Poll: Should John Calipari be fired?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
20.83%
No
79.17%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Fire Calipari tonight
cj2561 Wrote:way is that, because he use the full 30 sec clock, or the best look.

Because of the game pace, went from a helter skelter full court press under Pitino to a slow down pace ....more exciting to me to watch the run and gun style
Food for thought
Motley Wrote:Food for thought

Only stat that matters is titles
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Only stat that matters is titles

Then you're going to be very frustrated regardless of who you cheer for if that's your only barometer of success.
Who do suggest we hire?
Any major NBA or NCAA organization with a coaching vacancy over the next few years should make a pitch to bring Brad Stevens on board. For now and for the foreseeable future, UK is stuck with John Calipari and his huge contract.

Stevens is the best coach in basketball - at any level - period.
These rankings are as of 5/14 @ 6:45am.
We are in the Golden era of UK men's basketball.

Think back to the final years of Tubby & Billy G.'s recruiting two classes.
When we got Patrick Patterson, back in 2007, it felt like we had hit the lottery. Fast forward ten years and now it seems like if UK doesn't get every 5-star player and end up having the #1 recruiting class, we think Cal has lost his mojo.
Currently, Cal has 27 active players in the NBA. 6 players in the G-League & 11 players that are playing overseas.

No other team is even close to those numbers. Not Kansas, not UNC, not Duke.... no other college team.

UK is not going to win the NCAA championship every year.
UK is not going to go 40-0 every season.
UK is not going to get every 5-star player each season.

Enjoy what we have. UK men's basketball will never be like this again. We will be good and one of the top programs, but we will never have the players & the attraction status like we do now.

[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/att...1526316478]
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Any major NBA or NCAA organization with a coaching vacancy over the next few years should make a pitch to bring Brad Stevens on board. For now and for the foreseeable future, UK is stuck with John Calipari and his huge contract.

Stevens is the best coach in basketball - at any level - period.

I don't think anybody would debate that. Which begs the question of why in the world would Brad Stevens leave the Boston Celtics for any NCAA job or for that matter any other NBA job?
Motley Wrote:I don't think anybody would debate that. Which begs the question of why in the world would Brad Stevens leave the Boston Celtics for any NCAA job or for that matter any other NBA job?
Stevens enjoys teaching the game of basketball and that is why the Celtics hired him to rebuild their program with young talent. I will be surprised if he does not eventually return to a college coaching job eventually, but I think that he will win at least an NBA title or two before he does. If and when he returns, my money would be on IU, but he would be a great fit at UK, IMO.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Stevens enjoys teaching the game of basketball and that is why the Celtics hired him to rebuild their program with young talent. I will be surprised if he does not eventually return to a college coaching job eventually, but I think that he will win at least an NBA title or two before he does. If and when he returns, my money would be on IU, but he would be a great fit at UK, IMO.

No college will be able to afford Stevens at any point again in his career. He's an NBA guy now.
Motley Wrote:No college will be able to afford Stevens at any point again in his career. He's an NBA guy now.
Stevens walked away from a promising, lucrative career as a pharmaceutical company executive to work as an unpaid, volunteer assistant coach at Butler.

Calipari is making far more money than Stevens, at a salary that would place him near the top of NBA head coaches if he were an NBA coach. That's right, UK is blowing a bundle of cash on a man who was a mediocre NBA coach.

Calipari's buy-out clause has priced UK out of the market for any top tier coach.
Motley Wrote:No college will be able to afford Stevens at any point again in his career. He's an NBA guy now.

Calipari makes more than Stevens genius
Kentucky has a bad habit of rewarding coaches based on unproven things. For example mingione and the baseball team.
Cal is a good coach. Great recruiter. And remarkable salesman. What he does best is sell himself.
He tricked UK into giving him everything he wants. Coaches should be begging to work at UK. No coach is bigger than the program. Unfortunately cal is just as big.

Duke will lock up Stevens in a year or two when K retires or dies and continue on winning while UK cleans up whatever mess cal leaves
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Kentucky has a bad habit of rewarding coaches based on unproven things. For example mingione and the baseball team.
Cal is a good coach. Great recruiter. And remarkable salesman. What he does best is sell himself.
He tricked UK into giving him everything he wants. Coaches should be begging to work at UK. No coach is bigger than the program. Unfortunately cal is just as big.

Duke will lock up Stevens in a year or two when K retires or dies and continue on winning while UK cleans up whatever mess cal leaves

I agree.

Cal, Stoops, Mitchell & Minigione all got major contract extensions early in their tenure without producing the desired results. Barhart has done more good for UK's athletic program than people realize. Mitch's argument for the said contract extensions is that he doesn't want one of our coaches to leave UK and build a powerhouse someplace else.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
If you think U.K. should fire coach cal and you think they can find someone better.....you don’t understand college basketball. No way around that.
Stevens is done with college basketball. Only Hoosiers fans think Stevens has any interest in coaching in Bloomington.
A jealous Louisville fan post. Little brother would love to be like big brother Kentucky.
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:A jealous Louisville fan post. Little brother would love to be like big brother Kentucky.

Gut doesn't like UL. He just doesn't like Coach Cal all that much.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Gut doesn't like UL. He just doesn't like Coach Cal all that much.

I dont blame him. If I had to root for U of L I would be jealous too!
I stand by this thread yet again
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I stand by this thread yet again

I'm just curious who you'd like to hire in his place that would keep us as competitive as we are now? Do you stand by your Petrino stance as well?
Motley Wrote:I'm just curious who you'd like to hire in his place that would keep us as competitive as we are now? Do you stand by your Petrino stance as well?

There's only one option and we could have him for 30 plus years.

Brad Stevens.

Offer him 9 million a year and he would be ours forever. He would win title after titles making nick saban's look like an amateur.

IF WE DONT DO IT NOW DUKE WILL WIN K RETIRES.
Bump
^Confusednicker:
ware and gut you all are a bunch of dumbass crybabies who hate uk in every sport and are never happy no matter what happens
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Absolutely wrong.
You ksr lovers talk like this, when in reality you are by far the minority when you look at the entire fan base. There are a lot more people that think like us then think like you.

this may of been a few months ago but is fitting since todays loss is similar to k state first things first im not a ksr lover i do listen but i dont agree with some things he says. Most fans agree with Cal but he is not perfect though he has his mistakes. They may be fans like you but they are not many but very loud fans who thinks hiding behind a fake name and offer no solution to what could be done to fix things and act like the world is coming to the end and the only out you all have is to fire the coach cause your so upset that he is not winning titles every year. Curious why so much disdain towards KSR did Matt cutt you off one day?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Bump

Confusednicker:

I can't stop laughing.
rrp Wrote:ware and gut you all are a bunch of dumbass crybabies who hate uk in every sport and are never happy no matter what happens
Wrong i like the volleyball team, and stop being a butthurt snowflake.
With this year’s team, this will get bumped a lot this season Confusednicker:
rrp Wrote:ware and gut you all are a bunch of dumbass crybabies who hate uk in every sport and are never happy no matter what happens

Not true.
I think our cheerleading programs and rifle squads are overachievers and I have no problem with either.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next