Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 KYMSFA Playoffs Round 2
LCKnight33 Wrote:I was more referring to shis wordings, of better, good, and great. So the only great team is the one that wins it all correct?

Not at all, the best team doesn't always win.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Not at all, the best team doesn't always win.

I am just having a little fun here, do you think Corbin will be the best team even if they don't win it all? I do believe you guys beat TK stone, and come out of your side, I am just not sure if I would take Elkorn Barrett or Taylor out of the other side.
The team that wins it all deserves to be called a great team. The rest are Really good or just good. real good beats good but sometimes real good plays bad and good beats them.But real good never beats Great. because if you were great you don't loose in the first place. idk knight33 I'm just shooting the S--t bud enjoying some rather nice football talk. Good luck to all the teams playing Conf. Championships tonight!!
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Your right but scrimmages don’t mean much and early season to late things change. But from what I gathered about your scrimmage with tc it was more like a 7on 7 format. Each team gets ten plays, if I was told correctly. Cant base much on this format because it isn’t game situation. At the high school level I have seen teams look like world beaters in 7on7 and not win a game during season,IMO.

I was told by a couple of the coaches from Boyle about the scrimmage and from what I gathered it was a full scrimmage can't swear to it I didn't attend.
Playing without their Starting running back and linebacker the whole game and Their starting Qb the whole 2nd half, Taylor lost in OT to Bardstown 14-8. TC not healthy at all going into this game with Boyle. I wish them good luck and hope they can keep things respectable.
Wildcat78 Wrote:Playing without their Starting running back and linebacker the whole game and Their starting Qb the whole 2nd half, Taylor lost in OT to Bardstown 14-8. TC not healthy at all going into this game with Boyle. I wish them good luck and hope they can keep things respectable.

Taylor lost to Bardstown? Even without those two players I am going to have to drastically changed my opinion. I guess Boyle may take region two after all.
Wildcat78 Wrote:Playing without their Starting running back and linebacker the whole game and Their starting Qb the whole 2nd half, Taylor lost in OT to Bardstown 14-8. TC not healthy at all going into this game with Boyle. I wish them good luck and hope they can keep things respectable.

That stinks, win or lose you want to play against the best and sounds like Taylor will not be at their best.
What type of offense does Taylor county run?
Jack Lambert Wrote:What type of offense does Taylor county run?

In the past they always ran the wishbone an that Georgia Tech set. I don't know if they are still doing that since they changed coaches at the high school.
LCKnight33 Wrote:In the past they always ran the wishbone an that Georgia Tech set. I don't know if they are still doing that since they changed coaches at the high school.

Boyle's 8th grade is pretty much like the High school if you're going to beat them you're going to have to be able to throw the ball, no one has been able to run the ball on their defense all season not enough to make a difference anyway they're only allowing around 6 points per game, and averageing around 55 points per game they've outscored their first two playoff opponents 101-6.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Boyle's 8th grade is pretty much like the High school if you're going to beat them you're going to have to be able to throw the ball, no one has been able to run the ball on their defense all season not enough to make a difference anyway they're only allowing around 6 points per game, and averageing around 55 points per game they've outscored their first two playoff opponents 101-6.

Most 1 seeds did just that, the competition just like the KHSAA tournament is normally poor in the first couple of rounds. You guys are actually stepping up to the plate in playing in the tournament this year, but you will learn that most people know who will make it to the 3rd round by seeding alone. This is when it gets fun, unfortunately I don't think Taylor can compete if they are missing players and have injuries. With their full stable of players I think they would have beaten Boyle
I mean Corbin has won 72-24 which is a huge blowout wins as well.
LCKnight33 Wrote:I mean Corbin has won 72-24 which is a huge blowout wins as well.

Which is pretty impressive when you consider that Corbin plays in region 4. The best region in middle school football.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Which is pretty impressive when you consider that Corbin plays in region 4. The best region in middle school football.

I have been very adamant that I think Corbin is the favorite, but how do you crown region 4 as the kings of middle school football? From what I have seen region 4 plays an old school style of football that hasn't evolved much into current day football.

I know, my team did not have a great year this season, but lets be realistic, LC, Taylor, Elkhorn, Casey, Boyle are all doing more advanced formations and plays than most of eastern kentucky
Region 4 as best in middle school is probably due to the crazy amount of state titles that region has won.

I’m taking Barret, Corbin, TK stone. The Boyle/taylor game is gonna be a battle and too close for me to call.

Barret V Corbin is gonna be my D2 title game.
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:Region 4 as best in middle school is probably due to the crazy amount of state titles that region has won.

I’m taking Barret, Corbin, TK stone. The Boyle/taylor game is gonna be a battle and too close for me to call.

Barret V Corbin is gonna be my D2 title game.

What type of offense does Corbin and Barret run.
I assume Corbin runs what they always have and Barret runs a tad of everything.
LCKnight33 Wrote:I have been very adamant that I think Corbin is the favorite, but how do you crown region 4 as the kings of middle school football? From what I have seen region 4 plays an old school style of football that hasn't evolved much into current day football.

I know, my team did not have a great year this season, but lets be realistic, LC, Taylor, Elkhorn, Casey, Boyle are all doing more advanced formations and plays than most of eastern kentucky

You need to get out more.
Why does it have to evolve if it’s winning titles?
LCKnight33 Wrote:I have been very adamant that I think Corbin is the favorite, but how do you crown region 4 as the kings of middle school football? From what I have seen region 4 plays an old school style of football that hasn't evolved much into current day football.

I think you forget what region has won a list every title

Just based on the number of titles won. I'm mean think about it. Corbin, northern, belfry, and johnson central were all region 4 up until this season. This year johnson went to region 3. In not saying that there aren't really good teams in the other regions too. There are teams in every region who could beat anybody on a given day. I just think there are more really good teams in region 4 than any other region. As far as offensive style goes, a more "modern" offense has nothing to do with the quality of a team. I'll take execution over scheme any day.
2008 7th Grade Bowling Green
2008 8th Grade Bluegrass Middle
2009 7th Grade Corbin
2009 8th Grade Division 2 Somerset Meece
2009 8th Grade Division 1 Bowling Green
2010 7th Grade Northern Pulaski
2010 8th Grade Division 3 Williamsburg
2010 8th Grade Division 2 Corbin
2010 8th Grade Division 1 Southern Pulaski
2011 7th Grade Southern Pulaski
2011 8th Grade Division 3 Somerset Meece
2011 8th Grade Division 2 Christian Academy Louisville
2011 8th Grade Division 1 Northern Pulaski
2012 7th Grade Johnson County
2012 8th Grade Division 3 Butler County
2012 8th Grade Division 2 Belfry
2012 8th Grade Division 1 Southern Pulaski
2013 7th Grade Corbin
2013 8th Grade Division 3 Lexington Christian Academy
2013 8th Grade Division 2 Belfry
2013 8th Grade Division 1 Johnson County
2014 7th Grade Johnson County
2014 8th Grade Division 3 Christian Academy Louisville
2014 8th Grade Division 2 Belfry
2014 8th Grade Division 1 Corbin
2015 7th Grade Northern Pulaski
2015 8th Grade Division 3 Christian Academy Louisville
2015 8th Grade Division 2 Belfry
2015 8th Grade Division 1 Johnson County
2016 7th Grade Northern Pulaski
2016 8th Grade Division 3 New Harlan
2016 8th Grade Division 2 TK Stone
2016 8th Grade Division 1 Newburg
Looks to me like the state champions of the past are pretty evenly distributed. I don't see one region that has dominated at all.
LCKnight33 Wrote:Looks to me like the state champions of the past are pretty evenly distributed. I don't see one region that has dominated at all.

I'm not 100% positive, but I think out of the above list around 20-23 out of 33 champions came out of Region 4.
2008 7th Grade Bowling Green

2009 7th Grade Corbin (REGION 4)
2009 8th Grade Division 2 Somerset Meece (REGION 2)
2009 8th Grade Division 1 Bowling Green (REGION 1)

2010 7th Grade Northern Pulaski (REGION 2)
2010 8th Grade Division 3 Williamsburg (REGION 2)
2010 8th Grade Division 2 Corbin (REGION 2)
2010 8th Grade Division 1 Southern Pulaski (REGION 2)

2011 7th Grade Southern Pulaski (REGION 2)
2011 8th Grade Division 3 Somerset Meece (REGION 2)
2011 8th Grade Division 2 Christian Academy Louisville (REGION 3)
2011 8th Grade Division 1 Northern Pulaski (REGION 2)

2012 7th Grade Johnson County (REGION 4)
2012 8th Grade Division 3 Butler County (REGION 1)
2012 8th Grade Division 2 Belfry (REGION 4)
2012 8th Grade Division 1 Southern Pulaski (REGION 4)

2013 7th Grade Corbin (REGION 4)
2013 8th Grade Division 3 Lexington Christian Academy (REGION 3)
2013 8th Grade Division 2 Belfry (REGION 4)
2013 8th Grade Division 1 Johnson County (REGION 4)

2014 7th Grade Johnson County (REGION 4)
2014 8th Grade Division 3 Christian Academy Louisville (REGION 3)
2014 8th Grade Division 2 Belfry (REGION 4)
2014 8th Grade Division 1 Corbin (REGION 4)

2015 7th Grade Northern Pulaski (REGION 4)
2015 8th Grade Division 3 Christian Academy Louisville (REGION 3)
2015 8th Grade Division 2 Belfry (REGION 4)
2015 8th Grade Division 1 Johnson County (REGION 4)

2016 7th Grade Northern Pulaski (REGION 4)
2016 8th Grade Division 3 New Harlan (REGION 4)
2016 8th Grade Division 2 TK Stone (REGION 1)
2016 8th Grade Division 1 Newburg (REGION 3)

So there is the break down a little more, there CLEARLY is a dominate region.

If you look at the names and current regions, you will see that (current) region 4 teams have won roughly 20 state titles since inception. That seems pretty dominant.
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:2008 7th Grade Bowling Green

2009 7th Grade Corbin (REGION 4)
2009 8th Grade Division 2 Somerset Meece (REGION 2)
2009 8th Grade Division 1 Bowling Green (REGION 1)

2010 7th Grade Northern Pulaski (REGION 2)
2010 8th Grade Division 3 Williamsburg (REGION 2)
2010 8th Grade Division 2 Corbin (REGION 2)
2010 8th Grade Division 1 Southern Pulaski (REGION 2)

2011 7th Grade Southern Pulaski (REGION 2)
2011 8th Grade Division 3 Somerset Meece (REGION 2)
2011 8th Grade Division 2 Christian Academy Louisville (REGION 3)
2011 8th Grade Division 1 Northern Pulaski (REGION 2)

2012 7th Grade Johnson County (REGION 4)
2012 8th Grade Division 3 Butler County (REGION 1)
2012 8th Grade Division 2 Belfry (REGION 4)
2012 8th Grade Division 1 Southern Pulaski (REGION 4)

2013 7th Grade Corbin (REGION 4)
2013 8th Grade Division 3 Lexington Christian Academy (REGION 3)
2013 8th Grade Division 2 Belfry (REGION 4)
2013 8th Grade Division 1 Johnson County (REGION 4)

2014 7th Grade Johnson County (REGION 4)
2014 8th Grade Division 3 Christian Academy Louisville (REGION 3)
2014 8th Grade Division 2 Belfry (REGION 4)
2014 8th Grade Division 1 Corbin (REGION 4)

2015 7th Grade Northern Pulaski (REGION 4)
2015 8th Grade Division 3 Christian Academy Louisville (REGION 3)
2015 8th Grade Division 2 Belfry (REGION 4)
2015 8th Grade Division 1 Johnson County (REGION 4)

2016 7th Grade Northern Pulaski (REGION 4)
2016 8th Grade Division 3 New Harlan (REGION 4)
2016 8th Grade Division 2 TK Stone (REGION 1)
2016 8th Grade Division 1 Newburg (REGION 3)

So there is the break down a little more, there CLEARLY is a dominate region.

If you look at the names and current regions, you will see that (current) region 4 teams have won roughly 20 state titles since inception. That seems pretty dominant.

It does look dominant but I think the reason being is a lot of the more dominant programs across the state don't participate in the state title tournament in middle school, my reason for saying this is that this group of schools other than Belfry has not won many high school state titles.
Jack Lambert Wrote:It does look dominant but I think the reason being is a lot of the more dominant programs across the state don't participate in the state title tournament in middle school, my reason for saying this is that this group of schools other than Belfry has not won any high school state titles.

Johnson Central and Pulaski County has
Was gonna say I know pulaski and Johnson both have. Belfry has as you said and the rest are top in there districts. So it translates.
does anyone know the schedule for the semi and championship games in lex next weekend?
QUOTE=Jack Lambert;2092121]It does look dominant but I think the reason being is a lot of the more dominant programs across the state don't participate in the state title tournament in middle school, my reason for saying this is that this group of schools other than Belfry has not won many high school state titles.[/QUOTE]

If a team doesn't participate that doesn't take away the fact others won titles. Our region is loaded with good football, and as you can tell by the championships the region usually holds its own. I am not being a jerk, I honestly hope Boyle makes it to championship as does Corbin, I am feeling pretty good about that match up. As to the part about Belfry they don't pull em across the border till they get a chance to watch them grow as players the they take what they need to build power house program. That was not a shot at belfry either, so I don't want anyone to get butt hurt. I am saying that the studs like to play for Haywood not come and play middle school.