Poll: State Semi-Finals - Who ya got?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
66.67%
Corbin
33.33%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry at Corbin 11/25 **3A State Semi-Finals**
Corbin may want to start bringing in TN kids so they can get a bigger stadium :biglmao:
I'm all for their enthusiasm.. But the funny thing is, Corbin has been a power house team way before belfry was and has hosted many BIG TIME games in the past, I'm sure they do travel well, so do we. BUT WE GOT THIS COVERED!!! haha. They better worry more about where they're gonna park before all this people in the stands talk.
Heard they're thinking of moving the game to a real stadium, any truth?
If Wayne co can host a state semifinals I'm sure Corbin can
Granny Bear Wrote:Hmmmm....I believe BOTH team's colors are red and white!

Confusednicker:

That's what I was thinking.
Belfry wins and moves on.
Hound05 Wrote:I'm all for their enthusiasm.. But the funny thing is, Corbin has been a power house team way before belfry was and has hosted many BIG TIME games in the past, I'm sure they do travel well, so do we. BUT WE GOT THIS COVERED!!! haha. They better worry more about where they're gonna park before all this people in the stands talk.

That was 34 years ago, just saying. Times have changed and roads are better. If memory serves me right, the visitor stands where not even full last year at Belfry. The sad thing is, is yet to get on here and bragging about not having enough parking :Shaking: that's pretty sad. I do hope it is a good game and injury free.
Hound05 Wrote:I'm all for their enthusiasm.. But the funny thing is, Corbin has been a power house team way before belfry was and has hosted many BIG TIME games in the past, I'm sure they do travel well, so do we. BUT WE GOT THIS COVERED!!! haha. They better worry more about where they're gonna park before all this people in the stands talk.

I come with much respect. I think everyone has decided it's gonna be a packed house and parking will be a pain in the butt. For the sake of history, both schools have had great traditions. It took both schools a long time to win a state championship considering they both began playing football in the 20s. Most real HS football fans know of the Birds and Archie Powers and Cotton Adams. Growing up I always liked to hear how Corbin did and the first time I ever saw them play was, I believe, in the Rec Bowl in 1980. I think they played Mayfield in the opener and Belfry played Montgomery in the night cap. But Belfry has been a force for years too, not just in this century. They appeared in championships in every decade since the 70s, save for the 90s. So Belfry and their 12 all time appearances in the finals with 5 gold trophies stacks up pretty good with the Hounds 3 gold trophies and 7 appearances.
RicFlair Wrote:You belfry people are comical. I'm sure no other team in the state travels well for a semifinal game. I bet somerset never traveled well back in the day for those semifinal games, get over yourself.

You going to this game smartass
I went to the Corbin and Whitley game parking sucks and you need to leave about 3:00 so you will get a seat because if you stand and I did you can't see what's going on down the field if you go to the other end its the same
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:You going to this game smartass

Belfry traveled to Somerset in 07 and had at least 3-4 times the fans Somerset had and that was a state semi. Worst home crowd support I have seen.
Is there a little league baseball stadium we could use? We can sacrifice the field size for the seating capacity upgrade.
You can play this game in the parking lot of the Walmart here and Corbin still wins. The cockiness and arrogance from the pirate faithful will FINALLY be put to rest. Gonna be a lot of shocked fans around the state when they see the final score of this one. How about everyone quit complaining about the seating or parking and just come and watch a good old fashioned butt kicking?
Corbin fans will be there plenty early to get their seats....half are reserved, 1/4 will be reserved for students/band.....

I think it's raining on that side of town right now....cloud burst from what I hear.
From what I hear...you can get around 5,000 butts in Belfry's stadium....I think Denes Stadium seats around 4,250...
The Walmart parking lot probably has more bleachers than Campbell Field.
BUT! I could care less if everyone had to stand the entire game....just sayin...
What will really suck is the players locker room...The home side is bad, if it's raining outside - it's raining inside...just imagine how bad the visitor side must be. It holds about 6" of water due to poor drainage. 100% chance of rain everyday this coming week from what I hear.
Nice bunch of gracious hosts. I'm sure not all are like the arseholes on here but you would think a little more humbleness would be in order for a program that has only had brief bursts of relevance the last 35 years.
We don't deal well with cocky arseholes...
Ain't nobody being cocky just saying until you actually accomplish something meaningful statewide, then I would keep my trap shut. If you are good enough to win Friday night then you can talk all you want. I will be the first to give your team props.
High 58, low 32. Perfect Pirate football weather.
campbellfield Wrote:We don't deal well with cocky arseholes...

Your parents have any kids that lived?
I think both teams have done enough over the years to keep their trap open.
And I believe Corbin has 5 trophies as well...
bucslover68 Wrote:High 58, low 32. Perfect Pirate football weather.

100% chance of sprinkler malfunction...mud bowl!TongueirateSho
campbellfield Wrote:I think both teams have done enough over the years to keep their trap open.
And I believe Corbin has 5 trophies as well...

Try 3...76 80 82...but both have been successful I will agree to that!
J/K...I better shutup in case something did happen.

Campbell Field should be dry as a bone and brown as a biscuit as it has been for 2 months now. Only thing that could cause problems is smoke from the fires....
Every body built up Russell in this last weeks game and we saw where that got them. Keep building up the red pups and we'll see who is sitting on the porch come December. This time of year is where BELFRY thrives. Especially the last 10+ years. Call it cocky or arrogance all you want. I'm seeing it on both sides. Many times I've seen The Pirate faithful outnumber the home teams during regular season and playoffs. And I believe this may be another time it will happen. Let's let the boys figure out the outcome and as bicslober said. IF belfry falls short I'll be one of them that will give ya props. God bless.
Well since all of poor Belfry's fans will have to stand for the game how about standing by the concession stand and buying me a cold drink and hot dog after the Hounds win? And I only live a few blocks from the stadium so if anybody needs a place to park I only charge $20 for the bad guys, the good guys park free.
campbellfield Wrote:100% chance of sprinkler malfunction...mud bowl!TongueirateSho
Since I live so close to the field I'm afraid I'll be asked to supply a water source to put out those dang fires that may have spread over to the field. Lol. Gotta save that grass.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next