Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where did ----- become famous?
On the 83 weeks episode on the 1998 Great American Bash, Conrad & Eric Bishoff have a nice discussion on where certain wrestlers became famous.

So I wanted to see what our BGR Marks think about it. Copy & Paste the wrestler's names and then put the promotion you think said wrestler became famous. Try to rationalize where these guys became a Drawing attraction for said promotion. Everybody was big in their territories back in the day. B
est example I can think of "Would the AWA version of Hulk Hogan be able to headline the first three WrestleMania's?"
AWA, NWA, WWF, WCW or ECW.... or you can add a promotion I've not listed.

Hulk Hogan
Randy Savage
Andre the Giant
Kevin Nash/Diesel
Scott Hall/Razor Ramon
Vader
The Giant/The Big Show
Roddy Piper
Legion of Doom/Road Warriors
Rob Van Dam
Chris Jericho
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Hulk Hogan - WWF
Randy Savage - WWF
Andre the Giant - WWF
Kevin Nash/Diesel - WCW
Scott Hall/Razor Ramon - WCW
Vader - WCW
The Giant/The Big Show - WWF
Roddy Piper - WWF
Legion of Doom/Road Warriors - NWA
Rob Van Dam - ECW
Chris Jericho - WCW
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Hulk Hogan - WWF
Randy Savage - WWF
Andre the Giant - WWF
Kevin Nash/Diesel - WCW
Scott Hall/Razor Ramon - WCW
Vader - WCW
The Giant/The Big Show - WWF
Roddy Piper - WWF
Legion of Doom/Road Warriors - NWA
Rob Van Dam - ECW
Chris Jericho - WCW

I agree with most of this, but I'll change a few.

The Giant was famous in WCW. He won the world title in his first match. If the premise here is where did they become famous, then Big Show became famous as The Giant. Same for Nash and Hall, they were famous in WWE.

If it's where they had the most success, and that's what it looks like your answers reflect, then I would probably lean WWE.

Using that measuring stick, I think anyone with even marginal success in WWE is bigger than anyone in ECW, so RVD would be bigger in WWE.

Also, even as big of a WCW-era Chris Jericho fan I was, he never even sniffed the top of a card.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:On the 83 weeks episode on the 1998 Great American Bash, Conrad & Eric Bishoff have a nice discussion on where certain wrestlers became famous.

So I wanted to see what our BGR Marks think about it. Copy & Paste the wrestler's names and then put the promotion you think said wrestler became famous. Try to rationalize where these guys became a Drawing attraction for said promotion. Everybody was big in their territories back in the day. B
est example I can think of "Would the AWA version of Hulk Hogan be able to headline the first three WrestleMania's?"
AWA, NWA, WWF, WCW or ECW.... or you can add a promotion I've not listed.

Hulk Hogan
Randy Savage
Andre the Giant
Kevin Nash/Diesel
Scott Hall/Razor Ramon
Vader
The Giant/The Big Show
Roddy Piper
Legion of Doom/Road Warriors
Rob Van Dam
Chris Jericho

Hulk Hogan - WWF (but Vince did take what the AWA doesn't get enough credit for)

Randy Savage - AWA

Andre the Giant - WWF

Kevin Nash/Diesel - WCW

Scott Hall/Razor Ramon - WWF

Vader - New Japan

The Giant/The Big Show - WCW... bleh. WWF used him better early on though.

Roddy Piper - NWA (Dog Collar Match at the First Starrcade sealed it)

Legion of Doom/Road Warriors - AWA

Rob Van Dam - ECW... no question.

Chris Jericho - Really tough one-- could make a case for WCW, ECW, or WWF and have solid reasons for saying so.
so many of these got there starts in championship wrestling in Memphis.

hogan, scott hall, savage started in lexington ky circuit but made his first huge name in memphis as well. Roddy Piper in Charlotte Nc