Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lex Cath-24 Belfry-22
Final.
This was a heartbreaking game to lose. Belfry played hard and never gave an inch. Their pass defense just didn't stand up to LCA's passing game.

Congratulations Knights. Good job Pirates!!
Caught the last two games on the live stream, which btw, was pretty well done. Didn't see entirety of both, but saw majority. Both D2 games were exceptional games coming down to final drive for both.
Granny Bear Wrote:Sad that the officials saw the need to stop Belfry's fans from using cow bells. Some of the other teams, New Harlan for one, used them for their games. This is a passionate fan base supporting their kids.

Also, I wonder if it would've been better to have played this game the next day. With all the delays, Belfry's game was about 3 hours late. Since the concession stand was closed, the only bottled water available to the players was what was brought with the team.

Granny it wasn't the cowbells. If you attend enough football games you know artificial noisemakers are illegal. It was the belfry fan that had the air horn they set off a couple times that prompted the officials to make the announcement. The concession closed at halftime of the game before Belfry and I agree that's not idea but they had been there for 12+ hours at that time. Belfry players had access to as much water as they wanted, it may just not been from a bottle.
Gentlemen, I extend my genuine apology. I have removed my posts as I have learned that, other than the use of cow bells, the other issues are not a factor.

I was under a wrong impression!