Poll: State Semi-Finals - Who ya got?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
66.67%
Corbin
33.33%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry at Corbin 11/25 **3A State Semi-Finals**
Ya know, that's part of the reason you don't play at home every year. You rotate. You get to deal with not having luxury. It's called home field advantage for a reason. Y'all are jus gonna have to deal with it I guess. Hell, the Hounds haven't even had a locker room at all their away games this season. I don't remember posting any complaining about other people's facilities yet. No one cared where I sat, where I parked, or if I had a seat. I'm really crying out loud here for you guys tho. Corbin's locker room won't be any better than yours, but they do have reserved seats on their side. Y'all can have the visitors side, and the fence halfway around. Or stay at home and watch from your TV. It will be televised I'm sure. I also find
It hilarious that you feel so deserving of only the best. Get over yourselves is all I know to tell you. Come and sit, come and stand, or stay in Pond Creek. I've shed my last tear for ya.
Corbin 12-1
Belfry 12-1

I would liked to see belfry punt this year. Confusederiously:
bucslover68 Wrote:Try 3...76 80 82...but both have been successful I will agree to that!

You can say 3...that's what KHSAA has listed. We say 5....1955 (before classes) undisputed State Champions (all schools). Also. 1939...I'm not sure about that one...but it is claimed as others are across the state by other schools every year.
HighViz Wrote:Ya know, that's part of the reason you don't play at home every year. You rotate. You get to deal with not having luxury. It's called home field advantage for a reason. Y'all are jus gonna have to deal with it I guess. Hell, the Hounds haven't even had a locker room at all their away games this season. I don't remember posting any complaining about other people's facilities yet. No one cared where I sat, where I parked, or if I had a seat. I'm really crying out loud here for you guys tho. Corbin's locker room won't be any better than yours, but they do have reserved seats on their side. Y'all can have the visitors side, and the fence halfway around. Or stay at home and watch from your TV. It will be televised I'm sure. I also find
It hilarious that you feel so deserving of only the best. Get over yourselves is all I know to tell you. Come and sit, come and stand, or stay in Pond Creek. I've shed my last tear for ya.

Must be a WV thing...
^^ look out for Mr Originality over here.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Your parents have any kids that lived?

Yes sir...3 lived, 2 died at birth. How about yours?
Just curious is Pond Creek a community or a creek that runs through Belfry?
campbellfield Wrote:You can say 3...that's what KHSAA has listed. We say 5....1955 (before classes) undisputed State Champions (all schools). Also. 1939...I'm not sure about that one...but it is claimed as others are across the state by other schools every year.

No such thing as a state champion before 59. I don't know why people claim titles when the only teams you played where local schools. What about the other unbeaten teams that your school didn't play. Mayfield had a team that outscored its opponents in 8 games 454-0, and I've never once heard anyone call them a state champion.
This would be a game I'd like to see, if it is streamed online I'd love to watch if someone can provide a link. I think Belfry will be to much, but wouldn't be shocked if the red bones gave them a game.
I just think state semi-final games should be played at football stadiums, not rec fields at the nearest YMCA.
I can see this thread being good all week, I may have to check in for some entertainment daily.
2 bad teams playing here. 1 got beat by a little 2a school, the other got pigstomped by a team that was boat raced in the 2nd round of playoffs. 3a is way down this year.
If y'all need a neutral field. Fulton County is available. Very unique atmosphere. You can play in the only stadium in the state that sells "off" at the concession stands.
bucslover68 Wrote:Belfry traveled to Somerset in 07 and had at least 3-4 times the fans Somerset had and that was a state semi. Worst home crowd support I have seen.

I was at that game. If I remember correctly I think somerset did have a small crowd for a home team in the semi's but I don't remember having any trouble finding somewhere to sit. Seemed like both teams had around 1000 fans.
Belfry0304 Wrote:I just think state semi-final games should be played at football stadiums, not rec fields at the nearest YMCA.

Agreed...Maybe you can petition the KHSAA to move this to a smaller facility such as Union or Cumberland. Lynn Camp is just a couple miles up the road as well. Or maybe it should be played in the great city of Belfry every year. Maybe we can have the KHSAA move this game to EKU next year, that would be the closest neutral field with "enough" seating for both teams....

Sorry, not every school gets coal money or coal sponsors to fund their stadiums and football teams. Our stadium is full of tradition and character. There have been many more great players run on the Bermuda of Campbell Field at Denes Stadium than you have had on the artificial turf of CAM stadium. We love our stadium and field, while it might not match up to your expectations - it more than suits ours.

I expect the only problems you will have while in Corbin is finding a place to park close to the stadium. If you require a seat rather than a spot to stand you will be accommodated I'm sure. If you are looking for a pregame meal or drink there are several good places, If you need a place to stay the night you will find many rooms in Corbin. What you want find is another team that will curl up and let you run all over us...too much pride here. You might beat us by 4+ Tds,..... or not, but you will know that you have been in a game.

Squash the Facility issue please...it's more than suitable.

BTW, heavy rain in northwest Whitley County again.....J/K
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I just came back to correct that.

I cant believe Catholic lost to Fulton

Which also shows how good and deep that 4A class is in TN

u are running down belfry for losing to a bigger school when in fact corbin lost to a smaller school would u care to explain this one
https://www.facebook.com/GoCorbinBEATbelfry/

trying to round up some fans are we
campbellfield Wrote:Agreed...Maybe you can petition the KHSAA to move this to a smaller facility such as Union or Cumberland. Lynn Camp is just a couple miles up the road as well. Or maybe it should be played in the great city of Belfry every year. Maybe we can have the KHSAA move this game to EKU next year, that would be the closest neutral field with "enough" seating for both teams....

Sorry, not every school gets coal money or coal sponsors to fund their stadiums and football teams. Our stadium is full of tradition and character. There have been many more great players run on the Bermuda of Campbell Field at Denes Stadium than you have had on the artificial turf of CAM stadium. We love our stadium and field, while it might not match up to your expectations - it more than suits ours.

I expect the only problems you will have while in Corbin is finding a place to park close to the stadium. If you require a seat rather than a spot to stand you will be accommodated I'm sure. If you are looking for a pregame meal or drink there are several good places, If you need a place to stay the night you will find many rooms in Corbin. What you want find is another team that will curl up and let you run all over us...too much pride here. You might beat us by 4+ Tds,..... or not, but you will know that you have been in a game.

Squash the Facility issue please...it's more than suitable.

BTW, heavy rain in northwest Whitley County again.....J/K

You're right. We are a big money bunch. Can I land my helicopter on the field to avoid parking issues? Or will it blow the tiny bleachers away?
campbellfield Wrote:Must be a WV thing...

It is a Eastern Kentucky thing were like to talk to people to there face not on bluegrass rivals look me up Friday I'll be happy to explain anything you want to know
big dawg, small yard Wrote:u are running down belfry for losing to a bigger school when in fact corbin lost to a smaller school would u care to explain this one

That wasn't what I was doing at all. In fact I thought Knox Cath was was headed to the semis before realizing my mistake and seeing it was Central.
In reality, I was bragging on how stout your opponent was and if youll look at EKUALUMs post below mine youll see he actually quoted my original post.

Dear God I hate rooting for Corbin but you make it impossible

[Image: https://media.giphy.com/media/pVAMI8QYM42n6/giphy.gif]
In all seriousness, I could see Corbin upgrading their facilities in the next few years. They've been spending boat loads of moneys on a new primary school and just this past year a new middle school so they may finally start getting freed up to begin working on the stadium.

Parking will never get better as it is in the middle of town, but they could always expand seating rather easily.
Redonthehound Wrote:You can play this game in the parking lot of the Walmart here and Corbin still wins. The cockiness and arrogance from the pirate faithful will FINALLY be put to rest. Gonna be a lot of shocked fans around the state when they see the final score of this one. How about everyone quit complaining about the seating or parking and just come and watch a good old fashioned butt kicking?

:Clap::Clap:Confusednicker:
campbellfield Wrote:BUT! I could care less if everyone had to stand the entire game....just sayin...

I always stand
Me too. Never in my life have I heard so many people complain about a game, beforehand.. what's up with that PJ
HighViz Wrote:Me too. Never in my life have I heard so many people complain about a game, beforehand.. what's up with that PJ

I don't stand and am not able, and am on 24 hour oxygen with a small concentrator that will need pluged in from time to time. In all seriousness could they accommodate me with that? Most of the ribbing and back and forth bantter is just that, but we all want to watch a good football game.
Honestly I would like to think they could accommodate that. But, plug in might be few and far between. Someone else needs to answer that.
Can't we all just get along???Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Garrard County a few years back put some of their baseball bleacher around the field to accommodate the large crowd. Just an idea not a complaint. What time does the gate open?
When it comes down to it, the Corbin fans here have been really disrespectful. Many of us has never been there and we were just asking questions about seating capacity, parking, etc and it blew up.
Bring your fire engines and wet down the field, get there at 2 pm to fill the stands, put empty cars in the parking lot, and do whatever the Corbin Administration feels will try to give them an advantage on Friday night. WE will will show up and be respectful.
When Corbin came to Belfry last year, did we try to prevent any of you from parking or sitting?? No. We go our of our way to be hospitable to any visiting fan.
Jeez act like an adult and have some damn class.
panther nation Wrote:Can't we all just get along???Confusednicker:

NO!!!! This is great!! It's been a long time since I've seen this good of a thread bantering!!

HighViz Wrote:Ya know, that's part of the reason you don't play at home every year. You rotate. You get to deal with not having luxury. It's called home field advantage for a reason. Y'all are jus gonna have to deal with it I guess. Hell, the Hounds haven't even had a locker room at all their away games this season. I don't remember posting any complaining about other people's facilities yet. No one cared where I sat, where I parked, or if I had a seat. I'm really crying out loud here for you guys tho. Corbin's locker room won't be any better than yours, but they do have reserved seats on their side. Y'all can have the visitors side, and the fence halfway around. Or stay at home and watch from your TV. It will be televised I'm sure. I also find

Tell this to the crowd from Corbin bitching about having the basketball tournaments at The Arena every year!!

Redonthehound Wrote:You can play this game in the parking lot of the Walmart here and Corbin still wins. The cockiness and arrogance from the pirate faithful will FINALLY be put to rest. Gonna be a lot of shocked fans around the state when they see the final score of this one. How about everyone quit complaining about the seating or parking and just come and watch a good old fashioned butt kicking?

Really? A CORBIN fan is complaining about another fan base's arrogance??
Confusednicker:

Redonthehound Wrote:Well since all of poor Belfry's fans will have to stand for the game how about standing by the concession stand and buying me a cold drink and hot dog after the Hounds win? And I only live a few blocks from the stadium so if anybody needs a place to park I only charge $20 for the bad guys, the good guys park free.

I would love to buy you a dog and pop!! LOL
Belfry....bring lawn chairs; you will be fine and still get to see a classic game
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next