Poll: Do you think the UK basketball program needs to go in a new direction?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
63.64%
No
20.45%
Wait until the season is over
15.91%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 10(current)
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want Tubby out threads...here
Arbys Man Wrote:Worst Coach at UK ever?

Most definitely. At least Eddie Sutton could recruit.
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:Most definitely. At least Eddie Sutton could recruit.

Illegally
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:Illegally

Not if you don't get caught.....Big Grin
Things Smith has done as UK coach:
  • 15 straight NCAA tourney appearance
  • Only 4 coaches have won more games than Tubby in their fist 16 seasons
  • Only 5 active coaches have a better NCAA tourney winning %
  • Only 2 coaches have been to more consecutive NCAA tourneys (about to be one after Lute Olson fails this year)
  • Just 4 years ago Tubby won 26 straight games (With own players)
  • 2003 unanimous decision for Coach of the Year
  • #1 seed in NCAA tourney 3 seasons ago
  • 2 years ago, a double overtime loss away from final 4
I guess none of this means anything now though? :confused:

Not saying that I want him to stay or go, just food for the thought.
The man cant recruit these players he gets have no talent and end up doing nothing as of late there is only 4 players on this team that impress me this year and maybe 2 of them will play ball after life at uk but i doubt it he can take a good player and turn him into garbage i say get him out of there.
Arbys Man Wrote:Worst Coach at UK ever?
I dont know about all that now Eddie Sutton was bad as well maybe not as bad, or not there long enough.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Fletcher Declares State of Emergency in Kentucky
Governor Ernie Fletcher has asked President George Bush to declare a federal state of emergency in Kentucky due to the Wildcat's three game losing streak. Governor Fletcher had already declared a local state of emergency when the cats lost two pointless games in a row, however the second three game losing streak of the season prompted desperate measures.
"I have determined that two losing streaks of such magnitude in one season are more than out local government can burden. This past year has brought us many disasters, from Hurricane Katrina to, well, Hurricane Katrina. The death and devastation of that natural disaster pales in comparison to the loss that Kentucky fans are feeling right now. The only way to recover is federal funding which will be wasted by a state run task force."
Suggestions on how to use the soon to be received money are pouring in. Among the favorites are purchasing thousands of paper bags and dog poop to light on Tubby Smith and/or Rick Pitino's front porches or buy a time machine to go back to the "glory days" or Kentucky basketball. Another popular suggestion is purchasing a "fountain of youth." The task force would kidnap Travis Ford, Dan Issel, Jamal Mashburn, and Antoine Walker and throw them in the fountain when no one is looking. Last but not least, many fans would like a portion of the money so they can buy back their souls from Satan.
http://www.FireTubbySmith.com
That is hilarious Arbys Man.

Billy grahmn is a great man too but maybe not a good coach.I would still rather have a good christian man like tubby than some young guy who have no belief sysyem at all other than anything goes!!!
Batpuff Wrote:I dont know about all that now Eddie Sutton was bad as well maybe not as bad, or not there long enough.
Batbuff Im sure he had a 33-2 season.
moofer Wrote:This is ludacris. I think Tubby has had agreat career at UK. I hope he is here for many more years. People are just ignorant and have no idea what class is. Tubby is a fine outstanding man and a good coach. Give him a break.

The type of fan I am, I want championships and Tubby can’t bring that to UK. Yea he did it in ‘98 but that team could have won a championship about anyone... I agree tubby is an excellent coach, just not for the school with the most wins in college basketball history.. I can’t take us being not ranked... High expectations I do have because I’m used to the teams from my childhood like in 96 97 98 99 and on up. UK was always ranked and this year we didn’t beat a ranked team... and look what talent.. these past few years have been pitiful .. But I don’t see how a TRUE BLUE FAN can look at a what has been going on lately and still be happy....I say fire Tubby though only if we can get some one better!
It's now gone global. Tubby and the Mildcats are being trash talked in Iraq. Also, word on possible Stevenson transfer talk.
I wouldn't be so critical of him, if his players acted like they had a purpose or showed some emotion. They act like they don't even care whether they win or lose, he calls a time out to set up a play and they don't know it, the clock is running out and they are at the top of the key dribbling the air out of it.

As far as being classy goes, it doesen't get you any wins!
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:Not if you don't get caught.....Big Grin

Yes, whether you get caught or not it is still illegal. If i kill a man, it is illegal, whether im caught or not.
There is no way Patterson will go to UK... He is not that stupid.. Hell, right now, I wouldn't even wanna play for the Wildcats, or shall we call them Pussycats
mrfootball03 Wrote:There is no way Patterson will go to UK... He is not that stupid.. Hell, right now, I wouldn't even wanna play for the Wildcats, or shall we call them Pussycats

Sadly enough, most of the top high school players around the country feel the same way you do. IMO, Tubby's style of play and the fact that so many have transferred out of the program is the main reason for this. Tubby has no one to blame but himself.
Just because Tubby is a great guy isnt going to win games. You cant blame everything on the players Tub. Its mostly your fault as well. Drain the Tub
Homer Simpson Wrote:The type of fan I am, I want championships and Tubby can’t bring that to UK. Yea he did it in ‘98 but that team could have won a championship about anyone... I agree tubby is an excellent coach, just not for the school with the most wins in college basketball history.. I can’t take us being not ranked... High expectations I do have because I’m used to the teams from my childhood like in 96 97 98 99 and on up. UK was always ranked and this year we didn’t beat a ranked team... and look what talent.. these past few years have been pitiful .. But I don’t see how a TRUE BLUE FAN can look at a what has been going on lately and still be happy....I say fire Tubby though only if we can get some one better!

I grew up a die-hard UK fan (in basketball anyways) during those years you listed, and now I could care less because they're horrible and it's his fault
Tricky Wrote:I wouldn't be so critical of him, if his players acted like they had a purpose or showed some emotion. They act like they don't even care whether they win or lose, he calls a time out to set up a play and they don't know it, the clock is running out and they are at the top of the key dribbling the air out of it.

Guess who recruited those players............

I can’t remember the last time UK wasn’t ranked before this…………. I may have been in diapers........ or not even alive
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
This thread is to long time to move on and start others.
  •  Previous
  • 10(current)