•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middle School Conferences 2017
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I agree, it's not a sky is falling type of thing. It is just aggravating to see men, who are supposed to be leading these young men, fail to act like men. As far as scheduling goes, I'm sure the coaches will get it done. It'll just be a little harder on the kids, which may not be a bad thing.

You are right. It's all about the kids. What about the men that are supposed to be leaders recruiting kids to corbin in middle school. Corbin head coach was laughing about bringing south laurel two studs, (the brothers that just moved in from Dayton Ohio. ) into corbin concession stand after their game, feeding them and talking to them about corbin. South coaches had to go in and tell them to get on the bus and stop talking to his players.
This whole thread is a joke, a bunch of butt hurt corbin fans. Maybe if you didn't recruit from everyone you could find games. It's not about beating corbin or Meece, north Laurel wins conference about every 4 years and when we do beat corbin or Meece it's a good feeling. It has nothing to do with winning and losing. It sucks to see your own players in red when they still live in London but go to corbin.
The reason Meece is voted out is because they are only worth 10 points and have you ever played at Meece. He has been caught several times for playing illegal players, every time you go to Meece your automatically down 14. Then just no respect, coaching staff pointing and laughing at opposing team. Down 50 and coach is calling double reverse passes. It's a joke. Talk about being men, do the right thing for the kids. Corbin wanted Meece out as bad as anyone. North can't play corbin because our athletic director told us not to play them in anything. We still tried to play Meece. Gave them 4 dates (mondays and Tuesday's) and they wouldn't pick one. However we changed our schedule last year upon their request.
I've heard that they are as well. That's why I haven't personally said anything against them. I think they were caught between a rock and a hard place.
Got a Question. Didn't Meece cancel out of the conference Championship game this past year? If they don't want to play for a conference championship game why does it matter if they are in a conference? So what positive lesson did that teach the kids?
I don't think its as big of a deal as everyone is making it except for Corbin getting a schedule together. Corbin, Johnson, North Pulaski, Knox, and Wayne could create a really nice conference.
Pigskin222 Wrote:The reason Meece is voted out is because they are only worth 10 points and have you ever played at Meece. He has been caught several times for playing illegal players, every time you go to Meece your automatically down 14. Then just no respect, coaching staff pointing and laughing at opposing team. Down 50 and coach is calling double reverse passes. It's a joke. Talk about being men, do the right thing for the kids. Corbin wanted Meece out as bad as anyone. North can't play corbin because our athletic director told us not to play them in anything. We still tried to play Meece. Gave them 4 dates (mondays and Tuesday's) and they wouldn't pick one. However we changed our schedule last year upon their request.

Im sick of seeing this about Meece being 10 points. That cant be the reason for this conference issue because none of these teams ever beat Meece to start with besides Corbin, so they were getting zero points regardless. 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 points. Do you guys realize how stupid you make yourselves look when make a comment like that when the math doesnt add up.
Pigskin222 Wrote:You are right. It's all about the kids. What about the men that are supposed to be leaders recruiting kids to corbin in middle school. Corbin head coach was laughing about bringing south laurel two studs, (the brothers that just moved in from Dayton Ohio. ) into corbin concession stand after their game, feeding them and talking to them about corbin. South coaches had to go in and tell them to get on the bus and stop talking to his players.

How come no one ever goes after the parents of the kid that supposedly got recruited by school XYZ? It is a two way street, even if a coach is trying to get a kid to play for his team, its a kid, a minor. The parents are the one who has to make that choice and make it happen. Yet nothing is ever said. Just cause a coach has a carrot, doesn't mean the parent has to eat it.
Pigskin222 Wrote:This whole thread is a joke, a bunch of butt hurt corbin fans. Maybe if you didn't recruit from everyone you could find games. It's not about beating corbin or Meece, north Laurel wins conference about every 4 years and when we do beat corbin or Meece it's a good feeling. It has nothing to do with winning and losing. It sucks to see your own players in red when they still live in London but go to corbin.

What is a joke is your reflection in the mirror. The thread was about who is in what conference for 2017, obviously you have little to add to that, but yet continue on, on a subject that really doesnt below here.

BTW if it wasnt about beating Corbin and Meece, then why does it matter if Meece is only 10 points, and Corbin is only 20? Obviously it does matter, at least to you.
I was at the Meece - North Laural game there was no double reverse pass.
SOMERSET only had 18 players hard to sub.
I know a man that was on the chain gang on North Laural side line said there coaches cussed and yelled a our players the whole game.
SOMERSET called a time out after north turned the ball over on downs with 4 minutes to go in game.The SOMERSET coaches went to north coaches and asked them what they wanted to do so they would not embarrass the kids from north. North coached called Somerset coach a punk so Meece took a knee with 4 minutes to go in the game so hey wouldn't further embarrass north.
North Laural didn't have a problem with Meece before this coaching staff got there. Maybe the writing was on the wall. Maybe they knew they would have a hard time beating Meece And Corbin.
Mark_my_words Wrote:I don't think its as big of a deal as everyone is making it except for Corbin getting a schedule together. Corbin, Johnson, North Pulaski, Knox, and Wayne could create a really nice conference.

I can agree with this, it does create scheduling issues, but it is March. Had this happen in June/July it would be a bigger deal.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:EKMSC (Eastern Kentucky Middle School Conference):
BATH COUNTY
ROWAN COUNTY
LEWIS COUNTY
MORGAN COUNTY
FLEMING COUNTY (SIMMONS)
MASON COUNTY
WEST CARTER
EAST CARTER
GREENUP COUNTY
RACELAND
ASHLAND VERITY
BOYD COUNTY
LAWRENCE COUNTY
POWELL COUNTY

The 1st 8 listed are the original conference members. The others were added in 2013. It could have changed some since then.

What is it going to take to get these teams back in the KYMSFA?
plantmanky Wrote:I can agree with this, it does create scheduling issues, but it is March. Had this happen in June/July it would be a bigger deal.

I agree that since its March it will be much easier to find teams to fill the schedule. I guess my point was that teams like Corbin (traditional powerhouse) have trouble finding teams that will play them in the first place.
I think everyone knows what happened here and pigskin222 if it was all about points then why try to schedule Meece at another date why not just play them when you were schedule originally.
plantmanky Wrote:What is it going to take to get these teams back in the KYMSFA?

Participation trophies.
bandit57 Wrote:I think everyone knows what happened here and pigskin222 if it was all about points then why try to schedule Meece at another date why not just play them when you were schedule originally.

Would love to still play Meece. He said none of the dates would work. We had to make a schedule change. He made a schedule change last year and we accommodated and still came and played.
Northern played Meece back in 2010 at the Briar Patch. That was fun while it lasted. Are there two other middle schools in the state closer than 1.9 miles from each other?
plantmanky Wrote:Im sick of seeing this about Meece being 10 points. That cant be the reason for this conference issue because none of these teams ever beat Meece to start with besides Corbin, so they were getting zero points regardless. 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 points. Do you guys realize how stupid you make yourselves look when make a comment like that when the math doesnt add up.

You are right. North south and clay do not beat corbin or Meece very often. I would say 7 out of 10 times north laurel loses to Meece and Corbin. North Laurel beat Meece this year in 7th grade and probably would next year. But when we do have a chance to beat them it's nice to get some points. I look at it like the NCAA basketball looks at blind resume picking teams on the bubble.
School A- pulaski county school
10 points
Our Chance of winning 30%

School B - Pulaski county school
30 points
Our Chance of winning -30%

If I had to pick an opponent I would go with school B(southern pulaksi) because when you do have a chance to beat them u will atleast get points. You're driving basically the same distance. Corbin and Meece are exceptional programs but they are not unbeatable.
plantmanky Wrote:What is a joke is your reflection in the mirror. The thread was about who is in what conference for 2017, obviously you have little to add to that, but yet continue on, on a subject that really doesnt below here.

BTW if it wasnt about beating Corbin and Meece, then why does it matter if Meece is only 10 points, and Corbin is only 20? Obviously it does matter, at least to you.

Funny u singling me out since you and everyone else has posted all about the "cupcake conference". I do have a lot to add because I have facts not just rumors and I heard this or that
Wildcat18 Wrote:Northern played Meece back in 2010 at the Briar Patch. That was fun while it lasted. Are there two other middle schools in the state closer than 1.9 miles from each other?

Paintsville and Johnson Co are within nerf gun distance of each other. It is roughly 1.0 miles by car, 0.64 miles by nerf gun. And if anyone knows how to calculate water mileage, you can take a boat 3/4 of the way their on a rainy day.
Pigskin222 Wrote:Funny u singling me out since you and everyone else has posted all about the "cupcake conference". I do have a lot to add because I have facts not just rumors and I heard this or that

Show us a fact you have posted. I will wait.
Pigskin222 Wrote:You are right. North south and clay do not beat corbin or Meece very often. I would say 7 out of 10 times north laurel loses to Meece and Corbin. North Laurel beat Meece this year in 7th grade and probably would next year. But when we do have a chance to beat them it's nice to get some points. I look at it like the NCAA basketball looks at blind resume picking teams on the bubble.
10 points

30 points

If I had to pick an opponent I would go with school B(southern pulaksi) because when you do have a chance to beat them u will atleast get points. You're driving basically the same distance. Corbin and Meece are exceptional programs but they are not unbeatable.

You cant even get this right.

1. School A isnt a Pulaski county School, they are their own independent district.

2. School B, until two years ago you couldnt have beat them either. Of course now that you might be able too, off course you want them in the conference.

Nice try.
Pigskin222 Wrote:You are right. North south and clay do not beat corbin or Meece very often. I would say 7 out of 10 times north laurel loses to Meece and Corbin. North Laurel beat Meece this year in 7th grade and probably would next year. But when we do have a chance to beat them it's nice to get some points. I look at it like the NCAA basketball looks at blind resume picking teams on the bubble.
10 points

30 points

Why isn't School C listed in this analogy?
Pigskin222 you are obviously a hater have your program call and schedule Corbin, we are in need of games and don't care if you offer thirty points or ten.
4 pete's sake Wrote:Got a Question. Didn't Meece cancel out of the conference Championship game this past year? If they don't want to play for a conference championship game why does it matter if they are in a conference? So what positive lesson did that teach the kids?

They have dropped out several times when they have been in the conference championship game.
bandit57 Wrote:I was at the Meece - North Laural game there was no double reverse pass.
SOMERSET only had 18 players hard to sub.
I know a man that was on the chain gang on North Laural side line said there coaches cussed and yelled a our players the whole game.
SOMERSET called a time out after north turned the ball over on downs with 4 minutes to go in game.The SOMERSET coaches went to north coaches and asked them what they wanted to do so they would not embarrass the kids from north. North coached called Somerset coach a punk so Meece took a knee with 4 minutes to go in the game so hey wouldn't further embarrass north.
North Laural didn't have a problem with Meece before this coaching staff got there. Maybe the writing was on the wall. Maybe they knew they would have a hard time beating Meece And Corbin.

Send me your email and I will send you the double reverse back to ththe quarterback and then he slings up when they are already up 30+. One of our coaches did call your assistant a punk because he pointed his fingers at our kids laughing and making fun of them. But that's ok I guess, for Meece to act that way. And if you have 18 players that means you could sub 7 if I did the math correctly. But no subs were made.
And what your saying about north is the same thing max said corbin and Brent Jackson did. Which was yell and cuss at the players. I've never heard Brent Jackson cuss.
bandit57 Wrote:I think everyone knows what happened here and pigskin222 if it was all about points then why try to schedule Meece at another date why not just play them when you were schedule originally.

When we joined the "cupcake conference" we had to switch days to play Whitley. We told Max we would honor the game. We gave him several options but he said it wouldn't work. They changed our date last year, we accomadeted for them knowing we would get our heads beat in. So effort was made to still play
plantmanky Wrote:How come no one ever goes after the parents of the kid that supposedly got recruited by school XYZ? It is a two way street, even if a coach is trying to get a kid to play for his team, its a kid, a minor. The parents are the one who has to make that choice and make it happen. Yet nothing is ever said. Just cause a coach has a carrot, doesn't mean the parent has to eat it.

Oh so it's ok to recruit. It's the parents fault for taking hook, line and sinker. So you recommending recruiting parents, not teenagers?
plantmanky Wrote:You cant even get this right.

1. School A isnt a Pulaski county School, they are their own independent district.

2. School B, until two years ago you couldnt have beat them either. Of course now that you might be able too, off course you want them in the conference.

Nice try.

I meant both schools are in pulaski county Dumb arse. If I'm going to drive to pulaski to win or lose, I'd rather get 30 points if we win instead of 10. Corbin said the same thing. They wanted Meece out and southern in for the same reason.

And about school B, southern. We have played the last 2 years, this will be our 3rd consecutive year playing. For you to say southern is down or weak is ridiculous. Pretty sure they knocked us out of state 2015, then knocked northern out. That has nothing to do with us wanting them in the conference.
Pigskin222 Wrote:Oh so it's ok to recruit. It's the parents fault for taking hook, line and sinker. So you recommending recruiting parents, not teenagers?

Isnt that what recruiting is the parents, not the players. I mean the 16 year old 8th graders cant play anymore and drive to the games so why go after the kids.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next