Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add a Skill & Who Becomes the Best?
Really interesting hypothetical I saw posted online that I thought I'd post here.

Which player is the best?

A.) Chris Paul's game in Kevin Durant's body

B.) Steph Curry with Scottie Pippen's defensive skills

C.) Russell Westbrook with Magic Johnson's court vision

D.) John Wall with Ray Allen's jumper
I'd take John Wall with Ray Allen's jumper.

Not the biggest Wall fan, but I do respect what he can do. His athleticism, particularly his speed, with that kind of stroke would be quite nasty.

Imagine trying to run him off the line on closeouts and then trying to contain his dribble. Could also play him off the ball and run him off of lots of screens.

As a bonus, because he's so dependent on his athleticism and has the kind of game that likely won't age well, so adding a jumper means you've also really extended his career (I'd imagine by adding significantly more production in his final three to four seasons).
Cases against the others:

In a vacuum, Westbrook with Magic's court vision would be unreal... but you've still got the issue of whether or not he would choose to pass it. He racks up assists, but those are more the product of him blowing by someone and dropping the ball off when help comes. Probably run into diminishing returns there and think that his is one of the weaker cases.

Steph Curry with Pippen's defensive skills is still a guy in a frail body that isn't ideal for defending in today's NBA (the whole "position-less basketball" and more switching trends). He's also someone who is still injury prone. He's also using a lot of defensive energy to that's potentially going to erode some of his offensive production. Finally, good defenders are going to be easier finds than most any of the other skills, so there's more of an opportunity to find someone who can play in a system that masks someone's defensive flaws (especially if they are that talented on offense).

Chris Paul with KD's height is definitely interesting. Very skilled player, so it's impossible to tell what he'd really be able to do. I'm not a Chris Paul fan at all, but looking at it by trying to describe what each has going for them and what's against them, he's probably the toughest.
RealJokersWild24 Wrote:Cases against the others:

In a vacuum, Westbrook with Magic's court vision would be unreal... but you've still got the issue of whether or not he would choose to pass it. He racks up assists, but those are more the product of him blowing by someone and dropping the ball off when help comes. Probably run into diminishing returns there and think that his is one of the weaker cases.

Steph Curry with Pippen's defensive skills is still a guy in a frail body that isn't ideal for defending in today's NBA (the whole "position-less basketball" and more switching trends). He's also someone who is still injury prone. He's also using a lot of defensive energy to that's potentially going to erode some of his offensive production. Finally, good defenders are going to be easier finds than most any of the other skills, so there's more of an opportunity to find someone who can play in a system that masks someone's defensive flaws (especially if they are that talented on offense).

Chris Paul with KD's height is definitely interesting. Very skilled player, so it's impossible to tell what he'd really be able to do. I'm not a Chris Paul fan at all, but looking at it by trying to describe what each has going for them and what's against them, he's probably the toughest.
Perfect analysis on this.

You put Curry in Pippen's body you hinder what makes Curry great. Imagine Anthony Davis with Steph Curry's ability? Sheesh
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
A
Anthony Davis with a supporting cast
Larry Bird with a 42 inch vertical.
curry in durant's body. Big Grin
Chris Paul in kevin durants body.