•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 2017
I know a guy who lives in the Corbin School District who told me his next door neighbor played at Whitley and had 2 other neighbors played at Williamsburg. He asked me if that was legal and I told him that corbin let the kids in their district go whichever school they wanted.

If kids could go where they wanted, then schools would have to work at improving or risk losing good students. Competition may force them to improve.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Let's think about this logically. The khsaa has direct access to tuition information. No one is waiving tuition fees. Even if a coach did offer that, which I'm pretty sure didn't happen, it's not his decision to make. Corbin isn't a private school, they can't give scholarships. North would know all about recruiting though. They used to have an international recruiting pipeline. Kids were coming in from Australia, Iceland, and all over the globe.

Here is food for thought, of the two schools mentioned in this thread, which one has been banned from post season play solely because of recruiting?

If a coach did this, he won't have a job much longer, because the Superintendent won't allow it to happen.
The Outsider Wrote:If a coach did this, he won't have a job much longer, because the Superintendent won't allow it to happen.

That's what I was getting at too, no way a coach offered free tuition. Some folks just want to play the victim though. Too many conspiracy theorists out there these days.
Anybody know when spring ball starts?
The Outsider Wrote:I know a guy who lives in the Corbin School District who told me his next door neighbor played at Whitley and had 2 other neighbors played at Williamsburg. He asked me if that was legal and I told him that corbin let the kids in their district go whichever school they wanted.

If kids could go where they wanted, then schools would have to work at improving or risk losing good students. Competition may force them to improve.

somebody has dyslexia
Football_Maniac Wrote:Until the rules are tightened on middle school recruiting it will happen everywhere every year. It's allowed per khsaa rule. Like it or not. They have to fix it first.

They never will be fixed, unless the NCAA changes their rules, no reason to.
The Outsider Wrote:If a coach did this, he won't have a job much longer, because the Superintendent won't allow it to happen.

Thats bull, you have Superintendents all over that state that promote this type of stuff. Trust me I deal with them daily.
Looks like North Laurel got some revenge:

Coaches,

We have just been informed that several games associated with our conference have been cancelled due to some conference conflicts and the formation of a new conference in which we are no longer a member. Therefore we have quite a few open dates which is unusual for us. If anyone is interested in playing us both 7th and 8th grades for the 2017 football season please email me privately [email]Brent.jackson@Corbin.kyschools.us[/email]
As you all know it is late in the scheduling game so this is an immediate need for us and our program.
Thanks,
Brent Jackson
Head Football Coach
Corbin Middle School

JUSTIN HADDIX
CORBIN REDHOUNDS
HEAD FOOTBALL COACH
"15 GAMES"
Do they even play football in Laurel Co.??
Just a few things that some may not know due to some post. Middle School kids can go anywhere they want to and be eligible. Coaches can NOT recruit any age kid. If your school has reciprocal agreement they are good to go if not they HAVE to pay tuition, or move to district. If a school waives tuition they must do it for all. This is the problem the way I understand it in this case.
plantmanky Wrote:Looks like North Laurel got some revenge:

Coaches,

We have just been informed that several games associated with our conference have been cancelled due to some conference conflicts and the formation of a new conference in which we are no longer a member. Therefore we have quite a few open dates which is unusual for us. If anyone is interested in playing us both 7th and 8th grades for the 2017 football season please email me privately [email]Brent.jackson@Corbin.kyschools.us[/email]
As you all know it is late in the scheduling game so this is an immediate need for us and our program.
Thanks,
Brent Jackson
Head Football Coach
Corbin Middle School

JUSTIN HADDIX
CORBIN REDHOUNDS
HEAD FOOTBALL COACH
"15 GAMES"

From the way this reads/sounds it looks like Corbin was pretty much kicked or forced out of that conference, OR the other schools all got together, started a new conference and didn't include Corbin...
If so, it could be tough filling those games unless they do some major traveling.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:From the way this reads/sounds it looks like Corbin was pretty much kicked or forced out of that conference, OR the other schools all got together, started a new conference and didn't include Corbin...
If so, it could be tough filling those games unless they do some major traveling.

The bottom feeders of two conferences whose to run from competition in hopes to be more competitive. Laurels ran from Meece and Corbin, while Southwestern and whitley ran from Norther Pulaski and Knox.
plantmanky Wrote:Looks like North Laurel got some revenge:

Coaches,

Thanks,
Brent Jackson
Head Football Coach
Corbin Middle School

JUSTIN HADDIX
CORBIN REDHOUNDS
HEAD FOOTBALL COACH
"15 GAMES"

If Corbin needs games I know Belfry Middle needs a home game... that would be a worthwhile game for both and worth the travel. If interested let me know and I can get you to the right person.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:The bottom feeders of two conferences whose to run from competition in hopes to be more competitive. Laurels ran from Meece and Corbin, while Southwestern and whitley ran from Norther Pulaski and Knox.

I have to say that neither would be a correct statement. Conference just made another without Corbin in it. Wonder why? The others changed conferences for travel and the teams are as good.
first off I feel that this middle school talk belongs on the middle school thread. This is a high school football thread. But who follows the rules anyway?

That being said, why was meece not included in this new conference?
One reason is we don't want to travel to Meece. So I do agree if you want to talk about Middle school go to that site.
PRIDE101 Wrote:I have to say that neither would be a correct statement. Conference just made another without Corbin in it. Wonder why? The others changed conferences for travel and the teams are as good.

Yeah your statements make sense. Whitley thought it was closer to drive to Clay rather than Knox County and they both thought North Laurel, South Laurel, and Clay were better competition than Knox and Northern Pulaski. This left 4 teams without a conference not just Corbin. Knox, Corbin, Somerset, and Northern were left while the bottom feeders created their own conference. Doesn't matter they can't run when it's playoff time...
PRIDE101 Wrote:One reason is we don't want to travel to Meece. So I do agree if you want to talk about Middle school go to that site.

But you want to travel past Meece to Southwestern? You're an idiot, like singlewing said take it to the middle school forum.
Stop recruiting Middle School kids and this type thing would not happen. Just what I was told by those coaches. I quess they didn't just say , we are not going to play them because they recruited. Trust me nobody's running from Corbin's middle school. Very weak the last few years.
Took the old post down because it doesn't belong on here. Heard spring ball starts April 17th. Can't wait to see the first glimpses of the 2017 hounds!
Anyone wanna take a guess at some projected starters for next season?
I've read all of this garabage as long as I could stand.
North, South should be in a weaker conference and it might help get kids out with more W. maybe they could get in the single A conference. Corbin and Knox should travel and play the best middle school teams like there varsity team..
If that is they way it should be Corbin should stop complaining about being left out You guys made this mess.
Once again, this is a high school thread. Go talk about the cupcake middle school conference elsewhere.
This is some fun reading
Question pride101 what school are you tied in with
goBIGblue82 Wrote:The bottom feeders of two conferences whose to run from competition in hopes to be more competitive. Laurels ran from Meece and Corbin, while Southwestern and whitley ran from Norther Pulaski and Knox.

bull butter
pjdoug Wrote:bull butter

Really why else would it be done.
Knox County ,always have been always will be.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Anyone wanna take a guess at some projected starters for next season?

I'm interested to see where Noah Taylor plays this year, offense or defense? Will he be 100% after suffering a knee injury on the opening kickoff of the Belfry game? Who will start on the defensive line, which is really the biggest question mark in my opinion. Will Estep still play after committing to the UK baseball team?
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next