Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newburg 38 - Knox County 20
Congratulations to Newburg!! Most on here counted out every team that wasn't region 4. The NP/KC game was heralded as the state championship in Division 1. I was told on here that region 4 was the Alabamas, Florida States, etc and everyone else were the Boise States, W. Michigans, etc. How about some love for a region 3 team beating out the region 4 champ. No offense towards Knox they are a great team and played hard. Go Newburg!!!
^
Definitely fun watching the unexpected happen this year.
Really should make some reconsider their critique of the KYMSFA guys who set this stuff up.
It turned out exactly like the KYMSFA wanted it to. The KYMSFA formed Region 4 to kill off all the good teams so a few teams outside Region 4 could get to the finals. Its funny how BG always ends up in the Championship game. The KYMSFA knows only one team in each division from Region 4 will survive to the final 4. Our teams in Region 4 are the dummies thinking oh boy, we have the toughest road to the championship when its set up by the KYMSFA to ensure we send only one team usually beat to pieces by the time we arrive in Lexington. I wonder what seed Northern Pulaski, Knox, Johnson or Belfrey would be in BG's region?
Well they wouldn't be in that region due to not being inside that region. It's not the associations fault or the teams fault that the teams play each other in region 4. That's just how it landed with boundary lines.

Frankly, Newburg was the best team this year, period. They. Styled hard in region three and too there poundings. Heck the Newburg-Westport game was extremely physical, both teams had players helped off field.

Again, CONGRATULATIONS to the DIVISION 1 State Champs NEWBURG Middle!!
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:Well they wouldn't be in that region due to not being inside that region. It's not the associations fault or the teams fault that the teams play each other in region 4. That's just how it landed with boundary lines.

Frankly, Newburg was the best team this year, period. They. Styled hard in region three and too there poundings. Heck the Newburg-Westport game was extremely physical, both teams had players helped off field.

Again, CONGRATULATIONS to the DIVISION 1 State Champs NEWBURG Middle!!

Not taking anything away from Newburg they are a great team and deserve the State title! But Bowling Green being in the Championship game was a joke. Boundary lines can be redrawn. Pulaski is only 90 minutes from Bowling Green and 4 hours from Belfry.North Pulaski played Bowling Green at Bowling Green earlier in the year and put a running clock on them in the first half!
All I can say is come to the Nike Clinic and voice your concerns at the KYMSFA meeting. Change only happens when voices are heard, most teams don't send a rep so all they can do is complain after the fact. This is a realignment year, so if there was going to be a year to adjust a line it would be this year.

Also, its not every year that Pulaski schools have to travel to Belfry. They got to host this year for regionals because they put in for it. Get a school in your area to have turf and put in for it and yall can play in yalls backyard instead of driving.

Also, the point that kids had to go 3 hours to play really is just getting them ready for high school. When they get into playoff games in HS they are going to travel on a regular basis. Especially if they are deep in the playoffs. So why not start it in middle school?
Not complaining about the travel! In fact everyone rather enjoys the traveling! Just saying Boundary lines could be redrawn to balance the field!
I have followed 5 boys and 1 girl in basketball, football and cheerleading over a span of about 25 years. If I had a nickel for every mile I've driven, I would be rich!!

Smile