•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 2017
I see some of the post you removed were not talking about a kid. Why was that?
PRIDE101 Wrote:I see some of the post you removed were not talking about a kid. Why was that?

I deleted the entire page instead of sifting through the good and bad.
If it happens again, the thread will be closed.
I understand that , I ask another mod to delete the two post by the Corbin Fan.
plantmanky Wrote:This is the email that was sent for those interested:

This clinic sounds great.

Will it talk about recruiting other teams feeder programs?

Will it talk about a successful Middle School program using other schools kids?

Will it talk about how Middle School All Star team coaches recruit other teams kids? Which by the way I don't recommend any coaches send their kids too that have an opposing school nearby because its all recruitment from your feeder system. Especially around here!

Will the clinic talk about what a coach says to get a kid to switch schools in Middle School and leave his friends, who will hold that against him for a long time.

Does it talk about how to set up fake apartment addresses or how to get around the KHSAA rules for eligibility?

Chris Larkey
North Laurel Head Football Coach
606-XXX-XXXX
1300 East Hal Rogers Parkway
London, Ky 40741
[email]chris.larkey@laurel.kyschools.us[/email]

I will say again , I like it what he did. Classic. If someone is recruiting your middle school kids stand up and tell them. I hear more to come with it.
Someone said South Laurel said it happens there as well. At least everyone knows where they stand on it.
North's coach is throwing a fit because he isn't getting his way. He thinks he is owed something because of his last name. He is throwing out accusations now, but everyone at north was real quiet when an 8th grade basketball player who had played in varsity games for Corbin, transferred in the middle of the season to north a couple years back. Did Corbin throw a fit? Nope. Worry about the kids you have, not the couple who don't want to play for you. Plus how many kids from the south district has north recieved over the past few years? But it's only recruiting when you lose kids. Corbin had a couple transfer to Whitley last season. Nobody cried recruiting when they left. My point is that there is a difference in recruiting and a kid deciding by to transfer schools. Any coach who tries to deny said kids eligibility or damage their future is all about himself and winning. The only person hurt by that is the kid, and a good coach wants the best for their kids no matter what color they wear on Friday nights.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:North's coach is throwing a fit because he isn't getting his way. He thinks he is owed something because of his last name. He is throwing out accusations now, but everyone at north was real quiet when an 8th grade basketball player who had played in varsity games for Corbin, transferred in the middle of the season to north a couple years back. Did Corbin throw a fit? Nope. Worry about the kids you have, not the couple who don't want to play for you. Plus how many kids from the south district has north recieved over the past few years? But it's only recruiting when you lose kids. Corbin had a couple transfer to Whitley last season. Nobody cried recruiting when they left. My point is that there is a difference in recruiting and a kid deciding by to transfer schools. Any coach who tries to deny said kids eligibility or damage their future is all about himself and winning. The only person hurt by that is the kid, and a good coach wants the best for their kids no matter what color they wear on Friday nights.

I think this may go a little deeper than that. When a school starts waiving tuition to kids of another school when there is no reciprocal agreement with that school. May turn into a problem. Just what I hear. Maybe wrong. Waiting to see how it works out.
Let's think about this logically. The khsaa has direct access to tuition information. No one is waiving tuition fees. Even if a coach did offer that, which I'm pretty sure didn't happen, it's not his decision to make. Corbin isn't a private school, they can't give scholarships. North would know all about recruiting though. They used to have an international recruiting pipeline. Kids were coming in from Australia, Iceland, and all over the globe.

Here is food for thought, of the two schools mentioned in this thread, which one has been banned from post season play solely because of recruiting?
I agree they did, but what has any of that have to do with this situation? I can only speak to what I was told of one side of this. I have been told that the KHSAA has requested just what you said and Corbin has not shown up. Again , just one side of what has and will happen.. That is why I am very interested in how this works out. We will see what happens.
[quote=Single Wing 77]Let's think about this logically. The khsaa has direct access to tuition information. No one is waiving tuition fees. Even if a coach did offer that, which I'm pretty sure didn't happen, it's not his decision to make. Corbin isn't a private school, they can't give scholarships. North would know all about recruiting though. They used to have an international recruiting pipeline. Kids were coming in from Australia, Iceland, and all over the globe.

Here is food for thought, of the two schools mentioned in this thread, which one has been banned from post season play solely because of recruiting?[/QUOTE
]

So your saying you don't really know? You don't have to be private to waive a fee. Could be where the apartment statement comes in.
This is the last time I'm going to respond to this nonsense. The kid in question made a legitimate move into Corbin's district in Whitley county. I can't say what the motivations were because I don't know. I do know for a FACT the if the roles were reversed Corbin wouldn't try to jeopardize the eligibility of a student/athlete because they were prideful. Corbin has lost kids and they have let them go and wished them the best. The coach from north cares more about himself than he does the kids. There are studs who have transferred FROM Corbin who still have close relationships with the Corbin coaches. MAYBE just MAYBE that's why kids want to play for the Redhounds. But then again, maybe it's because they would like a legitimate chance to compete for a state title. Maybe it's because Corbin is one of the best academic institutions in the state. Maybe it's because North has a video on the internet of a bunch of male students doing a magic mike show in front of the whole school. Who knows? But the kids aren't being recruited.
North has no argument here, kids always go where the talent and coaching is. I also remember a few years ago when North was filming practices of opponents.
Those are some pretty serious allegations by Larkey.

Hopefully he has performed his due diligence before making these claims.

If his claims are true, and Corbin has used illegal mailing addresses to assure eligibility and it can be proven (key words), then this is a major Offense.

If his claims are false, not only does this put a huge amount of egg on Larkey's face, but I have to question if his credibility can ever rebound.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Those are some pretty serious allegations by Larkey.

If his claims are true, and Corbin has used illegal mailing addresses to assure eligibility and it can be proven (key words), then this is a major Offense.

If his claims are false, not only does this put a huge amount of egg on Larkey's face, but I have to question if his credibility can ever rebound.

Like said earlier glass houses.

I'll even say this in Larkey's defense. He probably never meant that rant to go public. But it doesn't Change the fact that he said it with what is likely no proof, and is jeopardizing the eligibility of a kid because he will most likely no longer help North.
I think he wanted it out. He put it on a public list serve for all to see. My understanding is they(Laurel County Administration) has taken it to the KHSAA and the KHSAA is waiting on Corbin to respond. Again I think many are missing the point, it is my understanding that tuition is the main focus, not recruiting, right?

Where in the email did he claim it was Corbin? Did someone leave off their name in the email or did he not mention any school in particular. Unless he is saying a particular school I cant see how it doesnt pertain to a lot of schools I have been reading about on this site. It seems one school in particular is calling themselves out on the topic.
PRIDE101 Wrote:I will say again , I like it what he did. Classic. If someone is recruiting your middle school kids stand up and tell them. I hear more to come with it.

This coming from a Knox fan that had a starting quarterback from Corbin Middle School, and correct me if I'm wrong didn't 3 of the Knox Central Basketball players play for Barbourville a couple years ago.Confusednicker:
diceman Wrote:Where in the email did he claim it was Corbin? Did someone leave off their name in the email or did he not mention any school in particular. Unless he is saying a particular school I cant see how it doesnt pertain to a lot of schools I have been reading about on this site. It seems one school in particular is calling themselves out on the topic.

I don't think it said anything about Corbin in the email. It was a North or Knox fan that came on here claiming that he was referring to Corbin. I thought it may be in regards to Clay since North/Clay have had several athletes transferring between the districts.
Really? A lot of people could post ,but someone that has cheered for more schools than they have fingers may not be the best for this subject?

Read the emails.
It was Boyle, Maryville TN., South Warren, Louisville HC and Corbin. It was as plain as the nose on your face as to who he was talking about. Who did they report?
diceman Wrote:Where in the email did he claim it was Corbin? Did someone leave off their name in the email or did he not mention any school in particular. Unless he is saying a particular school I cant see how it doesnt pertain to a lot of schools I have been reading about on this site. It seems one school in particular is calling themselves out on the topic.

It seems that way because an entire page of the thread had to be deleted. Corbin was accused by North's fan base BEFORE Larkey's rant was posted.
The chance of winning a state championship will only happen at Corbin. If I wanted to win and play on big stages then Corbin would be the place to be. The other area schools can't give kids that opportunity.
[quote=cherokee]This coming from a Knox fan that had a starting quarterback from Corbin Middle School, and correct me if I'm wrong didn't 3 of the Knox Central Basketball players play for Barbourville a couple years ago.Confusednicker:[/QUOTE :lmao:

No offense just ironic.
Ironic for both the post and poster and the like...........LOL
Things should be interesting this year in the tri counties :popcorn:

I wish Whitley would get in on this illegal stuff. Confusednicker:
Xerxes Wrote:Ironic for both the post and poster and the like...........LOL

Same could be said about you...
Not so, but maybe now, in the future, like I said, if we do it I will use the , "Best for the kid', excuse.
Xerxes Wrote:Ironic for both the post and poster and the like...........LOL

Parents decisions are always questioned but success will silence the critics and both my sons have been very successful with the decisions made.:welcome:
Plot might be thickening more, stay tuned.
Until the rules are tightened on middle school recruiting it will happen everywhere every year. It's allowed per khsaa rule. Like it or not. They have to fix it first.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next