09-15-17 (Open )
09-22-17 Mayfield ( Neutral Site )
09-29-17 McCreary County ( Home )
10-06-17 Jackson County ( Away )
10-13-17 Bell County ( Away )
10-20-17 Casey County ( Home )
10-27-17 Knox Central ( Home )

:Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead

really like this schedule Alcoa at home, Beechwood on the road and Mayfield at a neutral site.
Nice schedule...I'm hearing they make the Mayfield/Corbin game home and home.
Killer in the Sun Wrote:Nice schedule...I'm hearing they make the Mayfield/Corbin game home and home.

Maybe I will get a win over mayfield in the nexts few years Confusednicker:
Who else plays in the pigskin classic
64, you guys should have a good shot at that this coming year. I still think we have a good shot. We will probably take a loss or 2 in 2017 but, will be happy in the end. I think them Redbone Hounds should have a legit shot at being #1 in 2017.
Is McCreary coming back into district play this season?
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Is McCreary coming back into district play this season?

:yikes: Yep :yikes: Yep :yikes:
Very impressed by this schedule haddix has put together. Hopefully Whitley can compete next year. That Alcoa game is going to be tough. Not sure what they have returning but I'd imagine they'll be the toughest opponent corbin will see all year.
Beechwood, Mayfield, and Pulaski will all be tough stout opponents that will test corbin.

It's the district they will row through pretty easily. Hell of a non district schedule.
I see one maybe 2 loses, this should be Corbin's year...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
64SUR Wrote:2017 Corbin Football Schedule

08-18-17 Whitley County (Away)
08-25-17 Alcoa Tn ( Home ) 3A Tn State Champs
09-01-17 Pulaski County ( Home) 5A State Runner up
09-08-17 Beechwood ( Away ) 1A State Champs
09-15-17 (Open )

:Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead

That is a very sharp looking schedule!
Hounds lose some Playmakers and they play a Very Tough Schedule!
It will be a very interesting off season for the Hounds! Had a great season to build off of!
Killer in the Sun Wrote:Nice schedule...I'm hearing they make the Mayfield/Corbin game home and home.

I would hope not. I thought it was really cool that they played at LWC.

I know a lot of people from the area went to those games who normally wouldn't travel that far to watch either team.

Plus, that would be a brutal drive for one team every year. It's still not a great drive at a neutral site, but adding time to that is almost too much.
TheHotSnakes Wrote:I would hope not. I thought it was really cool that they played at LWC.

I know a lot of people from the area went to those games who normally wouldn't travel that far to watch either team.

Plus, that would be a brutal drive for one team every year. It's still not a great drive at a neutral site, but adding time to that is almost too much.

LWC is not half way for Mayfield, they need to get it at least to Bowling Green or move on.
[quote=64SUR]2017 Corbin Football Schedule

09-15-17 (Open )

Tough schedule! I like it.
No place to hide with a schedule like that.
wonder how the hounds will fill spots on both sides of the ball ??? Looking for some new faces maybe coming around??
You got four real good teams five if Knox Central is back where they usually are
RPO Wrote:[quote=64SUR]2017 Corbin Football Schedule

09-15-17 (Open )

Tough schedule! I like it.

3 tough games is all and one of them is Class A (State Champ) only reason. So not as tough as some may think. Pulaski loses a lot. Knox is done, Alcoa and Mayfield hard core. Sorry just don't see what all the fuss is about.
Madness Wrote:[quote=RPO]

3 tough games is all and one of them is Class A (State Champ) only reason. So not as tough as some may think. Pulaski loses a lot. Knox is done, Alcoa and Mayfield hard core. Sorry just don't see what all the fuss is about.

Jackson and Bell County are the only cupcakes on the schedule and they're district opponents. Whitley won their district and return almost everyone, Pulaski has been to 4 straight finals appearances and return a lot of young talent. McCreary may have one of their best teams ever and will compete for 2nd in the district with Casey. Casey lost a lot, but return enough young skill to be competitive. Knox will return a lot of young talent, the question is will they have the leadership.
JMO if Corbin is going to move to Belfry's level they need not think Casey and McCreary will be difficult games. Pulaski , I will give you that one, that is it.
Madness Wrote:JMO if Corbin is going to move to Belfry's level they need not think Casey and McCreary will be difficult games. Pulaski , I will give you that one, that is it.

Who said anything about Casey and McCreary being difficult games? I said they will compete with each other for 2nd place in the district. No doubt about it McCreary and Casey will have solid teams compared to what they usually have, but will still be in that middle tier of 3A teams. With that said I would still look for them to put running clocks on Bell County.
Just because teams finish 2nd in a district doesn't make your schedule difficult. I say Corbin has 5 cupcakes and 2 average and 3 hard games. Just my take on the schedule and I don't see the fuss about a brutal schedule at all.
District is as weak in the state. 4 big time games, 2 teams (Whitley and Knox) average at best. Coach did a good job strengthening out of district games. They have No control over district.
Bell, McCreary and Jackson is bottom 10 in state.
Madness Wrote:Just because teams finish 2nd in a district doesn't make your schedule difficult. I say Corbin has 5 cupcakes and 2 average and 3 hard games. Just my take on the schedule and I don't see the fuss about a brutal schedule at all.

Didn't say anything about district opponents having anything to do with strength of schedule. Those opponents can't be changed so I don't evaluate them in terms of strength of schedule. Out of district Corbin will play 4 teams that will be Top 5 in their class and compete for a state title and two others that will be in the mix for a Region championship in 4A and 5A Football. Perhaps you can't see the strength of the schedule, because you can't evaluate football...
5 cup cakes, 2 average, 3 hard games, evaluate it all you want. That is what they are. Bobcat4, keep wearing the red baby.
Madness Wrote:5 cup cakes, 2 average, 3 hard games, evaluate it all you want. That is what they are. Bobcat4, keep wearing the red baby.

I just don't like classifying Bell county with the others. If 3 of them are cupcakes and put a running clock on bell what does that make Bell?
Madness Wrote:5 cup cakes, 2 average, 3 hard games, evaluate it all you want. That is what they are. Bobcat4, keep wearing the red baby.

This will be one of the top three toughest schedules in 3a next season. It has 3 district teams who will be easy wins. 3 games against teams who will be competing for a region championship and 4 teams who will probably play 15 games. The Knox Central game and Whitley games will be big environments. Corbin may win by big margins, but they will be hard fought, tough games.
Should be a great year for Redhounds!
  • 1(current)
  • Next