•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 2017
Corbin is gonna be really good. This schedule, the players returning, and coaches will be nothing but good for the team and the goal of a championship.
64SUR Wrote:2017 Corbin Football Schedule

08-18-17 Whitley County (Away)
08-25-17 Alcoa Tn ( Home ) 3A Tn State Champs
09-01-17 Pulaski County ( Home) 5A State Runner up
09-08-17 Beechwood ( Away ) 1A State Champs
09-15-17 (Open )
09-22-17 Mayfield ( Neutral Site )
09-29-17 McCreary County ( Home )
10-06-17 Jackson County ( Away )
10-13-17 Bell County ( Away )
10-20-17 Casey County ( Home )
10-27-17 Knox Central ( Home )

:Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead
good schedule. big time addition of Alcoa.
Whitley and Knox are good local rivals. Can't control district. Rest of the schedule is brutal.
The offense returns three linemen, the QB, three or four receivers who played well, as well as Estep who I think moves into the backfield full time. Brady Keith played well at RB up until he got injured. The defense returns Logan in the D-line, three of the 4 linebackers, and maguet at corner. Who are some of the guys who could step in to fill the roles left open be last years seniors?
Madness doing some hardcore hatin'
IMO, it will be an all or nothing year for the Redhounds. With the graduation losses Belfry incurred, Corbin will probably open up as the #1 Rated Team in 3A. Nothing less than a trip to Bowling Green will be viewed as a success. May sound harsh...but this will be Corbin's best chance to make the big dance.
Actually I think the belfry/Corbin game will become a slobber knocker each year now. Corbin will win some and Belfry will win some. Unless of course Belfry has another class with 4 D-1 players in it. Or Corbin does the same. Either is pretty unlikely. Belfry has a really good sophomore class coming up, but Corbin's junior class is loaded too.
Corbin will be in the hunt again
I can't wait to see the 2017-18 version of the redhounds
4Life Wrote:Corbin will be in the hunt again

Sure they will, it is the weakest two districts in AAA. Corbin and Belfry again.
Just saw that Chase Estep has committed to play baseball for UK!

Congrats to the kid!
Lucas Ellison has also committed to play football for Lindsay Wilson! Congrats to these two hounds!!
Anybody know anything about the kid that transferred to Corbin today, person telling me about it didn't have much information.
Ellison is a good looking kid. Wished they would have gave the ball to him on offense some. But hey that goes for half the defense. Ellison, #81, and #4 were best athletes on the field and never touched the ball.
Goingdeep Wrote:Ellison is a good looking kid. Wished they would have gave the ball to him on offense some. But hey that goes for half the defense. Ellison, #81, and #4 were best athletes on the field and never touched the ball.

Agree to a point but this years team was so deep and talented you could have picked a handful of kids who should have been touching the ball and its hard to argue with the results.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:IMO, it will be an all or nothing year for the Redhounds. With the graduation losses Belfry incurred, Corbin will probably open up as the #1 Rated Team in 3A. Nothing less than a trip to Bowling Green will be viewed as a success. May sound harsh...but this will be Corbin's best chance to make the big dance.
Belfry doesn't ever lose anything we just reload. When we get up 3 touchdowns our freshmen usually go in and handle the other teams starters closely. That's how Belfry wins year in year out. Other teams like to run up the score on teams while we let our youngsters learn.
Congrats to the Corbin players for signing. Great accomplishment playing college ball at any level.
Run game has struggled since departure of Coppock kid. With exception of flashes of Sizemore in moments. Lots of tackles on first contact and hardly every out running anybody to the edge. The hounds passed the ball better then ever this year but would like for us to be more balanced. Greer's defenses have imploded in the big moment, can't be one
dementional and beat Belfry.
Goingdeep Wrote:Run game has struggled since departure of Coppock kid. With exception of flashes of Sizemore in moments. Lots of tackles on first contact and hardly every out running anybody to the edge. The hounds passed the ball better then ever this year but would like for us to be more balanced. Greer's defenses have imploded in the big moment, can't be one
dementional and beat Belfry.

Fun to think what Haddix would have done with players like Caleb Watkins, Ryan Fritts, Matthew Taylor, and Brady Foley from the 2009 team.
proud44pirate Wrote:Belfry doesn't ever lose anything we just reload. When we get up 3 touchdowns our freshmen usually go in and handle the other teams starters closely. That's how Belfry wins year in year out. Other teams like to run up the score on teams while we let our youngsters learn.

Yep, belfry sends four linemen to d-1 colleges every year. There will be no fall off from this years team.

Question, how many players has Belfry sent to d-1 colleges since 2000? My count is 5. Another question, how many state titles has Belfry won without at least 1 d-1 player on a team? My count is zero. Talent doesn't matter on pond creek though, it's all about toughness and can-do attitude.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Yep, belfry sends four linemen to d-1 colleges every year. There will be no fall off from this years team.

Question, how many players has Belfry sent to d-1 colleges since 2000? My count is 5. Another question, how many state titles has Belfry won without at least 1 d-1 player on a team? My count is zero. Talent doesn't matter on pond creek though, it's all about toughness and can-do attitude.

I will be the first to tell you so. That freshman group has several that will end up D1. So D1 players are still there. Plus got a couple of junior n sophomores that will make it. The talent has been there but the kids never got exposure. Now the cat is out of the bag and watch and see.
I have no doubt that you will be the first to toot Belfry's horn any chance you get. That being said, this is a Corbin thread. If you want to go talk about what Belfry has coming back next year then go start a Belfry thread. I'll argue with you about Belfry on that thread.
I know this is a Corbin thread and I'm a Belfry fan but I'm going to comment anyway. Seen the Hounds play once last year and that was against my Pirates. The Corbin Redhounds impressed the hell out of this Belfry boy! For 3 1/2 Qtrs they smacked us in the mouth! Glad Belfry won but I really did feel bad for those Corbin kids. Those kids left all that they had on the field that Friday night, absolutely no shame in that. With that said, if those boys can put 4 Qtrs together like the first 3 1/2 that the played against us, all I can say is watch out! Good Luck in 2017 Corbin, hope you young men have a great injury free season.
Corbin will come in second in the district behind McCreary who is going to smoke them guaranteed
Corbin's Alec Gambrel has committed to play football for the university of the Cumberlands. Congrats to the young man. Well deserved!
#51PirateFan Wrote:I know this is a Corbin thread and I'm a Belfry fan but I'm going to comment anyway. Seen the Hounds play once last year and that was against my Pirates. The Corbin Redhounds impressed the hell out of this Belfry boy! For 3 1/2 Qtrs they smacked us in the mouth! Glad Belfry won but I really did feel bad for those Corbin kids. Those kids left all that they had on the field that Friday night, absolutely no shame in that. With that said, if those boys can put 4 Qtrs together like the first 3 1/2 that the played against us, all I can say is watch out! Good Luck in 2017 Corbin, hope you young men have a great injury free season.

corbin is overated belfry took a long trip and toyed with them belfry knew what they were doing the whole time.
Raiders are coming after both of you
Wrangler Wrote:Raiders are coming after both of you
Who?
Wrangler Wrote:Raiders are coming after both of you

This don't even deserve a response. Soooooo I'm jus gonna let him be silly.
Corbin will be able to best belfry next year IMO.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next