Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayweather v. McGregor PPV Price
The Boxing vs. MMA mega fight will be a Knockout to your wallet.

$89.95 for Standard Def.
$99.95 for High Def.

This is insane. Pay Per View as we knew it in the 80's, 90's & early 00's is dead and by dead, I mean it doesn't mean what it used to. We can watch the replay on YouTube right after the event for free and there are Streams all over the internet for free. You can't tell me this fight will generate more money that a Super Bowl or the NBA finals. This fight should be in Prime Time on a major network (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX). Boxing is dead yet, this fight won't save boxing. Winning the Alphabet Soup of the big four Boxing titles (WBC, WBA, WBO, IBF) doesn't mean as much as it once did. There are still pending lawsuits from the Mayweather vs. Pacquiao fight last year. People are suing saying they didn't get their money worth. After the robbery job we saw just a few weeks ago in the Pacquiao vs. Horn match on ESPN, why would somebody pay this insane PPV price to watch one of four things... A VERY boring 12 round snooze-fest, a controversial decision win for Mayweather, a Mayweather win by Split decision or a Draw. A Draw wouldn't surprise me, that would set-up a re-match. A Knockout or TKO win for either fighter would be shocking either way.

The WWE Network has set the ground work for all PPV/Streaming services. Only $9.99 a month for every PPV, as many times as you want to watch it. It's little stuff like this that has killed Boxing & MMA PPV buy rates.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
I will watch for free online.