•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middle School Conferences 2017
Pigskin222 Wrote:I meant both schools are in pulaski county Dumb arse. If I'm going to drive to pulaski to win or lose, I'd rather get 30 points if we win instead of 10. Corbin said the same thing. They wanted Meece out and southern in for the same reason.

And about school B, southern. We have played the last 2 years, this will be our 3rd consecutive year playing. For you to say southern is down or weak is ridiculous. Pretty sure they knocked us out of state 2015, then knocked northern out. That has nothing to do with us wanting them in the conference.

Ok then why didnt Northern Pulaski get an invite to the conference?
Wildcat18 Wrote:Why isn't School C listed in this analogy?

You and I know why, its because they are worth 0 points.
plantmanky Wrote:Show us a fact you have posted. I will wait.

I've posted more facts than you have. I'm telling it like it is and you are pissed cause you know I'm right.

Fact #1 corbin recruits
Fact #2 the root beer stand is overrated
Fact #3 corbin and Meece are good football programs.
Fact #4 there is a new conference which consists of north laurel, south laurel, southern Pulaski, Whitley and clay county. This is called the Cumberland valley conference aka "cupcake conference"
Fact #5 north Laurel athletic director and administration has cancelled games(in multiple sports) with corbin due to recent recruiting.
Fact #6 a junior and sixth grader from north Laurel (brothers) are now going to corbin. They still live in London. The younger brother was going to stay until the older brother transfer was under investigation, they moved the younger brother to make it look like a legit move.
Fact #6 it's hard to argue with an idiot.
Fact #7 everyone is a lot tougher behind a computer screen.
Fact #8 corbin high school tried to and almost was successful in the recruiting of north laurels high best running back. I've seen the text messages from this player. Nice effort corbin, your strategy is applauded. He had a nice visit.
Fact #9 North Laurel will play Meece if they want to play.
Fact #10 I'm over this thread
Fact #11 it's only march, you can find games.
plantmanky Wrote:Ok then why didnt Northern Pulaski get an invite to the conference?

How about you invite them to your new conference? Or join theirs. They would be glad to have you.
Pigskin222 Wrote:I've posted more facts than you have. I'm telling it like it is and you are pissed cause you know I'm right.

Fact #1 corbin recruits
Fact #4 there is a new conference which consists of north laurel, south laurel, southern Pulaski, Whitley and clay county. This is called the Cumberland valley conference aka "cupcake conference"
Fact #5 north Laurel athletic director and administration has cancelled games(in multiple sports) with corbin due to recent recruiting.
Fact #6 a junior and sixth grader from north Laurel (brothers) are now going to corbin. They still live in London. The younger brother was going to stay until the older brother transfer was under investigation, they moved the younger brother to make it look like a legit move.
Fact #8 corbin high school tried to and almost was successful in the recruiting of north laurels high best running back. I've seen the text messages from this player. Nice effort corbin, your strategy is applauded. He had a nice visit.

That's disappointing you feel that way about the RBS, did you try the chili and the Dixie burger.
plantmanky Wrote:You and I know why, its because they are worth 0 points.

I was unaware that Northern was moved to Division 4.
Pigskin222 Wrote:How about you invite them to your new conference? Or join theirs. They would be glad to have you.

They don't have a conference. Southern and Whitley left and obliterated it. I guess they could have a 2-team conference with Knox since they're the only two left.

To be fair, Northern still plays everyone in the old conference, just not able to gain the point bonus for winning it. Let's be honest, those extra points don't really help anyone seeding-wise anyway.
Pigskin222 Wrote:I've posted more facts than you have. I'm telling it like it is and you are pissed cause you know I'm right.

Fact #1 corbin recruits

You forgot a couple
Fact #12 you can't run during the playoffs.

Fact #13 Rootbeer stand is better than weavers every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
So How about that weak ACC? Didn't they blow it in the tourney...

Hope everyone comes to the KYMSFA Coaches Clinic this weekend. I will be there and whoever else is, should find me in one of the meetings or at the adult beverage stand (not sure if they'll have root beer or not)

Fact #1 corbin recruits

"Fact #1 - Corbin recruits." I would rephrase that to say Corbin recruits better than North Laurel. The Corbin program recruits itself. Players want to play for teams that win. It's just how it goes. Why would a wide receiver or a quarterback want to play in NL's offense? They have a very limited shot of playing at the next level at those positions. Guys like that know they would be better served in a system Corbin (or any other program) runs. Players aren't stupid. Some coaches are stubborn, some fans are oblivious.

I could tell some great stories of North Laurel's high school assistants doing some serious dirty years back as well. I would not throw stones. You don't want me to get into all of that.
[quote=Wildcat18]"Fact #1 - Corbin recruits." Why would a wide receiver or a quarterback want to play in NL's offense? They have a very limited shot of playing at the next level at those positions. Guys like that know they would be better served in a system Corbin (or any other program) runs. Players aren't stupid. Some coaches are stubborn, some fans are oblivious.
/QUOTE]

And how much does Belfry or Johnson Central Throw the ball. Didnt belfry send quite a few kids to college?
diceman Wrote:[quote=Wildcat18]"Fact #1 - Corbin recruits." Why would a wide receiver or a quarterback want to play in NL's offense? They have a very limited shot of playing at the next level at those positions. Guys like that know they would be better served in a system Corbin (or any other program) runs. Players aren't stupid. Some coaches are stubborn, some fans are oblivious.
/QUOTE]

And how much does Belfry or Johnson Central Throw the ball. Didnt belfry send quite a few kids to college?

Did you just compare North Laurel to Belfry and Johnson Central? Pass me some of whatever you're smoking. On a serious note, it's apples and oranges. How many wide receivers from Belfry will play the same position in college?
Wildcat18 Wrote:[quote=diceman]

Did you just compare North Laurel to Belfry and Johnson Central? Pass me some of whatever you're smoking. On a serious note, it's apples and oranges. How many wide receivers from Belfry will play the same position in college?

I'm not comparing anyone. I'm just stating that you say the style of running the ball can't get skill kids to college. IMO that's not true.
diceman Wrote:[quote=Wildcat18]"Fact #1 - Corbin recruits." Why would a wide receiver or a quarterback want to play in NL's offense? They have a very limited shot of playing at the next level at those positions. Guys like that know they would be better served in a system Corbin (or any other program) runs. Players aren't stupid. Some coaches are stubborn, some fans are oblivious.
/QUOTE]

Not one of the kids Belfry sent to college played wide receiver, the quarterback was an option quarterback. If he doesn't pan out as a college qb, he is a good enough athlete to move to another position. That being said, how many kids did NORTH send to the college level this year? Don't live vicariously through successful programs who run similar styles of offense, then pretend you can do the same things they do.
how many points does a team get for winning a conference championship?
Single Wing 77 Wrote:[quote=diceman]

Not one of the kids Belfry sent to college played wide receiver, the quarterback was an option quarterback. If he doesn't pan out as a college qb, he is a good enough athlete to move to another position. That being said, how many kids did NORTH send to the college level this year? Don't live vicariously through successful programs who run similar styles of offense, then pretend you can do the same things they do.

I have no clue how many kids North sent to college.

So what your saying is that a coach should run an offense to help kids go to college even if it's not an offense they can do due to lack of skill, or ability and if it's something that don't help the team win?
You do realize not every team can do what other teams do?

Should a coach just try to get exposure for kids or try to win games because of what they do best.

Just what do you do if your qb isn't a good passer, huh?

You should probably try to understand what each team is able to do before bashing a team.
Just curious but how many kids from Corbin went to college and what position did they go for and where?
diceman Wrote:[quote=Single Wing 77]

I have no clue how many kids North sent to college.

So what your saying is that a coach should run an offense to help kids go to college even if it's not an offense they can do due to lack of skill, or ability and if it's something that don't help the team win?
You do realize not every team can do what other teams do?

Should a coach just try to get exposure for kids or try to win games because of what they do best.

Just what do you do if your qb isn't a good passer, huh?

You should probably try to understand what each team is able to do before bashing a team.

I heard that same line of crap right here at Corbin for 20 years. "We don't have the talent to throw the ball" or " our quarterbacks aren't skilled enough to throw the ball". What that really means is that your coaches aren't skilled enough to teach a quarterback how to throw the ball effectively, and they're too set in their ways to learn anything different. Make all the excuses you want too though. Like wildcat said, the kids aren't stupid.

Corbin had four kids sign this season, one DL, one LB, one DB, and one OL. Also had a WR, two RB's, another OL, another DB, and two more DL turn down the chance to play at the next level. None of them were D-1 players, but they have the option to play at the next level if they want.

I heard that same line of crap right here at Corbin for 20 years. "We don't have the talent to throw the ball" or " our quarterbacks aren't skilled enough to throw the ball". What that really means is that your coaches aren't skilled enough to teach a quarterback how to throw the ball effectively, and they're too set in their ways to learn anything different. Make all the excuses you want too though. Like wildcat said, the kids aren't stupid.

Corbin had four kids sign this season, one DL, one LB, one DB, and one OL. Also had a WR, two RB's, another OL, another DB, and two more DL turn down the chance to play at the next level. None of them were D-1 players, but they have the option to play at the next level if they want.

Not every school has a QB that can throw, sorry. Not every team has WR's that can run and catch either.
Teams do what they do best according to talent. Just because a kid is a QB dont mean he can throw it.

Dont judge other teams talent according to Corbin. And dont expect teams to do what Corbin does just because its what YOU think is best.

Maybe some coaches cant coach or know how to coach the run.

Anyone can play at the next level. Its called a walk on.
Not every school has DEVELOPED a quarterback who can throw and a WR who can run and catch.

Literally every coach alive can teach a power-I, Wishbone, or full house power running game. You will win as long as you're the most talented team, but as soon as someone puts 9 in the box in the playoffs you'll be going home. Before you throw out the belfry/Johnson Central excuse, remember that they run triple option and belly. Big difference because you don't have to block 1-2 guys depending on the play.

You're right, anyone can walk on at the naia level. That being said, the kids I'm talking about were offered money towards their tuition to play at the next level. But I'll bite, how many kids did north have to "walk on" this season?
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Not every school has DEVELOPED a quarterback who can throw and a WR who can run and catch.

Literally every coach alive can teach a power-I, Wishbone, or full house power running game. You will win as long as you're the most talented team, but as soon as someone puts 9 in the box in the playoffs you'll be going home. Before you throw out the belfry/Johnson Central excuse, remember that they run triple option and belly. Big difference because you don't have to block 1-2 guys depending on the play.

You're right, anyone can walk on at the naia level. That being said, the kids I'm talking about were offered money towards their tuition to play at the next level. But I'll bite, how many kids did north have to "walk on" this season?

I have no clue what north kids went to college?
My question is for the teams that are missing out on games cause a couple teams left, couldn't for this year, you just play a team in your current schedule twice who also is missing those games? youll still get points if your worried about that.
So just because these kids lived and London and played for North that means you own them. Maybe you would be surprised to learn they just didn't want to be there anymore and wanted to go somewhere else and a change in they're home life made that possible. If North Laurel wasn't acting like a jilted ex-girlfriend right now kids could get on with their lives.
Pigskin222 Wrote:Fact #6 a junior and sixth grader from north Laurel (brothers) are now going to corbin. They still live in London. The younger brother was going to stay until the older brother transfer was under investigation, they moved the younger brother to make it look like a legit move.
Again jilted ex-girlfriend, how do you know they are still living in London are you stalking them!!!
Just got off the phone with a reliable source Corbin is just a couple games away from having schedule resolved. North Laurel and Whitley come post season I hope you all get out of the first round for once so we can remind you'll " you can run but you can't hide". If that offends you have your staff contact and get on our schedule, it won't affect your programs getting there conference trophy and that picture in the paper. Great Year of football just around the corner
Bossdaddy Wrote:Just got off the phone with a reliable source Corbin is just a couple games away from having schedule resolved. North Laurel and Whitley come post season I hope you all get out of the first round for once so we can remind you'll " you can run but you can't hide". If that offends you have your staff contact and get on our schedule, it won't affect your programs getting there conference trophy and that picture in the paper. Great Year of football just around the corner

Why are you throwing Whitley under the bus here? They were not in the old conference.
Pigskin222 Wrote:How about you invite them to your new conference? Or join theirs. They would be glad to have you.

They are actually in my conference, well if you want to call it a conference.
I am throwing Whitley under bus because they are also the ring leaders to this whole mess
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next