to high school. At Boyle you all haven’t competed in kmsfa except last year that I am aware of and it didn’t stop you’ll from winning the title in high school and that is probably cause your coach and tradition helps. It is whatever works for the kids, coaches, and programs. But to win it is a great accplishment that shouldn’t be discredited because it’s not about you, me or anyone else on here posting it is about the kids that fight from July to November and get to celebrate. I learnt more about kmsfa last year, I got down on them about the scheduling and us getting removed from our conference. I soon learned they didnt sanction conferences, I felt like a a$$ for some of the rants I went on. I got caught up more in that then I did What was really going on around my youngest son, and at the point we played in Lexington and I saw him holding that trophy and how much he has grown as a player may have been one of the best memories I can take away from middle school. My oldest has won titles to, but the fact that everyone booted Corbin out of district was the best thing that couldve happened. Now they play tougher teams and still dominate and our freshman team is undefeated, jv has one loss by 4 pts. My point being it works for Corbin and we hope to bring home TWO more STATE TITLES this year. I usually agree with most you say man, but I think your wrong about this not being a title.

I'm not sure we disagree a whole lot. I'm just pointing out that without all the state it's not really a "state title"...but I have said it was a great accomplishment.

I've also always said Boyle Co only playing in our conference hasn't hurt our program at all and people said we were scared. Btw that's ridiculous. The reason I believe BCMS shouldn't play is last year we played 17 games and our last three in four days. KYMSFA did us no favors with so many tourney games.

I got lots of respect for Corbin and I like you so nothing personal here. It's just how I feel and I've stated why.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:That’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it. You’re in the VAST minority, which means that in the grand scheme of things your opinion means next to nothing. I do agree that high school titles are superior, but these are legit state titles and are very hard to earn. Answer this question for me. Do you claim Boyle county’s 2016 middle school baseball state championship? Is the trophy somewhere in the school? Because the same arguments you’re making against the kymsfa tourney can be made against that tourney. I can tell you this much. Those kids from Boyle sure claimed it, and those kids from Corbin that they beat sure felt like they had lost a state championship.

I don't consider it a true state title. Not sure if they hung a banner or display the trophy and I don't care.

My opinion might be more popular than you think.