Poll: Do you think the UK basketball program needs to go in a new direction?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
63.64%
No
20.45%
Wait until the season is over
15.91%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want Tubby out threads...here
This is a joke people. We lose 4 in a row to Vandy and lost 9 this year. When people fess up and grow some balls everyone should say Tubyb should go.
Couldn't you just post in one of the other 20 threads? Why start a new one? Didn't UK lose 4 in a row to Vandy in 73-74? I think UK recovered then. It seems to me that they might recover again.

But I forgot. We're the big bad dynasty with 3 titles since 1960. My we're so good.
Its time for a change stu
golfman42 Wrote:Its time for a change stu

Well come seasons' end it might be but gee man, another thread?

Nice argument by the way.
It's sickening. It's time for him to go. You would have to be in serious denial to not realize we need a coach.. Why is Crawford running the point with the game on the line. Sheray isn't a scoring threat.. Why was he even on the court. Tubby makes some of the most bizarre substitutions patterns. Put some scorers on the floor..

I will officially become a UL fan if coaches changes are not made.
Hey Stu---time for a change man-----now !
Its getting bad, very bad. And right now its at its peek.
Uh....just in case if not said this before. TUBBY MUST GO!!!
It amazes me how someone can defend Tubby Smith.
My goodness. This season isn't going good but a coaching change wouldn't make an immediate change. You all would just complain when the new one loses a game, and want him out right away.

I'm reserving judgment for the end of the season I think because that's what matters anyways.
-STATS- Wrote:Its getting bad, very bad. And right now its at its peek.

I think last year was at the peak.
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:It amazes me how someone can defend Tubby Smith.

I agree with ya GKS.
Look at this....
Seniors- Bobby Perry, Lukazs Orbzut, Sheray Thomas...Any of these guys wouldnt play at a top 15 team.
Juniors- Bradley, Crawford, Morris...2 Mcdonalds all americans and bradley and crawford commit 75% of our turnovers
Sophomores- Jared Carter...Hurt wouldnt make a difference anyway
Freshman- Meeks, Jasper, Harris, Porter, Perry and Coury....4 of those guys spend their time riding the pine

It seems that Tuuby likes to recruit players who might be good at a mid major not in the sec
Tubby needs to get some Kentucky boys who respect the game and have the heart to go out and win and would really appreciate putting on the UK uniform night in and night out. The guys out there now are just riding their scholarship and getting through college.
Disco Stu Wrote:I think last year was at the peak.

This is just another season in a trend of downward spiraling that UK has been under the last few seasons........quote all the Tubby numbers you want to me you know bottom line the downward spiraling is true...........how many consecutive 10+ loss seasons is this going to be now????? How many did Pitino have? 1? And we were on probation-------no sensible defense can even be made for this fiasco...............and not blocking out the shooter on a freethrow........
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Tubby needs to get some Kentucky boys who respect the game and have the heart to go out and win and would really appreciate putting on the UK uniform night in and night out. The guys out there now are just riding their scholarship and getting through college.

Smile Get Kentucky boys and not win 10 games a season.
Id give my right foot to get Pitino back.
Dont forget the fact that we havent beat a ranked team this year.
firetubbyplease! Wrote:This is just another season in a trend of downward spiraling that UK has been under the last few seasons........quote all the Tubby numbers you want to me you know bottom line the downward spiraling is true...........how many consecutive 10+ loss seasons is this going to be now????? How many did Pitino have? 1? And we were on probation-------no sensible defense can even be made for this fiasco...............and not blocking out the shooter on a freethrow........

Wow. A downward spiral of 2 consecutive 10 loss seasons. Let's all go jump off of a bridge because it's the end of times.

I don't know what you guys have built in your heads about Kentucky basketball but the dynasty that is Kentucky isn't what you guys think.

3 National Titles in the last 48 years. Playing in the weakest conference in the country up until the last few years.

Yeah this is an awful downward spiral.
Disco Stu Wrote:My goodness. This season isn't going good but a coaching change wouldn't make an immediate change. You all would just complain when the new one loses a game, and want him out right away.

I'm reserving judgment for the end of the season I think because that's what matters anyways.

It couldn't get much worse.. 4 straight losses to Vandy.. 6 or so to Florida.. Barely making the NCAA.. May not even make it this year..
I wouldn't complain.. We are pretty much become the doormat of the SEC..

I admit Kentucky has talent and a "quality coach" would be able to get the best out this talent.. No way it could get any worse.. The probation team was better than this..

As far as how the season will end.. Well if Kentucky gets into the NCAA tourny you probably looking at 9 or 10 seed.. 8 at best. This team isn't going to be a cinderella story if thats what your hoping for.
golfman42 Wrote:Id give my right foot to get Pitino back.

You can have him back, by being a Louisville fan.
TorQQue.

It could get much worse. It's not that bad.

Kentucky will make the NCAA this year, and will be a 7 or 8 seed at the worst.

Tied for the 3rd best record in the SEC, yet we're the doormat of the league?

The probation team was not close to this.
Does he even have an offense for when they go zone against. If he does he must be waiting to see if we get in the tourney to use it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
golfman42 Wrote:Dont forget the fact that we havent beat a ranked team this year.

We won't either.. I wouldn't be surpised if we lose to georgia on senior night. A loss georgia, a loss to florida and lose the opening round of sec tourny.. NIT bound.. Looking forward to filling out my NIT brackett:devilflam
Smile I'm out of here. Have fun bickering amongst yourselves. I'm sure you guys will bring some new evidence to light and single handedly cause a coaching change.

Kentucky basketball will be fine.
Disco Stu Wrote:You can have him back, by being a Louisville fan.

Im a Louisville fan? Are you kidding me im looking at the best interest for Kentucky cause UK is going nowhere with Tubby......Look Stu when has UK been out of the top 25 like they have been over the last two years and the recruiting is getting terrible. Look who Pitino brought in...Delk, Walker, Mccarty, Anderson...all played in the NBA...the only player Smith has got is Prince and Hayes....year in and year out Pitino had a good team tubby is had a mediocre team since 2000
golfman42 Wrote:year in and year out Pitino had a good team tubby is had a mediocre team since 2000

I have to comment on this and laugh about it. He has been to the NIT twice at Louisville and lost 3 straight to Kentucky. He does not put a good product on the floor every single year.
The committee looks at how your finished the season.. Kentucky has lost 4 of its last 5.. If we lose to georgia, florida and the first round of the SEC we would have lost 7 of our last 8.. Beaten no ranked opponents,,How do we get in?
I love it,,grown men crying,,I am waiting on alfus,,cant wait to hear his usual excuses.I get so excited when the Cats lose because I love to hear you all show how little you know and all the excuses.Go cards!!
Catwoman you should not even get on here.Your a trouble maker.Bad enough losing like we did but then reading your posts is sickening.Go Cats
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next