Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
83 Weeks with Eric Bishoff
Episode #1: The Third Man.

Bishoff gives a detailed account on how the formation nWo came about and how Hogan was selected as The Outsiders mystery partner.

Conrad Thompson has become the leader of the Sports Entertainment/Professional Wrestling podcasts.

Something to Wrestle with Bruce Prichard.
Something Else to Wrestle with Bruce Prichard.
83 Weeks with Eric Bishoff.
What Happened When with Tony Schiavone.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Just got done listening to the first episode....

If you lived through the Monday night wars, you have to give this one a listen.
Episode #2 is about the "Finger poke of Doom".

I remember switching over to USA for Raw to watch Mankind win the WWE championship, then switching back over to TNT to watch this match. After I saw what happened, my interest in WCW went to zero.
Going to download this prior to my drive back from work this week (out of my books on tape subscription for the month).

Where do you download it?
RealJokersWild24 Wrote:Going to download this prior to my drive back from work this week (out of my books on tape subscription for the month).

Where do you download it?

I Google it..... 83 Weeks with Eric Bishoff.

I know that it a generic answer, but I have an Android device. So its easier to do it that way.
Get it on YouTube as well
What do you think about Something to Wrestle, Something ELSE to Wrestle & 83 Weeks, Dusty? Since you have been labeled "the 2nd most recognizable athlete in the world".
Thanks all.

Listened to the first podcast and thought it was good (despite being a bit lengthy and sometimes getting a bit repetitious).

I will say that it left me with more questions than answers though, as there seemed to be tons of things that Bischoff said that were direct contradictions to things that Kevin "King of the Shoot" Nash, and Scott Hall, etc., had stated in previous shoot interviews.

While I think Bischoff was probably more privy to dealings inside the company, and there were things that I would think he's correct on where the others were incorrect, I also thought that there were some times that the conflicts were the result of his lying and/or not remembering correctly.

Some of the contradictions are probably best explained by thinking about whose ego the lie would most boost: for example, Scott and Kevin might have fudged some of the figures that they'd made while Bischoff might have fudged on the amount of power and influence that he actually had in the company.

Either way, it did make me have a tough time sorting things out. Hall, Nash, and others seem to have had consistent stories throughout various shoot interviews, many of those conducted in solo settings where you would imagine that, if so many people were lying, some of the cracks in their stories may begin to appear.

I'm not saying that every contradiction was a lie. For example, Bischoff was probably telling the truth when he said he knew Hogan would be the third man once the match started and Hall is probably telling the truth when he says that he didn't know Hogan would be the third man until he came out, and that the referee was going to give the wrestlers a signal if it was going to be Sting. It would make logical sense that Bischoff didn't want to take any risk that the secret of Hogan's turn would be leaked (especially if it were to get back to New York/the WWF) and didn't really trust Hall and Nash, so he kept them in the dark as long as possible, despite knowing at some point after the plan (of the ref's signal/Sting's turn) was hatched that the audible wouldn't be needed.

In all, just some tough things to separate out. I'd love to see someone analyze Bischoff's interview versus Hall and Nash's previous ones and lay out the contradictions, as well as offer evidence as to what factually happened.
I thought Bischoff may by lying about a lot of this stuff, but there was one spot in the first episode that gave him more credibility to me.

There was a newspaper interview with Bischoff around the time Hall was hired and it contradicted a Meltzer report that a deal was already in place and agreed upon to bring Hall to WCW.

Bischoff had an opportunity to say Dave Meltzer was full of crap and got the story wrong, but admitted his interview was a work and Meltzer had it right.
zaga_fan Wrote:I thought Bischoff may by lying about a lot of this stuff, but there was one spot in the first episode that gave him more credibility to me.

There was a newspaper interview with Bischoff around the time Hall was hired and it contradicted a Meltzer report that a deal was already in place and agreed upon to bring Hall to WCW.

Bischoff had an opportunity to say Dave Meltzer was full of crap and got the story wrong, but admitted his interview was a work and Meltzer had it right.

A wise man once said "Life's A Work"

As much as I like these podcasts, it is hard to decipher what is a Shoot and what is a Work.