Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leave it to a Louisville reporter to ask classless question
Leave it to a Louisville reporter to ask Gillispie a completely classless question but Billie-Clyde handled it with a humorous response. When asked " How does it feel to be the second or third choice for the UK coaching job?" , Gillispie calmly said " I was only the second choice? I would have been glad to be 7th or 8th on the list just as long as I'm on the list". He got laughs from the media crowd then they all gave an applause.

I was waiting on some idiot to ask that stupid question and I just knew it would be a reporter from Louisville. BCG could not have handled it any better than what he did, with a humorous and intelligent response.
By handling a few tough questions he showed an ability to take the pressure & scrutiny associated with the job. I'm glad the questions were asked.
Handling the interview with the personality that he did made me like him more. I must say that I was a really worried about the decision in the beginning but as time passes I am becoming more of a believer.

Why not get that out of the way, we all knew that type question would have came from any goor journalist. Did you really think they were going to toss him softballs.

The man can talk, that I will give him. I also liked the fact that he dodged nothing, no the DUI nothing. I like him.
I take back any negative comment I made about Billy G. After hearing him talk, HE IS THE RIGHT MAN FOR THE JOB ! A man who looks like a kid in a candy store and who smiled the entire press conference and who is a work aholic and who wants to meet every KY High School basketball coach and who wants to get players from this state! He has me pumped! I love it!
Yeah I didnt get to see the interview yesterday but seen it a few moments ago and he handeled himself very well, and I was very impressed with him.

I now believe he is the man for the job, I did in the beginning but this makes me more of a believer.
I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why, I succeed." -Michael Jordan

"The ceiling is the roof." -Michael Jordan

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GB1 Wrote:By handling a few tough questions he showed an ability to take the pressure & scrutiny associated with the job. I'm glad the questions were asked.

I agree, I loved the way he handled it. I just knew it would be a Louisville reporter who asked the question though.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I take back any negative comment I made about Billy G. After hearing him talk, HE IS THE RIGHT MAN FOR THE JOB ! A man who looks like a kid in a candy store and who smiled the entire press conference and who is a work aholic and who wants to meet every KY High School basketball coach and who wants to get players from this state! He has me pumped! I love it!

I knew you would come around!!! I really think everyone will when they learn more about him. He was definzately stoked about being here, he smiled the entire time. Great things are to come at UK and Gillispie.