Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset vs Bourbon County
Somerset vs Bourbon County Whats your thoughts??
Somerset 43-28
I think this will be a great game to watch but just because I like Someset's Coach I'm going with tnem
Somerset - 32

Bourbon County - 20
Bourbon county 21 Somerset 14. Watched Somerset against Garrard Co. They have nice Defensive line and Lb's but the rest of the team is very bad. Line is awful QB can't get time, rb's drilled at handoffs, secondary can't cover. Garrard only aloud 2 first downs in 3 qters. Not a year for the jumpers, but this team is very young. They do have talent, but it's hurt by the lack in positions
SWpride Wrote:Bourbon county 21 Somerset 14. Watched Somerset against Garrard Co. They have nice Defensive line and Lb's but the rest of the team is very bad. Line is awful QB can't get time, rb's drilled at handoffs, secondary can't cover. Garrard only aloud 2 first downs in 3 qters. Not a year for the jumpers, but this team is very young. They do have talent, but it's hurt by the lack in positions

They definitely have their issues. That being said all teams do at all times, definitely this time of year. They rotated about 11 guys up front the other day... they'll get better, all young and a lot have a great deal of potential.

Secondary improves immensely with Cornett back, as does the receiving unit. Heard Kade Grundy came out now that summer baseball is over, that kid will help at some point.
Grundy will help with Cornett if that's true he's back, but line same kids subbed back and fourth to find answers not eleven. Don't get me wrong I'm not a Somerset hater we have same issue at southwestern. Somerset has to look deeper into the jv because they're line and subs arent very good and two centers were horrible jv center best of the three with a big frame what few snaps jv had, 79 kid a monster hardly on field a lot of skill on jv I felt could be used up. Somerset has a good staff and will figure it out, but I'm going to wait and see out come of bourbon game goes before I judge I won't get to watch it. Gl to Somerset but still 21-14 bc
SWpride Wrote:Grundy will help with Cornett if that's true he's back, but line same kids subbed back and fourth to find answers not eleven. Don't get me wrong I'm not a Somerset hater we have same issue at southwestern. Somerset has to look deeper into the jv because they're line and subs arent very good and two centers were horrible jv center best of the three with a big frame what few snaps jv had, 79 kid a monster hardly on field a lot of skill on jv I felt could be used up. Somerset has a good staff and will figure it out, but I'm going to wait and see out come of bourbon game goes before I judge I won't get to watch it. Gl to Somerset but still 21-14 bc

I'll reserve judgement on this Somerset team for a couple weeks. They did rotate a ton of guys up front during the scrimmage (eleven may be an overstatement).

While I agree they didn't look good in some facets of the game I think they have the pieces to be good in the long run, it's just not a classic (of late) Somerset team with a bunch of burners. The solace I find is that they looked bad in last years scrimmage as well and they ended up being pretty good offensively.
Somerset in a close game by 6
I am going to go with Somerset for this game... Somerset 21 Bourbon County 14. I think Somerset is going to have to move some kids around and some kids up and they will be ok just need to find that right combination for a successful team... They have lots of talent and potential with there JV and Freshman Kids....
Bunnies by 14
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm still waiting on a Somerset fan to tell us how good Bourbon County is, and how the Bummies are playing up in class.
jim rome Wrote:I'm still waiting on a Somerset fan to tell us how good Bourbon County is, and how the Bummies are playing up in class.

I bet you're a super tough guy behind that keyboard.
JumperPride1 Wrote:I'll reserve judgement on this Somerset team for a couple weeks. They did rotate a ton of guys up front during the scrimmage (eleven may be an overstatement).

While I agree they didn't look good in some facets of the game I think they have the pieces to be good in the long run, it's just not a classic (of late) Somerset team with a bunch of burners. The solace I find is that they looked bad in last years scrimmage as well and they ended up being pretty good offensively.
I agree with you. I'm not around team, so the scrimmage is what I can go by. The jv is loaded. 4 key players I seen that should of got varsity reps because of how they played was rb28, center 60, and dt 52, rb 29. Was impressed by #53 smaller lineman very aggressive, 70 looked good at times will be nice next year know reason you guys can't have a separate OL and DL next year, so all I'm saying is those first 4 would start at sw lol but Somerset should play for a title in a year or two with that talent, but the schedule is to tough for this young team 3-7 at best possible 4-6 or 2-8.
Bunnies bounce Bourbon by 7.
Colonels by a Touchdown !
Somerset wins by a touchdown
pjdoug Wrote:Colonels by a Touchdown !

You're accuracy in predicting games over the last three years is like 14%, so please quit. You're losing what little credibility you have left each time you post. :rockon:
JumperPride1 Wrote:I bet you're a super tough guy behind that keyboard.

:moon:
jim rome Wrote:You're accuracy in predicting games over the last three years is like 14%, so please quit. You're losing what little credibility you have left each time you post. :rockon:

My accuracy is much higher than yours, so your advice is not very helpful. :rockon: