Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preseason Favorites
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Corbins games against northern pulaski were cancelled due to rain.
Fun stretch of games coming up for corbin though.
And please somebody play our 7th grade boys. Too many running from us right now.

Yea, I heard from my brother it won’t be rescheduled either!! That sucks.

People wanna make claims about being the best team in the state but NO ONE wants to play. We shall see..........
Hound05 Wrote:Yea, I heard from my brother it won’t be rescheduled either!! That sucks.

People wanna make claims about being the best team in the state but NO ONE wants to play. We shall see..........

Good chance it gets rescheduled for this coming week.
CoachNM0523 Wrote:Good chance it gets rescheduled for this coming week.

Yep my son told me today that it’s probably gonna be played next Thursday. I was about to get on here and post it.
Johnson County's 8th grade has done well so far. One loss to Somerset, but it was a close one!
Still think it’s Corbin’s to lose in D2. Beat Meece by a lot. Not to many teams can play with them. Not being arrogant. It’s just a really special group. Lot of athletic big kids who love contact and have some speed
Hound05 Wrote:Still think it’s Corbin’s to lose in D2. Beat Meece by a lot. Not to many teams can play with them. Not being arrogant. It’s just a really special group. Lot of athletic big kids who love contact and have some speed

Champions until beaten, you should feel that way.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:D2 Corbin, Corbin 7th JC in D1, D3 could go about 3 ways.

If what I heard was correct I missed one of my picks
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:If what I heard was correct I missed one of my picks

JC?
Hound05 Wrote:JC?

Corbins 7th grade lost to S Pulaski today.

Absolutely awful performance. It happens with these screwed up schedules and teams cancelling on us all year. They should have won it all.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Corbins 7th grade lost to S Pulaski today.

Absolutely awful performance. It happens with these screwed up schedules and teams cancelling on us all year. They should have won it all.

I spoke of that in a different thread. Practice reps can’t match game experience. Sorry buddy I was pulling for another sweep.
That is some funny stuff the schedule and teams canceling is the reason Corbin lost I was at the game and it looked like SOUTH Pulaskis defense played a solid game and I thought the banner was a nice touch
I was at the game and from what I saw SOUTH Pulaski had a great defense and that’s what cost Corbin the game but you say it was the schedule and cancellations that cost Corbin the game I am sure both teams had film on each other there defense showed up to play and from what I saw there offense did something that no other teams has done and that was run the ball and complete there passes but I have to say looking back the banner was pretty funny
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:I spoke of that in a different thread. Practice reps can’t match game experience. Sorry buddy I was pulling for another sweep.

Man that sucks. They were a talented team! But yes I agree. These over and over off weeks take a hit on teams. Game experience is needed and they couldn’t get it. Would it have made a difference Saturday? I don’t know. Pulaski is a talented team. But it sure don’t help. Up to the 8th grade to go out with a bang and a couple of rings
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Corbins 7th grade lost to S Pulaski today.

I spoke to a Willamsburg parent at their game and they said they were playing their 13th game of the season Saturday. I think Corbin played 5 games this season.
They played
Clay
Northern
North laurel
South laurel
Whittly
Wayne

Mccreary doesn’t have a 7th grade team we had a scrimmage against Day dill then the tournament were they played
Wayne
Then Corbin
Not 13 games as someone said earlier they are a talented group of kids
well they are wrong south pulaski has played
clay
northern
NL
SL
whittly
wayne
and then wayne in the tourny
mccreay doesnt have a 7th grade team and they scrimmaged caudill and the game they were suppose to play corbin got cancelled due to weather because the AD CAME OUT THE FIELD AND TOLD THEM THE GAME WAS A NO GO DO TO WEATHER AND THERE HOME FIELD BEING A MUD PIT.
so they play 7 games before coming to corbin
it was said somewhere on a diff thread that south pulaski was a very good team and they are and i can tell you that corbin was bar far the best team those boys have faced
drd Wrote:I was at the game and from what I saw SOUTH Pulaski had a great defense and that’s what cost Corbin the game but you say it was the schedule and cancellations that cost Corbin the game I am sure both teams had film on each other there defense showed up to play and from what I saw there offense did something that no other teams has done and that was run the ball and complete there passes but I have to say looking back the banner was pretty funny

Your trying to take a statement and turn it into something different than how it was meant, nobody is saying that Southern didn’t have a good team but the Corbin team you played Saturday hadn’t played a game in almost 3 weeks if you can’t admit that hurts a team your just homering... Am I saying Corbin would have won absolutely not but there wouldn’t have been all the penalties I heard they had. Nothing helps kids play better and fix these mistakes like playing live games against quality opponents.
I'd be surprised if any other 7th team comes close to beating southern.
Corbin and southern should have been the title game.
Southern Middle has what every team needs, solid play at almost every position. Most teams have a couple of kids that can play, lots of good role payers,and a few they may have to hide in the mix. Southern is good 1-11 on both sides.

I wish they were on the opposite side of the bracket at Caudill Middle as that is probably the team to beat but I bet SMS gives them a heck of a game.
Boyle Co MS is playing really good. They are solid across the board and have two of the best players in the state in the 2023 class.

That Corbin vs Boyle Co semi-final will be a great game if it happens.
FoSho Wrote:Boyle Co MS is playing really good. They are solid across the board and have two of the best players in the state in the 2023 class.

That Corbin vs Boyle Co semi-final will be a great game if it happens.

I know Kaden is one of their studs, who/what position does the other kid play?
CoachNM0523 Wrote:I know Kaden is one of their studs, who/what position does the other kid play?

Tommy Ziesmer DE/TE

Kaden Mormon RB/LB

Both already have the size/speed to be D1. If they learn/grow as players, the sky is the limit for them both.
FoSho Wrote:Tommy Ziesmer DE/TE

Kaden Mormon RB/LB

Both already have the size/speed to be D1. If they learn/grow as players, the sky is the limit for them both.

You mean they already have the size and speed to be D1 or the possibility if they continue to grow?
FoSho Wrote:Tommy Ziesmer DE/TE

Kaden Mormon RB/LB

Forgot all about Tommy. He’s an unbelievable kid.
CoachNM0523 Wrote:Forgot all about Tommy. He’s an unbelievable kid.
How comparable are treyveon and his brother?
Hound05 Wrote:How comparable are treyveon and his brother?

I would say they’re thunder and lightning Treyveon is your laid back kid who can fly and has truly special speed and vision and is always loose. His brother is more hard nosed and gritty type kid who stays serious. Together they’re the best of both worlds and Both fantastic kids.
CoachNM0523 Wrote:I would say they’re thunder and lightning Treyveon is your laid back kid who can fly and has truly special speed and vision and is always loose. His brother is more hard nosed and gritty type kid who stays serious. Together they’re the best of both worlds and Both fantastic kids.
That’s kind of what I’ve heard. Those two will be the best RB duo in the state in a couple years. Everyone says the little brother looks for contact while trayveon uses his lighting speed