Poll: Should John Calipari be fired?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
20.83%
No
79.17%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 16(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Fire Calipari tonight
(02-12-2024, 02:20 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(02-12-2024, 12:00 AM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote:
(02-11-2024, 11:32 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(02-11-2024, 09:37 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote:
(02-11-2024, 08:39 PM)IOld School Hound Wrote: Have you been waiting six years to post this again? We don't hear a gosh darn word from Cal's harshest critics as long as the team is winning and looking like a Top Ten team in the country. They were ranked #6 just a couple or three weeks ago.  If a poll of true BB fans was taken from across the state, a healthy majority would still root for Cal to succeed here, rather than be shown the door in favor of someone like the slimy, Bruce Pearl.  I'm gonna continue to root for Cal and the boys to make a deep run in March, as will a majority BB fans.

I could’ve posted this at any point in the last six years. Get off his sack.
Would you fire him right now or wait til the end of the season? Either way, it's gonna cost UK a lot of money. Also, who would you hire to replace him that would be available and willing to make the move to , as Jet said, "a mid-tier SEC program." LOL
Cal has represented our university very well in his 14 years, helped make a lot of his players very wealthy, and hence, created new streams of big money donations back to the university. As Plant guy said, he has done what exactly he was hired to do and done it very well. Has his tenure just about come to an end in Lexington? Maybe so, but whoever replaces him, when it happens, will have big, BIG shoes to fill.

Fire him now. Tonight. Make the call during the Super Bowl and ruin his night. 
Kentucky will have no problem paying 27 mil to buy him out if they want. 

as far as hiring goes it doesn’t matter. We know cal ain’t winning so I will take my chances with anyone else over him. if I were AD? I’d make Brad Stevens say no. 10 mil a year for 10 years guaranteed with complete control and the ability to tell the AD to GTFO. 
If he says no keep adding money till he can’t. 

This team is soft as charmin. It’s not their fault. Their 18 year olds set up for failure. 
Cals ways of structuring teams don’t work. The transfer portal made sure of that. You can have the top five recruits every year and they’ll get bent over by five vets who were two stars in high school but have experience and strength. 

And btw, the only way firing cal works is you fire Barnhart first. Football sucks. They’ll never compete for the playoff with stoops. Even at 12 teams. WBB has the worst coach in its history but they’re scared to fire her. Baseball is in shambles. They gambled big on mongione and he’s a loser. 

Fire cal. Fire him tonight. Or have this same conversation 10 years from now when we still don’t have another title. This isn’t Tennessee. Titles are what matter here.

I agree with you about this team being very soft.  But it's not like Cal is saying, "Go out there and play soft."   As Shaun Smith, of KSR, said, the lack of toughness is on the players. Either a guy is tough or he's not. Either a guy is disciplined or he's not. That's not on the coach, it's on the player to be tough and be disciplined.

Jack Pilgrim: "It's dumb to even consider Coach Cal needs to go right now... All that stuff is stupid."

I guess Jack Pilgrim and other level-headed fans should "suck it!"

Cal recruited them and brought them here, it's on him. You still cannot grasp the concept of accountability. Everybody else gets it.

KSR trashed Cal on their program today. All 4 guys. Only losers and midwits accept continued losing.
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • pjdoug, RunItUpTheGut
Bump

LSU sucks but cal sucks harder.

Make no mistake, LSU isn’t as good as Kentucky. Kentucky sucks as bad as LSU.

Fire that POS tonight please.
FIRE CAL
[-] The following 1 user Likes rookie57's post:
  • pjdoug
LSU wins without their best player.
Cal watches a 15 point lead go to 2 before calling a timeout.
(02-22-2024, 01:20 AM)jetpilot Wrote: LSU wins without their best player.
Fire cal
(02-22-2024, 01:17 AM)rookie57 Wrote: FIRE CAL
How did Calipari lose this game?  Do you pin any of this loss on the players or is it strictly Cal's fault?

For those who keep uttering "Fire Cal," I hope you all know that is never gonna happen. Cal will leave of his own accord one day but he will never be fired. Calling for it isn't gonna bring it any closer to fruition.

Can you imagine Coach Jetpilot ? I can't. The first person that disagreed with Coach Jet would be bombarded with name calling and personal insults. LOL
(02-22-2024, 02:57 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(02-22-2024, 01:17 AM)rookie57 Wrote: FIRE CAL
How did Calipari lose this game?  Do you pin any of this loss on the players or is it strictly Cal's fault?

For those who keep uttering "Fire Cal," I hope you all know that is never gonna happen. Cal will leave of his own accord one day but he will never be fired. Calling for it isn't gonna bring it any closer to fruition.

Can you imagine Coach Jetpilot ? I can't. The first person that disagreed with Coach Jet would be bombarded with name calling and personal insults. LOL

Can you imagine another red herring? Of course you can.
Another reason why I have now had enough of Cal for 4 lifetimes - gloats like an idiot and attacks critics last game and acts like a douche after (another) embarrassing loss.

Kyle Tucker
@KyleTucker_ATH
·
7h
Apparently took two questions and dipped after the LSU loss. Gotta get back for that late-afternoon game three days from now, obviously.
Ryan Black
@RyanABlack
·
7h
John Calipari references part of the reason he has to leave his postgame presser so quickly is the fact Kentucky has "an early game" Saturday against Alabama. It tips off at 4 p.m., BTW.
No way would I want to hang around for an hour facing implied criticism and clown-ass questions from people like coach Jet and Coach RUTG, who are looking to stick a verbal knife in his back. I don't blame Cal for wanting to get out of that nasty Bayou and  hop in his sweet signature series ride back in Lexington.

Mustang Cally:

Thumbnail(s)

Cal had to get a sponsor for the time out before he could take it, got bring in that money, wooot woooot
Bump

“Built for march”
Yep I'm on board lets get rid of his sorry ass. He couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag with holes in it
Cal will never be fired. He might move on at some point but anyone that thinks UK will ever fire him is insane. Dr. Capilouto loves Cal.

So, Reed, Reeves, and Dillingham not being able to guard a school crossing is Cal's fault? You people are nuts!
I don't think that Cal gets fired regardless, but I see a continuum:

- Upset by a 12-14 seed in the round of 64 and people will lose their ever-loving minds; If so, few Calipari defenders remain and fans become are still so vocal at the beginning of next season that the eventual separation becomes inevitable and everyone (fans, administration, and Cal) is utterly miserable for the one to two years that it takes to get there as things get uglier along the way;

- Lose in the round of 32 and fewer lose their minds, but everyone complains; save Reed Sheppard staying and stumping for fans to support Cal and/or next year's team starting strong and eventually getting to a Final Four or better, then it's going to be tough for Cal to ever regain most fan's trust and support, and even then it might be temporary. This is still "point of no return" territory for me;

- Upset in the Sweet 16 and it's going to be bad; people will still support the program, but lots of Cal defenders are going to be worn out and start taking a hard look at whether everyone they've had "the post-2015 Cal argument" with was right all along. There's a much more muted public tone from Calipari supporters and the detractor's voices are amplified going further. This may be the best scenario for everyone if we're looking at an immediate exit strategy. This is the perfect spot for an administration looking for a way out, as fans would be ambivalent (at best) about seeing him go, yet he'd still have enough steam to convince a Michigan-type to open up the checkbook;

- Upset in the Elite Eight and we're not far from the previous scenario-- I don't like the word "upset" and think it leaves a worse taste in fan's mouths though. If Kentucky goes in as a #3 or #4, that'd mean the highest seed that they could be upset by in this round would be a 7 or 8. This is the first point on the continuum where the end result could be incompatible with how far the team actually advanced;

- Lose to a higher seed in the Sweet 16 and it won't be pretty, but it won't be as ugly as an upset; this is probably the mid-point, and there'd be some variation depending on how close the game was and how far the team who beat us advanced (for instance, a last second heart-breaker to #1 overall seed and eventual champion Houston would be much different than going in as a 5 and taking a sixteen point loss to 4th seeded Illinois);

- Lose to a higher seed in the Elite Eight and we're essentially in the same boat as the last scenario, but the waters aren't quite as choppy. If we're a #4 or #5 seed, we'd be unable to meet a #1 here, so it'd have to be a #2 or #3; if we go in as a #3, then a losing to a #1 is still in play;

-Upset in the Final Four and people are heartbroken; some are upset, but most in the group were already there prior to this loss; others see moderate success and see a Final Four as an achievement in and of itself. Here, few fan's opinion of Cal changes and everyone uses the result to further dig into their position. I also don't know that a coach has been fired (without cause) in the off-season immediately following a Final Four run and think that this would buy Cal at least two more years;

-Lose to a higher seed in the Final Four and fewer are upset, plus there may be some Cal skeptics or apologists who see this as enough of a reason to soften their stance and jump to the other team, or at least reserve judgment for awhile;

-Upset in the National Championship: Pretty much the same scenario as above, just with the wrinkle of being "upset". Cal haters would be unhappy at being upset by someone of an equal or lower seed (especially if we go in as a #4), but others would discount them and the season would be seen as an overall success once the sting wore off;

-Win a National Championship: Keep dreaming.
UltraNuclear #OneTrickPonyTina 4 Oregon - Rich Lee
@hardlee73
Imagine what Kentucky taxpayers will be on the hook for when this public servant retires.

Google Mike Bellotti PERS
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • RunItUpTheGut
The man has made over 90 million since his last title.

He’s the most overpaid employee of all time.
To his players(who are on the verge of becoming very wealthy with Cal's guidance and expertice) , Coach Plato is worth every penny he has been paid. They support him 100%.
Bump

Get that piece of shit out of here.

Told yall 8 years ago to fire this hack of an egotistical piece of garbage and Nooooooo let’s continue to suck.
We are now officially the laughingstock of college basketball.
(03-21-2024, 10:31 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: We are now officially the laughingstock of college basketball.

Hug your wife and kids Van, and just be thankful for the journey.
Don’t worry. If I start a poll we will still have absolute losers on here that say he needs to stay
  •  Previous
  • 16(current)