Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky's Frontcourt
People are saying our Frontcourt for the upcoming 2007-2008 season lacks depth. I like to think otherwise. We have Jared Carter, who has vastly improved his strength. We've only seen the kid play in a handful of games. Let's see how he does knowing he could possibly start. Perry Stevenson will get more minutes now that Tubby is gone. If he builds himself up some, he could be a very good player. Ramon Harris, what little he played last season, impressed me several times. We have a 7'0" center coming in in Mike Williams. He may not be a factor starting out, but he will definitely be in the mix. A.J. Stewart is a beast too. His Arlington Country Day team handed Scott County 1 of their 2 losses. And if we could land Pettigrew, he could possibly play the PF position, but might be more of a SF. Jasper could even possibly play some SF this season as well, if we end up landing Lucas. And Crawford played some SF last season. What are your all's thoughts?

Jared Carter - C
Perry Stevenson - C
Ramon Harris - PF
AJ Stewart - PF
Mike Williams - C/F
Steffphon Pettigrew - PF/SF
Derrick Jasper - SF/SG
Joe Crawford - SF/SG
I dont think we will be that good after about 3 years.
What do you mean you don't think we will be that good? Gillispie has already had a commitment from the 2009 Class and offered another sophomore a scholarship. If anything, we will be better after about 3 years. Billy G., by that time, will have recruited some of the nation's best and will have had time to have implemented his system to his players. This program is going nowhere but up!
StrikeoutKing Wrote:What do you mean you don't think we will be that good? Gillispie has already had a commitment from the 2009 Class and offered another sophomore a scholarship. If anything, we will be better after about 3 years. Billy G., by that time, will have recruited some of the nation's best and will have had time to have implemented his system to his players. This program is going nowhere but up!
Yea my bad, I didnt mean it like that. What I meant to say was I dont think we will be good until 3 years from now.
RavenBoy Wrote:Yea my bad, I didnt mean it like that. What I meant to say was I dont think we will be good until 3 years from now.
My bad, RB. I didn't mean to "jump the gun." They won't be bad the next few season, but I think you're right, they won't really contend for a Final Four or a National Championship for the next 2-3 years.