Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Constructing a Team to Beat the Warriors
If you are constructing a team from the late 90's or early 2000's to beat the Warriors, who does it have, and, from what I've seen the debate break down into every time this question is posed: does it include Shaq?

Why or why not?
The Jordan/Pippen Bulls' teams are excluded from this one, BTW.

Actual pic that I saw that made me think of it had a Western Conference All-Star team consisting of the following, asking that you choose five:

PG -
Nick Van Exel
Gary Payton
Jason Kidd

SG -
Mitch Richmond
Kobe Bryant

SF -
Kevin Garnett
Eddie Jones

PF -
Karl Malone
Tim Duncan
Vin Baker

C -
Shaq
David Robinson
PG would be John Stockton... Not any of those mentioned Wink
RealJokersWild24 Wrote:The Jordan/Pippen Bulls' teams are excluded from this one, BTW.

Actual pic that I saw that made me think of it had a Western Conference All-Star team consisting of the following, asking that you choose five:

PG -
Nick Van Exel
Gary Payton
Jason Kidd

SG -
Mitch Richmond
Kobe Bryant

SF -
Kevin Garnett
Eddie Jones

PF -
Karl Malone
Tim Duncan
Vin Baker

C -
Shaq
David Robinson

Sounds like a neat and clean team, but let's face it, not enough to beat GSW
Their team is just well rounded and Steph makes an amazing point guard
PG- Gary Payton
SG- Kobe Bryant
SF- Lebron James
PF- Dennis Rodman
C- Hakeem Olajuwon

No going any deeper than this 5.
This team Handles GSW easily... Defensively, besides Jordan, this is a shutdown group with 3 guys that can create their own shot, and Olajuwon who would dominate anyone on the block.. My team lacks 3 pt shooting, but that's not the game they'd play...
I put the Glove on Steph, Kobe on Klay, Mix Rodman and James on Durant, Iguodola, and Rodman & Olajuwon on Iguodola and Draymond...
Offensively, that's where my team would really create mismatches..
I'd start by trying to get Warriors players to join your team. Lol
You don’t have to construct a team, just start with the Bird let Celtic teams, or the Lakers showtimes teams, and you can’t forget the bad boy team from Detroit, and we haven’t even mentioned any of Jordan’s teams. Any of these teams could beat the warrior in a 7 series more times than they lost.
PG- Allen Iverson
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF- Grant Hill
PF- LeBron James
C- Shaq

Assuming this is all healthy.

Game Set Match .
I select Larry Bird with the first pick.
insideinfo Wrote:You don’t have to construct a team, just start with the Bird let Celtic teams, or the Lakers showtimes teams, and you can’t forget the bad boy team from Detroit, and we haven’t even mentioned any of Jordan’s teams. Any of these teams could beat the warrior in a 7 series more times than they lost.

No team currently in the league right now can hold a candle to the level of defense the above teams played in the 80s and 90s!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
insideinfo Wrote:You don’t have to construct a team, just start with the Bird let Celtic teams, or the Lakers showtimes teams, and you can’t forget the bad boy team from Detroit, and we haven’t even mentioned any of Jordan’s teams. Any of these teams could beat the warrior in a 7 series more times than they lost.

That's for sure. I'll take Bird and let him select the rest of the team Smile
Spirit100 Wrote:No team currently in the league right now can hold a candle to the level of defense the above teams played in the 80s and 90s!

They cry if a defender breathes on them nowadays.

I'll take whatever you're having.. the only team that could compete with them would be a team from the showtime Lakers because of how dominant Shaq was.
FootballFan1999 Wrote:I'll take whatever you're having.. the only team that could compete with them would be a team from the showtime Lakers because of how dominant Shaq was.

You can’t compare Kobe and Shaw teams to Magic, Kareem and Worthy teams, wasn’t even in the same league.
if there is no exclusion, 1995-96 Chicago Bulls would be the best team to defeat gsw Big Grin