Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Year in the 15th Region
With this years 15th region action wrapping up lets look ahead to next year. Who loses the most from graduation? Who has the most coming back. Here is what I know about the 57th district.

Magoffin County will be hit very hard by graduation. The trio of seniors will be sorely missed early on but I look for the team to be competitive come March. Ashley Hall will be the go to scorer next season and defense will be the key for them to win.

Sheldon Clark loses a ton of scoring and it will most likely be a rebuilding year in Inez. I look for Carla Booth to come into her own next season and IMO they will go as far as she carries them.

Lawrence County loses its nucleus but may suprise some teams come March. IMO though they will really have trouble winning 10 games next season.

Paintsville loses super senior Kendra Carroll and role player Logan Vanhoose. They will more than likely have to find someone to replace KC's scoring but can they find anyone who plays defense the way she did? IMO they will battle hard all season long and suprise many teams in the region.

Johnson Central loses Brianna Ritz but will gain Celena Conley and get BB Salyers back from injury. This team will go as far as they want as long as they play together. Gettin Conley back will def. help their scoring and IMO they could be one of the top 3 teams in the region and the early favorite to win the 57th.

Now, everyone else elaborate and post what you know about the 57th, 58th, 59th, and 60th districts as we look ahead to another great season in 2008.
i would have to say PC has the most coming back despite the loss of ratliff, belfry losses alot, Valley losses Fleming which is a huge loss but they will still be strong...
Who did Belfry and SV lose? I know that PC loses Haley and MC loses their big 3 but just wondering about the other 2 teams that made it to the semi's this year. I also thought someone posted somewhere that P-burg had some talent returning.
Belfry loses Moon, Robinette, and maybe one more but have some good talent coming from the middle school.
Next do they lose Deskins??
shes a junior NOW!
ahhhh ic ic she is a dandy...
Shelby Valley only loses Esther, but that is a MAJOR loss, but the lady cats will be ready to roll next year.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:ahhhh ic ic she is a dandy...

Yeah she is a JR.

Pruitt, Staten, and Thacker will be the key to the team next year though.
All I know is that you've got another good senior class with Lowe at PC, Roberts at Valley, Deskins at Belfry, and I'm not sure if Hall at Magoffin will be a senior or not. The future looks bright...
roundball gal Wrote:All I know is that you've got another good senior class with Lowe at PC, Roberts at Valley, Deskins at Belfry, and I'm not sure if Hall at Magoffin will be a senior or not. The future looks bright...

Hall from MC will be a junioe next season...
All_Sport#1 Wrote:Hall from MC will be a junioe next season...

Belfry, seems like Shae has been there for ever. LOL She has been a good one. Her and Pruitt back Belfry will be alright.

Magoffin, will be alright, returning three girls who have started throughout the year, Adams, A. Hall, Powers. Minix, Prater and K. Hall also seen some good minutes during the Year. B. Marshall, was sidlined most of the year with an injury and if healthy, will make MC stronger on the inside, with Adams and Prater both over 6' tall.

Betsy Lane, Very young team who made the regions, they have a very good coach, they should make some noise in the region.

Pike Central, At or near the top of the region, losing Ratliff, returning four starters.

Johnson Central, with Conley, a top team, would have been this year with her had she played. With out her, they still will be a good team.

Shelby Valley, loses Flemming, They will be alright with Perkins and Roberts, who play very hard.

I pick Johnson Central (if Conley plays) and Pike Central to be the top two teams. in the Region.
One girl that Belfry loses that no one has mentioned is the Trout girl. I think she will be the biggest loss to Belfry, just because of her intensity and speed. She was almost always the shortest players on the floor but she more than made up for it in Heart! SV also has Kayla Cantrell returning, she was only a freshman this year and in my opinion was the second best pure shooter in the region this year right behind Brittany Manns from MC. In my opinion, PC, Belfry, JC, and SV will be the best teams in the region next year. All four teams lose some great players, but also return very talented core groups of players! I think these last two years have just been the beginning of great things to come for the 15th region!
i see magoffin co. still being very competitive next yr.. but will b better when this yrs group of shopmores..are seniors..
eaglehoops Wrote:With this years 15th region action wrapping up lets look ahead to next year. Who loses the most from graduation? Who has the most coming back. Here is what I know about the 57th district.

Magoffin County will be hit very hard by graduation. The trio of seniors will be sorely missed early on but I look for the team to be competitive come March. Ashley Hall will be the go to scorer next season and defense will be the key for them to win.

Sheldon Clark loses a ton of scoring and it will most likely be a rebuilding year in Inez. I look for Carla Booth to come into her own next season and IMO they will go as far as she carries them.

Lawrence County loses its nucleus but may suprise some teams come March. IMO though they will really have trouble winning 10 games next season.

Paintsville loses super senior Kendra Carroll and role player Logan Vanhoose. They will more than likely have to find someone to replace KC's scoring but can they find anyone who plays defense the way she did? IMO they will battle hard all season long and suprise many teams in the region.

Johnson Central loses Brianna Ritz but will gain Celena Conley and get BB Salyers back from injury. This team will go as far as they want as long as they play together. Gettin Conley back will def. help their scoring and IMO they could be one of the top 3 teams in the region and the early favorite to win the 57th.

Now, everyone else elaborate and post what you know about the 57th, 58th, 59th, and 60th districts as we look ahead to another great season in 2008.

Yea cause Booth is the only one on the team right, the only starter returning Rolleyes

NOT
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:i would have to say PC has the most coming back despite the loss of ratliff, belfry losses alot, Valley losses Fleming which is a huge loss but they will still be strong...
Looks good
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:i would have to say PC has the most coming back despite the loss of ratliff, belfry losses alot, Valley losses Fleming which is a huge loss but they will still be strong...
Looks good
1 pike central
2 johnson central
3 belfry
4 betsy layne
5 magoffin co
6 sv
7 east ridge
8 south floyd
1 Johnson Central
2 Belfry
3 Pike Central
4 Shelby Valley
5 Paintsville
6 Sheldon Clark
7 Magoffin Co
8 Lawrence Co
9 East Ridge
10 Betsy Layne
1-Pike Central
2-Shelby Valley
3-Belfry
4-Magoffin Co
5-Johnson Central
magic man Wrote:1-Pike Central
2-Shelby Valley
3-Belfry
4-Magoffin Co
5-Johnson Central

This one looks about right to me- it will be a close race between valley & PCC thou! -
considering how PCC still has Lowe & Valley has Roberts, Perkins, & Cantrell
it will be a really good game thats for sure!
1. Johnson Central- Talented Juniors next year, could be the best, but who knows?
2. Pike Central- Could easlily be 1, like their inside play of Slone, and Lowe, also Harris and Ratliff will be dangerous from the outside.
3. Belfry- Also could be 1, Deskins, Pruitt, and Thacker returning.
4. Magoffin Co.- The Lady Hornets will be affected by graduation, but they will suprise alot of people, remember the name Breanna Adams next year, by seasons end they will be dangerous.
5. Betsy Lane- Young team, this could be the year they get back on top.
mcfan1 Wrote:1. Johnson Central- Talented Juniors next year, could be the best, but who knows?
2. Pike Central- Could easlily be 1, like their inside play of Slone, and Lowe, also Harris and Ratliff will be dangerous from the outside.
4. Magoffin Co.- The Lady Hornets will be affected by graduation, but they will suprise alot of people, remember the name Breanna Adams next year, by seasons end they will be dangerous.

What about Shelby Valley
cards_athlete Wrote:1 Johnson Central
2 Belfry
3 Pike Central
4 Shelby Valley
5 Paintsville
6 Sheldon Clark
7 Magoffin Co
8 Lawrence Co
9 East Ridge
10 Betsy Layne

How in the world do you put Paintsville and Sheldon Clark ahead of Magoffin for next year???? Smile Smile Smile
mcfan1 Wrote:1. Johnson Central- Talented Juniors next year, could be the best, but who knows?

Shelby Valley is a top 5 team!
I think it is as follows:

1. Pike Central
2. Johnson Central
3. Belfry
4. Shelby Valley
5. Paintsville
6. Magoffin Co.
7. Sheldon Clark
8. Lawrence Co.
9. East Ridge
10. Betsy Layne

You wann know the sad part about this top ten. FOUR of the teams are from the 57th district. No wonder Regions isn't as competitive as it should be. A few of the better teams are all in the same district...lol...It's crazyness!
BIG_COUNTRY_06 Wrote:I think it is as follows:

1. Pike Central
2. Johnson Central
3. Belfry
4. Shelby Valley
5. Paintsville
6. Magoffin Co.
7. Sheldon Clark
8. Lawrence Co.
9. East Ridge
10. Betsy Layne

You wann know the sad part about this top ten. FOUR of the teams are from the 57th district. No wonder Regions isn't as competitive as it should be. A few of the better teams are all in the same district...lol...It's crazyness!
Actually make that FIVE, JC, Paitnsville, Magoffin, SC, and LC
top 5

1. Pike Central- Has a ton of talent returning...today as they played RHS where Haley only had 7 points and playing against 2 All-Staters who are D-1 signees, I think it is obvious how good they will be. Plus the additions of Hamilton and Hatmaker, tranfers from Pikeville will be huge for Butcher's Lady Hawks to repeat their success.

2. Johnson Central- Ended their season earlier than expected from post season expectations. They have alot of talent returning and a great coach behind them.

3. Belfry- A talented program which a coach who has come along this past season. Look for them to make alot of noise next March.

4. Valley- Had a great season and was a post season favorite. Riding on the back of Roberts and Cantrell I look for Napier and his Lady Cats to re-visit the Expo Center as one of the favorites.

5. Paintsville- A young team with a key loss of Caroll. Either way I look for this team to make some major noise next season year round.

15th region champ- If healthy Pike Central repeats.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:top 5

1. Pike Central- Has a ton of talent returning...today as they played RHS where Haley only had 7 points and playing against 2 All-Staters who are D-1 signees, I think it is obvious how good they will be. Plus the additions of Hamilton and Hatmaker, tranfers from Pikeville will be huge for Butcher's Lady Hawks to repeat their success.

2. Johnson Central- Ended their season earlier than expected from post season expectations. They have alot of talent returning and a great coach behind them.

3. Belfry- A talented program which a coach who has come along this past season. Look for them to make alot of noise next March.

4. Valley- Had a great season and was a post season favorite. Riding on the back of Roberts and Cantrell I look for Napier and his Lady Cats to re-visit the Expo Center as one of the favorites.

5. Paintsville- A young team with a key loss of Caroll. Either way I look for this team to make some major noise next season year round.

15th region champ- If healthy Pike Central repeats.
Look for her little sister to step up and take up some slack.
yeah i agree SAMCF she is going to be a dandy she will more than likely be their main weapon next season...